ABW Ambassador
    Linkshare Merchant Payment History indicates Linkshare received payment from Orbitz on 7/26/04, yet the Payment Report still says Linkshare Awaiting Merchant Payment. It is simply unacceptable for Linkshare to be holding affiliate commissions for more than three business days.

ABW Ambassador
    Be fair to LinkShare.

With today's low interest rates...it is extremely difficult for companies that depend on kiting checks to execute their business plan properly. It could be that LS is playing the stock market with our checks and have to hold them for an extra long period because the market's recent down turn.

Check kiting is the only possible explanation why LS hasn't implemented ACH yet. With today's interest rates, you have to kite a check for a long time to cover the cost of postage.

What??? I work the in the financial industry and they could be brough to court by a CAL if indeed they are holding funds for their own financial gains with out the proper disclosure.
    Thanks,
    Doug

You would have to prove that it's for financial gain and not just incompetence. I think it would be rather simple to prove the latter.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Huh?
    Banks do this as a matter of course don't they?
    It takes days to clear a check.
    Funny that, they bounce pretty damned instantaneously if there aren't enough funds to cover them.
    How do banks get away with it?

I work in the lending industry (I am actually the head of IT for company) but I know we have a warehouse line of money we draw from on a daily basis, but if it is not paid back that night we are charged interest. It might not sound like a big deal but millions of dallars and a few percentage point is some serious coin.

As far as incompetence is concerned...ignorance is of a law does not hold up in court.
    Thanks,
    Doug

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MichaelColey:
    You would have to prove that it's for financial gain and not just incompetence. I think it would be rather simple to prove the latter. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I wasn't making an accusation...just a bad joke. I figure every delayed check post is a good chance to prod for ACH.

ACH is done by the bank...so I don't hold to the incompetence theory. The most likely reason for the delay in implementing ACH is politics. LS has probably been hit by more than its fair share of bad checks from dot coms; so perhaps there is a nasty bond issue from the banks.

As for implementing ACH, LS simply needs to gather the account information. (The hard part here is that people often get the routing number and account number mixed up.) LS then needs to put together and send an ACH batch to the bank a couple of times each month.

We've been over this ground before (although not for a while). Linkshare does claim that it takes a week or so to process the payments. Nothing has changed, and probably won't. Performics does the same thing.

Fred

ABW Ambassador
    Checks for affiliates are held until checks from merchants are cleared. Can take up to 10 business days. IMO, a good reason to escrow 1-2 months.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Performics does the same thing.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

consolidates payments, too. nice folks.

ABW Ambassador
    8 days later, and Linkshare is still holding Orbitz payments.

ABW Ambassador
    My account shows the check was mailed today 8/5/04, 10 days after Linkshare received payment from Orbitz.

When I receive the check, I'll post the postmark date. I bet it will be 8/6. We'll see.

ABW Ambassador
    Well this is a case of Linkshare waiting the maximum amount of time their policy states they can, so there is honestly nothing you can do. I agree, it is entirely too long, but completely within what they have allotted themselves.

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread