Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Does anyone know how long these guys take to approve/decline your application?

How long did they take for you? TIA

ABW Ambassador
    Took about two weeks here.

------------------------------
    "It be's dat way sumtimes." ~ Coco B. Ware

They can take anywhere up to two weeks. I wish you the best of luck with Macy's - I've applied twice through LinkShare and also through another affiliate program but they're just not interested!

Where else are they apart from linkshare?

Took a good couple weeks for them to even check my application and they rejected me.. I don't think there serious about affiliate marketing and I don't think they understand how it works. I get almost $15,000 in sales a month and generate about 40,000+ visitors a month going to the best converting merchants. Also I'm passing records like never before I might hit over $20,000 in sales by next month. Anyway I wouldn't waste your time on Macys! Macy staff if your reading this message, you need to really not reject top affiliates. or perhaps all you want is the free branding. I doubt it they even convert that good.

Jason

<a href="http://abw.infopop.cc/6/ubb.x?q=Y&a=tpc&s=548608979&f=179600589&m=5876081315&p=2"target="_blank">Affiliate goals<a>

Together as a team we can make a difference!
    Spend your life lifting people up, not putting people down. --Unknown

Jason, I don't think making $15,000 in sales sitewide makes you a "top" affiliate.
    So I wouldn't say they are going around rejecting "top" affiliates.

It took over a week for them to accept me. I think that maybe it is taking so long because they are actually checking the sites that are applying instead of doing mass acceptances.

They are converting very well for me, and if it keeps up over the next few months they may become one of my top merchants.

They used to be at Perfomics but I think they are only at Linkshare now.

ABW Ambassador
    Jason, Commissions not Sales. When i first started out i sometimes got rejected by the bigger brands but the longer you do this and the more money you make the easier it is to get into programs. Macys is converting great for me. Nordstrom finally let me in after a year of rejection and they are one of my top merchants. JCPenney are you listening

I work in lounge pants

Nasty Nasty Connie! I think Jason's $15,000 monthly sales is not bad at all if you consider how difficult it is to get a foot in the door. I guess Macy's doesn't need that kind of money, so I don't know why they bother with an affiliate program anyway! And here I thought I was a "Top" affiliate too Jason

I wasn't trying to be nasty, just honest. From a merchants perspective, Jason is not yet a "top" affiliate.
    Especially when you spread his sales over quite a few merchants.
    While he may be tops in motivation and spirit he isn't yet tops in sales yet.

Heck, I still have merchants that won't accept me because I don't fit their sales quota yet. Gives me motivation to strive higher.

ABW Ambassador
    I very seriously doubt that merchants base accepting or declining an affiliate on monthly sales. There is no way for them to get that figure.

If it was based on monthly sales, I definitely would not have been accepted by Macy's.

sales have nothing to do with getting accepted. I was approved by macys within a day and my site is no major player in this yet.

dont follow my lead and you will be ok
    aim nycfalcon1

Macy's approved us in November - it took about 2 weeks.

I doubt approval hinges on the amount of sales or traffic. My best month on Linkshare was last month, $8k in sales. My sales were much lower in November when Macy's approved us. My traffic levels are about 1/3 of Jason's 40k a month as well.

I'm not converting as well as I had hoped with Macy's. I had some sales - but it seems, since Macy's pulled their product linking, my sales stopped. I can't get them to reply to any of my emails either. It's been disappointing.

Ellen just Flush them. There are bigger fish out there

ABW Ambassador
    Ellen,

I've had the same problem with Macy's pulling their product links. No Sales. I can't get them to reply either.

Ben,

Cut to the chase by calling them.

In many cases the reason it takes so long to get approved, you are rejected, or whatever, is because of lax staff members and/or they bypass your e-mail, that is among so many others.

I called liberator.com to see how my app. was coming along, and the person in charge of that dept. mistakenly missed my e-mail. He approved me on the spot.

Call the merchants. This also shows your interest in them, which makes a world of difference in getting an approval.

TrustNo1 actually it is $15,000 in sales and $1000+ in commissions hopefully by the end of next month. Anyway the point is why wouldn't Macys wan't $1000 in sales a month or more. Besides it's money and sales. Hey If you can break more then $100 a month in commissions at least then I say you are on your way to a top affiliate. Connie you are right, actually no one is a top affiliate these days.. you learn something new almost every day. But If someone can make enough to pay there rent, bills and food, I have to say your on your way to being a top affiliate. Anyway I will try to apply to macys again later. Back to work for me!

<a href="http://abw.infopop.cc/6/ubb.x?q=Y&a=tpc&s=548608979&f=179600589&m=5876081315&p=2"target="_blank">Affiliate goals<a>

Together as a team we can make a difference!
    Spend your life lifting people up, not putting people down. --Unknown

Does anyone have a phone number for the Macy's AM? They don't have a number or address listed.

ABW Ambassador
    Don't have phone number, but do you need his name? You could call Macy's in NY and ask for the Marketing Dept.

Thanks, Bob. I have his name. They don't make contacting them easy. I'm getting real close to flushing this one.

I was accepted pretty quickly with Macy's, but I am having a heck of a time with Nordstroms, but that's okay I suppose, I'll just keep trying.

<P class=sig align=left><FONT face="Comic Sans MS,Sans-Serif" color=red size=4>Diane
    </FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman,Times,Serif"><FONT color=purple>Interested in Philosophy? Visit my forum: </FONT><FONT color=purple>Philosophy, Spirituality &amp; Kabbalah</FONT></FONT></P>

ABW Ambassador
    Macy's accepted us in about two weeks. Unfortunately, the Christmas shopping season was almost over by then.

Nordstroms turned us down about two years ago and in retaliation for that I have boycotted them ever since.

Ellen,

Call their customer service, and they either know what you are talking about or they will direct you to the operator who can direct you to that dept. It's easy, and makesmuch more sense than e-mailing.

Keep trying. Once you get a merchant on the phone, they will more than likely sign you up right then and there. Also, make sure you have the kind ofquestions you want to ask them, so you don't keep calling them.

The Troll

I managed to get into Macy's program, and just await Target.

I emailed the affiliate manager for Macy's at LS - if anyone wants her details, please message me privately.

Ben.

No thanks, I have their 1-800 number and the name of the person in charge.

ABW Ambassador
    Ben Flux - sent you a PM

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast