I just want to vent a little about Nordstrom. A few months ago I contacted their affiliate manager by the name of Mollie. She was very friendly and agreed to call me for a phone interview for acceptance into her program. We set a time and date that she would call. When the time arrived I waited for an hour by my phone. She never called.

Since then I've sent numerous emails with absolutely no response. It's almost as if she dropped off the face of the earth. This has been very disconcerting and makes me want to have little to do with Nordstrom. The only thing that makes me continue is the fact that they're a strong entity that I need to include in my services.

Somebody please tell me what's up with Nordstrom. Why haven't they responded to my emails? Why aren't they doing something to improve this situation? Has anybody been able to communicate with them in the past 4 or 5 months?

Please help!
    - Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Nordstrom=brick-n-mortar retailer. That automatically makes their program run by some Adwhore 2nd party AM firm employing a sock puppet intern to account management. To get through tell her mesage service your a new wizbang BHO publisher.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

ABW Ambassador
    Give up. You are starting to sound pathetic. Do not beg any retailer to join their program, ever. Stop sitting by the phone. You have already lost your negotiating power.

If "Mollie" reads this she might call you and make a special "private offer".

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jimbo2002:
    Give up. You are starting to sound pathetic. Do not beg any retailer to join their program, ever. Stop sitting by the phone. You have already lost your negotiating power.

If "Mollie" reads this she might call you and make a special "private offer". <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, this is basically me giving up on trying to contact them. If they want me, they'll need to make some sort of effort to get this going. Plenty of other merchants to promote. This just hinders my goal to promote them all.

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

Hi,

Its not just you! I run a shopping site in my spare time (ha ha spare time LOL).

Anyhoo... I applied and was turned down, then I reapplied and Mollie sent me some really off topic odd email asking if I would require a datafeed.. THEN when I replied with NO "could you just please approve my app" I never heard anything for 3 more weeks.

Finally this Tuesday I remembered and emailed her again and said that my site visitors want me to have Nordstrom so just let me know either way. Later that day she approved me. I had sent out a newsletter of high end stores that day that she could have been in it if she had replied sooner- so now she is begging to be in my next newsletter..

pretty funny. glad to have them- hope I see some sales for all of my hard work so far.

Liz

Nordstrom is stupid. I try applying to there program so many times and they rejected me every time. I'm not wasting my Time with Nordstom anymore.

ABW Ambassador
    They're one of my best merchants. Too bad sometimes the affiliate program doesn't match the quality of the merchant. Personally i've never had a problem with them.

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread