Today (Sept 1) Apple introduced the iTunes Affiliate Program. The program pays 5 percent commissions to affiliate Web sites by offering direct links to a any song, album or artist on iTunes. Applicants who sign up through September 15, 2004 are also eligible to win one of five iPod minis.

...but only a 1 day cookie?
    "Affiliates can earn 5% of all qualifying revenue generate in a single session (defined as a 24-hour period) that occurs on a click-through from your site."

anyone had good results with any of the download music services? With Microsoft launching it's music store tomorrow - this could get interesting...

Got it too, say the 1 day cookie and as usual deleted the email. A 1 day says, to me at least, they're not serious about their program. Don't even consider anything under 30 days anymore.
    Greg Rice Affiliate Program Management
    www.gocmc.com info(AT)gocmc.com | 330-259-1223

Join us! - MiNeeds.com | DiscountCandleShop/CheeseSupply | Feng Shui Plaza

ABW Ambassador
    The problem is - you send someone there, they signup, take the day installing the software, searching around and buy in a couple of days.

The only way it would work to link to one off songs and hope a current memeber comes through and you get the .05 from that one purchase... ugh.

Chet

IMO this is one of the few cases where a 1 day cookie is acceptable. Music downloads are one of the bigger impulse buys on the net. Whether or not you should buy a 99 cent song isn't exactly the kind of purchase that you think about for days and days. Typically, when I use the iTunes music store, I'll log on not really looking for anything, and end up buying 4 or 5 songs.

Still, I'd love it if they gave out a longer cookie for new sign-ups (maybe 15 days?). Especially since it's quite a bit more work to refer a new customer, get them to download the software, enter their credit card info, etc...

Agree, strictly impulse.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Joey:
    IMO this is one of the few cases where a 1 day cookie is acceptable. Music downloads are one of the bigger impulse buys on the net. Whether or not you should buy a 99 cent song isn't exactly the kind of purchase that you think about for days and days. Typically, when I use the iTunes music store, I'll log on not really looking for anything, and end up buying 4 or 5 songs.

Still, I'd love it if they gave out a longer cookie for new sign-ups (maybe 15 days?). Especially since it's quite a bit more work to refer a new customer, get them to download the software, enter their credit card info, etc... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    www.joeytomatoes.com :: Day Care For Your Brain

Affiliate Manager affiliatemanager's Avatar
    Hi All,

Just wanted to let you know Buy.com has over 500,000 music downloads available to affiliates via a direct datafeed and pays 10% commissions with 14 return days!

If interested, contact Melissa Salas at Buy.com, affiliates@buy.com or 949-389-2431.

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread