Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Affiliate Network Rep
    Hi All -

We are hosting the First Annual LinkShare Golden Link Awards to honor extraordinary achievements in performance-based marketing. LinkShare's valued partners represent the best that the industry has to offer. As a LinkShare affiliate partner, you are eligible for these awards! Winners will be recognized at an exclusive awards ceremony to be held the night before LinkShare Symposium 2004 at the Metropolitan Club in New York City. To submit an entry for one or more of the awards listed below go to http://www.linkshare.com/symposium/goldenlink.html

Nominate Yourself for a LinkShare Golden Link Award:

- Innovative Affiliate of the Year: Innovation drives our industry - from implementing new technology, to introducing a promotional campaign, to overcoming challenges that face online marketers today. We're looking for unique initiatives that have facilitated new partnerships, driven sales, and built ROI.

- Best New Affiliate: Are you new to affiliate marketing or to LinkShare? Have you achieved tremendous growth in your business as a result? We're looking for new affiliates that are demonstrating high-level growth.

- Performance Marketing's Most Vocal Advocate: Are you a resource for the online community? Do you patrol the message boards, mentor newcomers or publish a newsletter to build awareness on performance marketing trends? Tell us how you have influenced change within the performance marketing industry.

Finalists will receive a complimentary ticket to attend the LinkShare Golden Link Awards on June 22, 2004. Golden Link Award Winners will be announced at the gala awards dinner featuring stand-up comedian Robert Schimmel, who has appeared in his own Showtime and HBO specials, on The Howard Stern Show, and is the winner of the prestigious Best Male Stand-Up Comic award at the 1999 American Comedy Awards.

The deadline for entries is 5pm EST on Thursday, May 13, 2004. Don't miss out on this exciting opportunity to be recognized for your achievements!

Best regards,
    Steve

You missed one: "most patient"

how about: "most mis-directed checks received"

How about one for the merchants...."most months to hold off paying affiliates"
    "Merchant with no cookie get no clicky"

Affiliate Manager
    Yeah, they are awarded the BOOT...

Affiliate Network Rep
    Glad to see that everyone is getting excited about the nominations ;-)

While those awards are somewhat interesting, how about nominating yourselves to some of the real awards. It’s a great chance to get recognized for all the hard efforts you are all putting in.

Steve
    P.S. And I thought I was the sarcastic one here

hmmmmm .... K.
    I nominate myself for the "Most Likely to Invade Every Linkshare Thread With Posts About Reporting Until Reporting Actually Is Adressed By Linkshare or Even Better Is Actually Updated"
    award.

Think I stand a chance?

Oh and don't worry, I am in the process of making this an actual award. I am even going to get a trophy made (by one of the puppies) and make a certificate.

Everyone is welcome to enter although as I am in charge of the award I think I stand a good chance of winning it.
    ================================================================
    Been away, now I'm back. Not as much, but I'm back & starting from scratch. Where I was, was fantastic. Where I am now, less so. Things have changed, become harder. So have I. Game ON!!!
    ================================================================

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>how about nominating yourselves to some of the real awards <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I nominated myself for the Most Innovative. If I win, it'll be clear that these awards are lame..

I never received the invitation to LS Sympo. I really want to be there and stir some. Whom do I contact?

- BluesX

Hey BluesX Long time no see. Welcome back!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Hey BluesX Long time no see. Welcome back! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yo! Heyder!

Thanks for the warm welcome! I'll try to stay active as long as I can (which is not too long..)

Take Care,

- BluesX

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    Reminds me I got a couple of folks I need to go nominate.

Personally, I've always thought the thing of nominating yourself for an award is kind of lame. Seems to mean more for a nomination to come from someone besides the person possibly getting the award. JMO though.

ABW Ambassador
    I nominate 180 Solutions as best new affiliate.
    It exposed linkshare for what it is.

I would also nominate linkshare as a whole for "Just Stop Lying And Admit it Award". For padlocking the simple reports for "security reasons" while leaving my personal information not behind this oh,so secure extra login. Admit it, it has nothing to do with security.

ADMIT IT!!!! ADMIT IT!!!!

Argh, the lies are what bothers me.

Chet

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Personally, I've always thought the thing of nominating yourself for an award is kind of lame. Seems to mean more for a nomination to come from someone besides the person possibly getting the award. JMO though. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

IMO it's slightly lame--but to me the main point is how awards are decided, not how the nominations come about. Sure it kills the boastability of a nomination when you're the one who did the nominating--but the REAL boastability is in the WINNING anyway. I think it's kind of stupid to brag about merely getting nominated to anything in any case.

(Now if only movie companies would agree and quit putting "Academy Award Nominee" on ads for non-winning movies! )
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

ABW Ambassador
    I second the nomination of 180solutions.

And Tommy should personally get the Most Vocal Affiliate Advocate award for letting us know the changes at Linkshare regarding parasiteware and how it affects the rest of us. Thank you Tommy.

ABW Ambassador
    What i would like to know from LS is why did they drop WhenU and then explain the differences between WhenU and 180.

I nominate Trust for the Affiliate Most Likely to Edit or Delete A Post Before The Web Ink Dries.

Case in point: http://abw.infopop.cc/eve/ubb.x?a=tp...3674#437103674

Stephen, are you going to announce all the finalists prior to the dinner? I know you will for the Merchant and Affiliate Choice since voting will happen for those. But for the other categories.

Affiliate Network Rep
    Creativity never dies. Thanks for all the suggested awards, but I think I will go with the ones we have. As for nominating yourself or others, we welcome all nominations. The reason we suggested nominating yourselves was we where concerned that it might get competitive in a nasty way. What we really hoped would happen is you would nominate yourself if you felt you where doing something special that deserved the attention. As we all know no one is as harsh a critic as ourselves.

Anyway the event is going to be insane, I mean really over the top so I look forward to seeing you all there. If you have not gotten an invite then PM me with your contact info and I will take care of it.

Best regards,
    Stephen

Got my nominations in. And actually got a nice reply email back from LS.

Here's to my choices winning

Most of us could care less about recognition. We just want to have the tracking and reporting problems fixed, get paid for our efforts, and get direct deposit. What's so hard about that?
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    Heh, I want money, not recognition, don't want competitors looking at my good sites. Now, if you had a POS award, I would be happy to nominate my first web site....... It could be a case study in how to lose money through affiliate marketing.
    Following everyone else is a GREAT way to become average.

I nominate myself for an award for having put up with linkshare, lost checks, no direct deposit, and slow reporting for 5 years.

What do I get?

Affiliate Network Rep
    Hey Mike,

Glad to see you getting in the spirit of things.
    ;-)

I am personally very excitied about all the awards for great work that I have been reviewing. This should be great. BTW I noticed that alot of the same comments are being said by the people who beat up on Earn More in Q4. Seeing as that club program paid out an additional $350,000 you might want to focus more on the upside to take advantage of all that is going on. Just my $.02

Steve

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    I'm wondering if there will be an award for the site that found the most effective way to create cookies without clicks.....

Cheers

Chris
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

15 years and counting
    I think these awards (based on the performance perceived by the networks) are an incentive for crooked people to enter (or stay) in this market.
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I am personally very excitied about all the awards for great work that I have been reviewing - M. Messer <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    What about the 50 affiliates sites that you introduced to us like some of your best performers. More than half of them were using dirty tricks to steal our commissions, others were in a gray area. Few of these affiliates were real performers and I feel sorry for them to be exposed.
    Why don't you tell us more about cleaning this business? Why many of these sites are still LS affiliates overwriting our links?
    I see other priorities, tracking, reporting, paying us on time with direct deposit...
    How many lost checks, lost transactions... do we still have to experience?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast