According to Ben Edelman's post in this Thread Linkshare merchants are still being targeted.

I think it's safe to postulate that, like in the situation with CJ (see this thread) that it's NOT 180 directly overwriting, but "rogue" affiliates who advertise with 180.

CJ is taking the position that it would be a violation of their PSA if an affiliate engaged in such activity, does Linkshare have something similar in their affiliate agreement to preclude such activity [by the affiliates]?
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

Two updates on this:

1) In the 180 forum, I've posted a quick update as to the scope of 180's activities, 180's excluded domains, etc.

2) In case anyone wants fresh documentation of LinkShare merchants being targeted, I've just posted a new video and set of screenshots for The Golf Warehouse. This is only one merchant, but then again a) I'm busy, and b) there's been no meaningful dispute as to what is continuing to take place.

You'll notice that I'm still experimenting with different ways of presenting evidence and proof here. I continue to think the video plus packet log form a rigorous combination, and a good place to start. But I worry the packet log is a bit off-putting to all but the savviest and most technical of readers, and some users don't have their Windows Media Players correctly configured to view the videos. At least these screenshots are easy to understand (little technical knowledge required), and everyone has the required software to view them (just a web browser, no video player required). Also I can make these screenshots somewhat faster than the annotated packet logs (for which all the color-coded highlighting can be a bit time-consuming). Comments welcomed and appreciated.

Note that I'll be on vacation for much of the coming weeks, checking email occasionally and ABW at most rarely.

Ben

ABW Ambassador
    Have a great vacation Ben!
    Cazzie

ABW Ambassador LinkShare Moderator's Avatar
    Hi Haiko,

As we have made clear on many occasions, there is no room for "rogue affiliates" in the LinkShare Network. Under the terms of the addendum to our current affiliate membership agreement, affiliates are prohibited from taking any action that would interfere with other affiliate links or manipulate LinkShare tracking technology in any way that would deprive other affiliates of commissions that they would otherwise be entitled to receive. The fact that an affiliate purchases advertising inventory from Metrics Direct aka 180 Solutions or any other advertising platform does not insulate that affiliate from complying with the terms and conditions of the affiliate membership agreement.

If you believe that there are affiliates in the LinkShare Network that are not in compliance with our terms and conditions, please provide us with any information that you have relating to that alleged non-compliance at complianceinfo@linkshare.com and, as always, we will conduct a thorough investigation.

Best regards,
    Sarah

Sarah,

Thanks for the reassurance post.

Quick question, it arose from the perfomics letter thread (Here), are merchants precluded from keyword bidding via 180 even though it could [and most probably will] interfere with an affiliate's clickstream?
    Continued Success,

Haiko

Continued Success,

Haiko

For whatever reason, it seems no one from LinkShare cared to comment on Haiko's August 9 "bump" (immediately above).

In my testing, it also looks like LinkShare hasn't managed to stop 180 from continuing to target LinkShare merchants. See the thread I started in the 180 forum earlier today: Update on 180 affiliate activities, new videos & packet logs.

The major finding: I've found dozens (hundreds?) of major merchants still targeted by 180, including plenty of LinkShare merchants. Recall that three months have elapsed since I first released my article about 180's activities -- and, to be sure, 10 months since Ms. B's initial postings on this subject.

The net result: Merchants (including LinkShare merchants) are continuing to pay commissions they shouldn't be paying; other affiliates are continuing to lose commissions to 180; and LinkShare is continuing to profit from this mess.

[Edited to fix a confusing typo.]

Now that LS has decided to come out of hiding and comment on the Q2 award, maybe we can get an answer to this post.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Internet Cowboy
    All they say is "provide us with information."
    Well...guess what....OPEN YOUR EYES LINKSHARE. The information is all around you. Read Ben's posts and look at his research.
    LS is no different that anyone else. They bury their head in the sand and pretend that nothing is happening.
    Messer has lost his guts to face ABW members I guess.

ABW Ambassador
    I don't think they will ever address this or anything like it.

The Linkshare brand, which once stood for leadership, will continue to become more associated with Spyware and scams until it is too late.

Someone is asleep at the wheel.

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread