The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    A sale didn't track (what else is new)

I contact AM (who is actually a Linkshare employee) - no response (what else is new)

I contact the general support at the merchant's site - no response (what else is new)

I contact LS telephone support and talked with someone I've complained about many times here

I ask for the AM's superviser's name so I can complain.

She says can't give out that info, too many affiliates "harrassing" AMs.

I say thanks for your usual lack of help. I'll be contacting the BBB as usual

She says "Is this Billy?" Hold on, I'll connect you with someone who may help.

I already forgot his name, but he's not in any department us affiliates usually contact.

But he was nice, he was friendly, he was helpful. Basically, everything we hope we'll get when we contact a merchant or network.

He's gonna' "ask around" and get back to me by the end of the day.

So lemme say for the record: I had a pleasurable experience dealing with Linkshare today.

DrugStore.com

Tracked for me when I did a test order

Guess I will get another mystery check from them in about 6 months.

All checks coming from Linkshare are similar to finding money.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> All checks coming from Linkshare are similar to finding money.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

sometimes yours, sometimes someone else's

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    This thread is exactly a year old - and has only 2 responses - so it shows it's easier to complain then to compliment...

but here goes...

Recently I sat down at a table of women I didn't know.

They introduced themselves:

Hi I'm Ebony
    Hi I'm Linet
    Hi I'm Reginold
    Hi I'm Kalia
    and a few moments later... Hi I'm Kelli (ABW moderator)

Aargh! I'm at a table with the entire LS support staff!

The people I've shredded both publically here at ABW and privately

My only thought was "Gee I hope none of them is packing a gun"

Anyway...

After 2 hours of "chatting", (which was mostly "Remember that time you called me a so-and-so"), I just want to state that they ARE

nice
    knowledgable
    caring (both about affiliates and their own company's success)
    and dedicated

But if I call and ask "Will I ever be verified" and get "I don't know" - I reserve the right to vent LOUDLY (just not in the form of a personal attack)

So that's my version of a compliment!

Not as colorful as my complaints, but it's now on record!

Newbie at tooting my own horn M_Diddy's Avatar
    Dude...the love is so thick tonight....I need a ginzu knife to cut through it...

I dunno about all this mushy crap.....Either I feel like throwing on a chick flick or throwing up.....but why all of a sudden do I feel all warm and fuzzy......and what the hell is with all these goosebumps......and who the hell is playing this romantic music in the background......

I know.....OMG....I can't believe I am gonna actually admit it..

Linkshare.......you had me at Hello....Yes LinkShare.....you had me at hello....

So pardon me while I messercize into the sunset......

BTW.....You sure you were sitting with the LinkShare girls....sounds like you met My girls.....the Pointer Sisters........You know that wedding song..."We are Family".....hope you got an autograph.

Billy,

Actually, I have to agree with you about the caliber of the women at LS. They have been great, very professional and least they don't call me a liar on the boards like Mr. Messer did.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

they don't call me a liar on the boards like Mr. Messer did.
    Maybe he was the only one with the guts to tell the truth eh?

Only jesting Ron we all know how honest you are .......... until we have one or two drinks too many then you shortchange us.
    One day parasites and their ilk will be made illegal, I bet a few Lawyers will be pissed off when the day comes.
    Mr. Spitzer is fetching it nearer

YouTrek

Wink
    Gordon....Shhhhhhh.

Be quiet and I'll ignore your overdue bar tab.
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    Billy I am envious, about the only way I'll get to sit down with a full team of LS staff is if they all bolt across the border to meet me in Canada

I think there is little chance they will sit across a table from me and joke about, "Remember when you blasted us about the Athena fiasco that went on for weeks and weeks?" I'd almost pay for their dinner to hear that one. LOL

Fortunately, I have not "blasted" any of them personally, only the company and it's top administration. It's not a personal thing between them and me. It is personal (regarding my earnings and earning potential) when it comes to the way Mr. Messer has run things [into the ground] at times. I understand his staff is just following orders and they have been very diplomatic considering the administration they have had to work for.
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Newbie at tooting my own horn M_Diddy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 7-days
    It is personal (regarding my earnings and earning potential) when it comes to the way Mr. Messer has run things [into the ground] at times.
    LOL okay....I cant stop laughing right now.....here is what we need to do.

I am gonna have my assistant call Vince McMahon at the WWE and set up the ABestRon vs Silky Steve Messer Cage Match and settle this once in for all, we are talking pay per view, Closed circuit Television, Media circuit.....I'll bankroll this baby myself....

How funny would that be, forget the golden link dinner at the next symposium, lets have the WWE main event for the affiliate world to witness......Lets let the cage match decide who is right once in for all....forget about all this name calling and bickering shit.....Lets talk some Trash baby....build the hype up....

I wonder what Silky Steve Messers signature move is gonna be.....I know....the $450 mill sushi throw.....is he gonna roll Ron like a California Roll or is he gonna go old school and use the good ole Junk Yard Dog's thump.....you gotta be at the WWE/LinkShare symposium to find out....

Word on the Street is that AbestRon is in cohoots with HackSaw Jim Duggan for training and has bobby the brain as his coach.....Is that "Eye of the Liger" I hear in the background.....

One thing for certain is....The Silky Steve Messer vs AbestRon cage match is an event that you don't wanna miss.

It is on like AbestRon Baby......

Diddy

Internet Cowboy
    Quote Originally Posted by M_Diddy
    LOL okay....I cant stop laughing right now.....here is what we need to do.

I am gonna have my assistant call Vince McMahon at the WWE and set up the ABestRon vs Silky Steve Messer Cage Match and settle this once in for all, we are talking pay per view, Closed circuit Television, Media circuit.....I'll bankroll this baby myself....

How funny would that be, forget the golden link dinner at the next symposium, lets have the WWE main event for the affiliate world to witness......Lets let the cage match decide who is right once in for all....forget about all this name calling and bickering shit.....Lets talk some Trash baby....build the hype up....

I wonder what Silky Steve Messers signature move is gonna be.....I know....the $450 mill sushi throw.....is he gonna roll Ron like a California Roll or is he gonna go old school and use the good ole Junk Yard Dog's thump.....you gotta be at the WWE/LinkShare symposium to find out....

Word on the Street is that AbestRon is in cohoots with HackSaw Jim Duggan for training and has bobby the brain as his coach.....Is that "Eye of the Liger" I hear in the background.....

One thing for certain is....The Silky Steve Messer vs AbestRon cage match is an event that you don't wanna miss.

It is on like AbestRon Baby......

Diddy
    Featuring Special Guest Referee:
    Todd Crawford!

And M Diddy as the official sports announcer!!!

I suggest that Mr. Medder comes back and opens that moderated thread he promised us three months ago. That would be the perfect "ring" to box around all things out in the open. It would be most benificial to all and the great thing is, everyone (merchants, affiliates, LS) would all be the winners.

Game on!
    7 Days A Week Marketing

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread