In case any of you didn't get the notice from Performics, this is what I received this morning. --

"Performics is pleased to announce the OfficeMax Affiliate Program!"

"The OfficeMax Affiliate Program through their previous provider ended August 15, 2004. It is important that you join the Performics’ OfficeMax program right away."

"If you are currently an OfficeMax affiliate, you must join the OfficeMax program through Performics to avoid any interruption in your OfficeMax sales."

Now while I don't have but a couple of links up for them because they've never converted for me, I am still an affiliate of OfficeMax at Linkshare. I received NO notice from OfficeMax that a move was taking place, (the last email received from them just a week ago with their weekly product features) but according to Performics, the LS affiliation ended yesterday?

I checked LS and there's nothing to indicate that OfficeMax is no longer there. My Program Control report shows that their program doesn't end there until July 2005.

So I guess this is a heads-up, if your links stop working or your sales stop reporting, you know why.

Just found out a few hours ago...nice they gave us so much notice.
    I see nothing about it on the Linkshare site.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    The only way anyone should jump over to Performics and remove/replace the Officemax links is if they fired their AM firm. If not it's just more of the same old non-reporting of sales.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    Office max pays well to these people https://www.ebates.com/editUserInfos...merchant_id=87
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

"Commission Duration = 0 Days"

Fred

ABW Ambassador
    No it sure wasn't much notice and nothing has yet to come from Linkshare on their disappearance...

The zero return days is a definite deal killer, don't plan on making much from this program with ALL of their competitors offering superiod return days and equal compensation.

To me, OfficeMax is just another gypsy outfit that would have held regular fire sales if they could. They closed many retail outlets by loading junk into the store first then posted no returns on it.

my kid bought a box of 200 blank CD-Rs boxed as 48X. you can't get a good recording on them at 2X! someone obviously tried to push junk on the public then failed and OM probably picked it up at an auction. and, of course, the sale was final.

But on the other hand, perhaps they can do well as an online presence. Most of the online office supply companies don't act as if they have competition so it would be interesting if there was some obvious price cutting going on in the industry.

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    I got the "Check your merchant status" email this morning.

Yep they're deactivated. (Along with Performance Products if anyone is one of their affiliates)

ABW Ambassador
    Office Max just wanted to pull a quick network switch during back to school sales as an educational experience.

I seem to recall that they recently changed management. It's something strange like they were bought out by Boise Cascade. Boise Cascade decided they wanted to concentrate their efforts on their office product stores...so Boise Cascade changed its name to Office Max and sold its lumber and paper stores to a company that happened to be called Boise Cascade.

ABW Ambassador
    I just use OfficeMax and Staples as a lure and try to get people over to coupon friendly and converting Office Depot

I just hope they send out my $8 commish. I don't wanna sick my lawyer on them.

when a merchant leaves one network and goes to another, but doesn't pay me the under-minimum amount I have earned, I join up with them at the new place anyway, then don't put up their links.

Every time they send an email to fire me up I complain about not getting paid from before.

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread