The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    Got an email on 7/28 stating their return days are 21 days.

I check Linkshare, it says:
    Commission: (4.4) 8.00% of sale
    Return days: 12

I email merchant on 7/29 to ask which is it, 12 or 21 days.

NO RESPONSE FROM MERCHANT

I send another email on 8/4 - with delivery confirmation receipt - to the email listed in Linkshare, PLUS all the emails listed on their website.

Get an autoresponder stating a human will respond real soon:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Dear myemailaddress,

Thanks for writing to Dutch Gardens.
    We received your message on 8/4/04 at 10:50:50 AM.

This is an automated response but you should be hearing from a real person as soon as possible. Please refer to the tracking number in the subject field of this message if you need to contact us about the message you just sent. This information will help us serve you better. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No human ever responded.

I send yet another email and get:

Subject: Not read: Re: Affiliates - New Dutch Gardens Promo, Commission and News
    Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 09:33:38 -0400
    To: "The Mail Order Shoppe"

Your message

To: DGAffiliates; Rick Renaud; Dutch Gardens Customer Service
    Subject: Re: Affiliates - New Dutch Gardens Promo, Commission and News
    Sent: Wed, 4 Aug 2004 10:52:47 -0400

was deleted without being read on Thu, 26 Aug 2004 09:33:38 -0400

Neither the affiliate manager, nor their customer support nor their webmaster even READS the emails!!!!

Anyone want MY opinion of this non-responsive company???

ABW Ambassador
    Winterpeg, the Mosquito Capital of Canada
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Anyone want MY opinion of this non-responsive company <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nahhh, think many would also have the same sort of thoughts....and they aren't pretty ones either.

Makes no sense does it

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    What a pity. They have the best quality and value for bulbs of any company I've ever purchased from.

I think Mr. Renaud needs to have his behind paddled for this one. Either that or his paycheck should be short-sheeted.

ABW Ambassador
    Take a look at Brecks, not a gardener but it looks like the carry the same stuff and they convert great.

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    Trust I've bought from both (heck, I've bought from everybody) and there's no comparison in terms of quality. Dutch Gardens has the best bulbs. Breck's has nice assortments at very good prices but it takes a few years for the plants to really get going. Dutch Gardens bulbs look great the first season.

Sent another email - and today I got a response. I take back anything nasty!! Rick appears to be one of the good AMs!!! (I invited him here so he can state why emails went unanswered)

Animal Lover
    Rick's okay - it does seem to be hard to get hold of him sometimes - they have some blocker on and I remember it kept sending my emails back saying that I didn't have clearance. Once the emails did get through to him he does reply.

Oscar
    My DataFeed Scripts - php datafeed scripts for your site
    Shareasale datafeed scripts - to display Shareasale datafeeds
    Linkshare datafeed scripts - for multiple Linkshare merchants

I already said "Rick is a really nice guy" - but he asked that I post his reply here so that everyone can see!! He's REALLY sincere - AND he rags on Linkshare. Does it get any better than that!!

So without further ado...

I'd like to start by apologizing that I did not get back to you after your first email. I really am sorry - it's unfair, unprofessional and disrespectful to make you wait so long for an answer. I'm ashamed.

Unfortunately, this is the first email I have seen from you. It's our responsibility as a merchant to make sure that I DO see your emails. Our company implemented a spam filter a couple weeks ago and I suspect that your address - for whatever reason - got tagged for removal. Again our bad. As I'm sure you do, I get about 200-300 junk emails from affiliate addresses, and aside from this situation with you, we have not heard of any good addresses being removed. Obvioulsy our IT team needs to look into this.

Most affiliates contact me via my direct email address (the one you used on your last msg). This comes directly to me. I also ck this address from the road. I try to ck the linkshare affiliate address every week in case someone mistakenly sends an email there (I though I changed our contact address in all the appropriate places in our interface to guide traffic to the above address). Obviously I did not get to your emails in time. Again, I apologize.

All that said, I see that our baseline offer had expired at the end of the month and defaulted to our old baseline offer. I apologize for that lapse and I appreciate your making me aware of the issue. I just renewed that offer (with 21 return days, etc.), so you should see it soon.

While I take full repsonsibility for this mess, I think the ultimate shame lies in the weak chain of communication inherent in Linkshare. If an affiliate has any trouble reaching a merchant, Linkshare should step in and see that it's done. I know I'm not alone in being - at times - overworked, but it is the reality (we are currently understaffed and spread rather thin) and on occasion honest mistakes will be made. If you have looked at our track record at all or spoken with our other affiliates, you'll see that we are honest and stand by our word to do the best we can and ALWAYS make good if we goof up. Hopefully that still means something. I didn't read your posts on ABW, but it sounds like you may have bashed us pretty hard. Perhaps in light of this email you'd consider updating your experience. If not, I understand.

Thanks again for going to great lenghts to make sure your email finally reached me. I'm grateful for your heads up on the expired offer.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do or if you have any more specific questions or concerns.

-Rick Renaud
    -----------------
    thanks rick - you've gone above and beyond

(usually when i send these kinds of emails, the next response i get is "We regret to inform you that merchant so and so has dropped you from their program" (which, if it gets to the point we have to send these types of emails, we really don't care if we're dropped!!)
    -----------------
    Hi Bill.

Thanks for your note and understanding

I'm not a member of the site. Any chance you would add a final post to the string letting folks know we made good on the situation...that is was an honest (though serious) mistake that we took care of - and accepted our paddling? I would imagine other affiliates would appreciate that too.

FYI, I am pressnig Linkshare right now to come up with an explanation of why our baseline offer expired and then defaulted back to an old baseline offer.

I appreciate whatever you can do.

Thanks,

-Rick

(Geez that was alot to read! Hope I deleted anything personal. Gotta run. Son wants to go to the pool - technically not allowed there without an adult)

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread