ABW Ambassador
    I can't log in to Linkshare on one of my computers this morning. I get the following message:

You have been logged out for security reasons. To log back in again, please enter your Username and Password above. For your convenience, you will be brought directly back to the page you were accessing in your account.

I've had a lot of problems with this computer these last few days, and think I've finally solved them. I had some nasty BHO stuff that wasn't even being picked up by any spyware program. Thank goodness for a friend that is a computer expert!

I've been able to log in on another computer, so I'm thinking that the problem is localized to this machine only. Is there a security setting that I should check?

Thanks so much for any assistance!

I had a similar thing happen recently with LinkShare. As I recall, Norton had added linksynergy to the list of sites to not accept cookies from, and that was causing the problem. I was using Internet Explorer, and had to go in and manually tell it to accept cookies from linksynergy, then I was able to get in.

Andy

ABW Ambassador
    Thanks, Andy! I figured out the problem, and see that a few other folks have been talking about this in an earlier post (I think it started on June 5, 2004).

The problem is with the latest version (and possibly earlier versions) of Spybot Search and Destroy. I used their Immunize feature, and then couldn't log in to Linkshare. As far as I can tell from the other post, someone at LS is looking at this problem.

ABW Ambassador
    It was just an intermittant problem earlier this morning. It works fine now...We actually got it to work by refreshing our browser after it errored out.

We don't have norton or Spybot, so that was not the issue!

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread