It seems that in almost all the text links in LinkShare, & nbsp; is between each word of the text. It often adds an extra step to go through and remove this so links don't stretch the page.

Never seen this anywhere else, is there a reason for it or could the links be built without this between each word?

So far I've only seen this on my Overstock products links. I didn't seem to care until I realized that it doesn't allow the text to wrap according to the table width. I removed the & nbsp; from the text and the page looks better and links seem to be working.
    ~Ernie

I'm seeing it on a LOT of my LS text links (I can't say all my merchants because I haven't looked at all of them.) It is driving me up the wall because you can't leave it in or it skews your pages and it takes much, much too long to remove it between every single word. I've found myself backing back out and going to another network or indy merchant whenever I pull up a link with & nbsp; in it.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Linda:
    I'm seeing it on a LOT of my LS text links <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I noticed that some time back, the link generator leaves spaces, then when you paste them you get that extra code for them. You can backspace out the spaces within the code at LS before you do the cut and paste and they won't show up. It's really too much trouble though, especially with the extra login stuff too...

ABW Ambassador
    It's very annoying and a time waster. There's no need for it so they should get rid of it.

Doesn't seem like it used to be that way (or at least never noticed it before) but as I've been adding more LinkShare merchants, it takes forever to clean up all the links.

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    yup, it really stinks! I have coupons in a framed area and I have to do a find and replace in html mode. It wasn't like this a few months ago.
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

&gt;&gt; You can backspace out the spaces within the code at LS before you do the cut and paste and they won't show up

do not understand what you say

i think it is LS's link generation bug,
    they still have not fix it

This is such a waste of time to fix. Why doesn't LS fix it like it was before and why won't they answer my requests for why they won't fix it? HUH? HUH?

Web Ho - Design B!tch ~Michelle's Avatar
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ronWLS:
    This is such a waste of time to fix. Why doesn't LS fix it like it was before and why won't they answer my requests for why they won't fix it? HUH? HUH? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree! We have posted about this a few times before and LinkShare never responds.

Maybe they don't know how to fix it?
    ~Michelle
    "All I ask is a chance to prove that money can't make me happy."
    "Work to become, not to acquire." -- Confucius

I copy the link directly from linkshare before i get the ls code and then paste it into my database

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread