Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    I have to admit I'm a bit confused yet on the Q4 Titanium Award. It was posted here on ABW by Stephen that they had made the decision not to give the Award to 24houredeals and it would go to someone else that would be announced after LS finished performing due diligence on who the replacement winner would be.

I've never seen an announcement from LS who the new winner was. Prior to the GoldenLink Awards, it had been promoted that the winner of Q4 would be receiving the Award publicly at the dinner in more than one place.

At the Awards, the Titanium Award was the last Award presented. In the program, the format for all the Awards was to list the Category and then the finalists. Then the winner was announced. For the Titanium Award, 2 sites were listed: Ben's Bargain Basement and dealsdujour.com. Dealsdujour.com was announced as the winner but no mention of which Quarter was made. I think many assumed they were the replacement winner for Q4.

Now on the LinkshareClub site there are a couple of links going to the winner of the Titanium Award for Q1 http://www.linkshareclub.com/titanium_q12004.html which is dealsdujour.com. The LinkshareClub site is also still showing 24houredeals as the winner for Q4 http://www.linkshareclub.com/archive_q4.html and links to the LS press release http://www.linkshare.com/press/titanium_0504.html Granted that press release is no longer linked to from LS's main press release page.

So who did the Q4 Award really go to? If LS didn't give the award to 24houredeals, why is LS web sites still stating they are the winner? How does Ben's Bargain Center fit into all of this?

Web Ho - Design B!tch ~Michelle's Avatar
    Those are very good questions.

Inquiring minds want to know...
    ~Michelle
    "All I ask is a chance to prove that money can't make me happy."
    "Work to become, not to acquire." -- Confucius

If you stare at the problem long enough you can start seeing the SPIN!

Curious to see the NEW Linkshare spin on this one!

Web Ho - Design B!tch ~Michelle's Avatar
    ~Michelle
    "All I ask is a chance to prove that money can't make me happy."
    "Work to become, not to acquire." -- Confucius

Affiliate Network Rep
    Hi Everyone -

Sorry for the confusion around the Titanium winners... I'm still trying to get caught up after all the events and activities going on over the past few weeks.. At the Golden Link Awards, we announced the winner of the award for Q1. There was nothing planned around our Q4 winner. The two Q1 finalists were dealsdujour.com and Ben's Bargain Center, and as you know, while we flew both affiliates to the awards gala, it was dealsdujour.com who won the Titanium Award for Q1. I also want to take this opportunity to let everyone know that the winner of the Titanium Award and the $15,000 cash bonus for 4th quarter of 2003 is... Techbargains.com! Please join us in congratulating Techbargains.com in their achievement! Remember - "Cool Summer Cash" began on July 1st - and I hope to see everyone earn some cool cash this summer!

Steve

yeeeee haw! Come on and get the cool cash while the poo poo is still hot....

"we can charge commisions whether we sell it or not, we have no ethics and probably will never get caught"

- reprinted with permission from "How I Stole My First Million On The Web" by Jack Cheesey Fraudson

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Isn't TechBargains and PriceGrabber the same company? They sure have a combination of dropshippers and affiliate enabled merchants.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Are you sure you are talking about techbargains Mike?
    All I see is affiliate merchants, and nothing whatsoever to relate them to pricegrabber whatsoever..with the exception that they have a pricegrabber cobrand site like many affiliates do...

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread