Web Ho - Design B!tch ~Michelle's Avatar
    Why does it talke Linkshare so long to mail out payments after the merchant has paid them?

For example, I have one merchant that paid them going on 10 days ago and my check still has not been cut.

I can understand a day or two, but darn near 2 weeks?
    ~Michelle
    "All I ask is a chance to prove that money can't make me happy."
    "Work to become, not to acquire." -- Confucius

ABW Ambassador
    We've had this discussion many times before. Linkshare is just riding the float regardless of what they tell you because checks clear in one business day and some merchants even wire the money to them, so it clears immediately.

I cant say anything about LS but me being an in charge of accounts payable in my company I know most of the times due to the high volume of payables sometimes it takes more than couple of weeks before we process a payment and then almost 3 to 4 days to get it signed by the authorized signatories. I presume most of the companies with the huge volume of payables may require sometime before they process payment.

BTW today I got my first check of $52 from LS and thats my first commission check. Though its not big but at least I have started to earn something.
    <DT>[size=1][color=navy]"The best measure of a man's honesty isn't his income tax return.[/color][/size]<DT>[size=1][color=navy]It's the zero adjust on his bathroom scale." Arthur C. Clark[/color][/size]</DT>

ABW Ambassador
    Commission checks are not accounts payable which are generally net 30. They are acting in a fiduciary responsibility in collecting funds and then holding them for an unreasonable amount of time.

Congrats on your first check Ahmar!

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    What payments?
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

Thanks CF
    <DT>[size=1][color=navy]"The best measure of a man's honesty isn't his income tax return.[/color][/size]<DT>[size=1][color=navy]It's the zero adjust on his bathroom scale." Arthur C. Clark[/color][/size]</DT>

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by CheeseHead:
    What payments? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's midnight - getting sleepy - you made me laugh hard!

Welcome to the club Ahmar. It's always nice to get the fist check. Keep on plugging away and they double, triple, multiply by 10x, 100x and more. Keep it up and the rewards can be great!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Superstar:
    It's always nice to get the fist check. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks Superstar! I agree, it was a different feeling.

Web Ho - Design B!tch ~Michelle's Avatar
    Just an update.

I checked the payment interface the end of last week..nothing, still had not been sent.

I checked it Tuesday, and it had changed and said it was sent on Oct 1, 2004.

It usually only take 3 days for the check to reach me once it has been sent, so about mid-week I was starting to wonder.

Check finally arrives today. The check is dated 9-22-04 but postmarked 10-5-04.

Go figure.
    ~Michelle
    "All I ask is a chance to prove that money can't make me happy."
    "Work to become, not to acquire." -- Confucius

Yeah, and those postmarks are from the Linkshare mailroom gerbil, not the post office. Who knows when they really went out.

Judging by the "postmark date", checks from Linkshare can take 3-5 days longer than checks mailed from other companies in the same part of the country.

There have been two main theories on the slow payments:

1) Linkshare is profiting from the float.
    2) Linkshare is just incompetent.

They claim they don't earn interest on the affiliate account, so go figure.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    I've asked LS this question many times - same response each time:

"Looks like someone forgot to update the payments received interface. Thanks for bringing this matter to our attention."

I always BCC the affected merchant with the phrase "when will linkshare be paying the affiliates with the money you already sent them"

and sometimes these merchants send LS a nasty email.

Doesn't matter - LS is who they are and who'll they'll always be - the network that doesn't think paying affiliates is important.

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    Hi ahmar

Excellent news on that first cheque, not often that we see people with a first one that's so big, so it's a great start and looks good for the future!

My first one I got totally by accident, something like $2.50 when I had a Thailand travel web site and no clue what affiliate marketing was, just needed some links

Cheers

Chris
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

Some time in the past, I had a check or two show up for amounts well under the minimum. They were for transactions from at least six months before, so apparently LS has a mechanism for cleaning up the books.

ABW Ambassador LinkShare Moderator's Avatar
    Hi All -

Once we receive payment from a merchant, it typically takes our team 7-10 business days to process and mail individual affiliate payments. Although we are often able to distribute affiliate payments within shorter periods, this timing may fluctuate depending on volume.

Sarah

17. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread