Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    how do I bypass that security thingy?

If you ever find out, please share with the rest of us. I find myself going to Linkshare less and less as time goes by because of this. Majorly irritating.

As long as you don't try and run reports, try using this link, but replace the highlighted with your information.

ssl.linksynergy.com/php-bin/aff/login.shtml?cuserid=<span class="ev_code_RED">INSERTUSERIDHERE</span>&cpi=<span class="ev_code_RED">PASSWORDHERE</span>

The only time I have to do the security thing is when I want to check reports. But of course, that's probably why you wanna bypass it also
    Scott
    If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, then baffle them with bulls#!t
    Don't tell me that you'll do it... SHOW ME.
    Just because everyone else is drinking it is no reason for me to drink the KOOL-AID.

ABW Ambassador
    Took me a while to figure it out, but that
    security thingy is NOT case sensitive like the username is, so it's a little less annoying for me now.
    I'm getting used to it .

ABW Ambassador
    Well when it first came out it was case sensitive, thus it was ever more annoying. My problem now is that sometimes I'm too hasty and forget about it, or some letters are still not the easiest..h, r, or n.

Oh Sh*t ! Are you saying it's no longer case sensitive? That will help.

Just a huge PITA.

Fred

ABW Ambassador
    Fred,

It hasn't been case sensitive since like a week after they came out with it. Lol..I guess that should make life easier for you.

There were a few days where it reverted back to being case sensitive.

I'm not sure why Linkshare Reporting is so important that it has to be protected with a 5 character alpha-numeric field. That's over 60 million possibilities. Surely they could get by with 3 characters (46,656 possibilities). And what's up with the lower case letters? NOBODY else does that.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

The Login is so annoying.

I used to check Linkshare stats daily and at the same time create some new links or optimize existing links.

Now I go to Linkshare at most twice a month, have to try 3 or 4 times on average to get in, then go off to BeFree, CJ, or independent merchants to get links to work with.

I can't believe Linkshare thinks that they are so important and secretive that they really need something in addition to the already confounding usernames coupled with passwords to implement this truly stupid security login set of characters.

I, too, as a merchant, now use linkshare less and less because this is just too much of a pain.

Another terrible decision by a company who could have put their efforts and decisions to much better use.

I like traffic lights
    Southern hemisphere - away from Fukushima
    I got sick of it way back.

I never really did much through linkshare anyway because I could never understand what the hell their report titles had to do with anything.

But I'm slowly but surely replacing my linkshare codes with others from less annoying providers.

I dispise linkshare personally because of the login and its reporting.

Sold a little through them, but its all real weak.

It wont even let me log in to my two accounts now.

Affiliate Network Rep
    I am sorry to hear that you do not like the security feature on the log in. This feature which is becoming more standard online is there to protect you from unauthorized access of your information. You may not realize it, but this feature has already prevented many of the automated programs from taking and misusing your informaiton or your sales data, so while I am sorry to hear that you find it an annoyance, I hope that you understand that we are just trying to make sure that you or your account is not misused. If you are having problems with the secuirty feature please PM me and I will forward along your problems to product development to work on. I know that we have already made some changes to make the feature easier.

In the end we want you to have a safe and enjoyable experience.

Best regards,
    Stephen

I think virtually all of the affiliates here feel that this is an annoyance, not a feature. This has nothing to do with security. The only reason it was implemented was to prevent third-party consolidated reporting providers from including Linkshare merchants. Linkshare is the ONLY affiliate network doing this.

Why can't you focus on things affiliates WANT (like direct deposit, cleaning up the network, improving reporting, faster payments, etc.)? We keep hearing about great things that are coming, but all we get is things that hinder our work.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Please focus on reporting...it seems to go down every weekend. Even today, I am still missing all my sales from Fri, Sat & Sun. Just because you are off on weekends doesn't mean that the affiliates stop working.

I also second the motion for direct deposit...my bank tellers think I'm nuts for all the linkshare checks I deposit into my account.

I personally like having a third party to consolidate my reports...made it much easier to track everything and make business decisions from.

My two cents worth for today!

I have to say I also find the login quite annoying. I can understand the reasoning, but it would be helpful if changes would be made to:

1. Display the letters/numbers in all caps.

2. Reduce the number of letters/numbers to three, or four.

It really does take too many attempts to log-in.
    [B]A great secret of success is to go through life as a man who never gets used up.[/B]

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    My browser remembers my passwords, in Linkshare's case it remembers everything and I type over the scrambled letters with the current one. (thereby creating yet another memorized linkshere login)

After logging onto linkshare several times a day, by the end of the week there's about 100 memorized linkshare log ins.

So I go to my memorized password list and delete 99 of them.

Saw this comin...

Bout two weeks ago instead of clicking "Deleted Highlighted Passwords", I clicked delate ALL passwords.

I spent the better part of 2 days clicking "Lost Password" links on countless 1000's of sites.

There are still several dozen missing. I can't get the passwords emailed to me until i remember which email address I used in the first place.

It is BIGTIME Annoying. Reason for it is problably that the programmers figured out how to do it and thought it was cool. I used to be able to auto fill the form from browser settings and I LIKE IT THAT WAY.

Linkshare go back to the way it was please. There is no reason for it.

I've been having pretty good luck logging in lately. Usually goes through the first time, unlike right after the change was made, when I went a couple of weeks without access.

I agree that fewer letters and numbers would be nice...

Andy

I dont get it. What information is it that you are trying to secure? The reports?

I dont care if someone is able to look at my reports. And why would they want to anyways.

What am I missing??

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    Billy

Potentially not helpful but as a proud member of the "I love Bill Gates" Club I have been a recent convert to Firefox... which remembers the passwords but NOT the text "check code"

Certainly worth a look

NB Elsewhere on the boards I think I declared the text check to be case sensitive... I was wrong it isn't case sensitive... and since I started entering everything in lower case I get less problems that before...

Yes it's pain at times but no more so than Godaddys domain checker and Anti Spam systems.

Cheers

Chris
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

It would be nice if the Linkshare could stream real time sales and click through info like Charles Schwab does with stock prices. This is only a dream. Yes the log in is a pain in the butt.

ABW Ambassador
    Linkshare is the only company that i've seen requiring both username-password and the entry code. usually, it's one or the other.
    (godaddy's domain checker doesn't require you to login using your username-password in order to use it, just the entry code).

The additional entry code at linkshare makes me wonder therefore if Linkshare had already compromised (given out) our usernames and passwords that it became necessary to add the entry code.

It's not letting me log in.

My username/pwd are correct because I use a password manager.

I tried all uppercase, all lowercase, mixed case. No go.

Anyone else having this problem?

I've tried logging onto Linkshare more than 12 times today, also with a password manager (Roboform) and it hasn't let me in once. Just keeps bouncing me straight back to the same security page (but with a different entry-code typein each time.) AARRRGH!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast