I'm looking for a decent video game merchant to promote this Christmas. I was curious about EBGames, but after reading about them here on ABW I'm very wary. They also auto-deny your application through LS so it doesn't seem very easy to get into their program. What is your experience with this?

Also, who do you promote and who does well in this market? I'm aware of videogamedeals.com, but their site looks a little unprofessional so I'm going to steer clear for a while there. Thank you in advance!!

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

I use gamestop over at befree they perform pretty well.

Also EBgames gives you 0 to 5% comission. You won't even get a comission on some video games and no comission what so ever on any console. I was approved to them but I don't promote them.

ABW Ambassador
    Two more options would be Amazon and http://www.gogamer.com/ at CJ

I can't find GoGamer when I search CJ for links.

I don't like the 0% commission with EBGames, that's just entirely unappealing. It seems they aren't managing their affiliate program very well.

I found Gogamer under "Compuexpert" on CJ, but they only have a 1 day cookie duration. That's pretty bad. Are video games even worth it? I have quite a few up, but haven't really seen any activity there. Maybe I should focus on toys instead this holiday season. What would you recommend?

- Scott

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I don't like the 0% commission with EBGames, <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> You guys can be so greedy at times they do offer you a full 1 day cookie duration you know?, if that does not sound much good think of it another way.

Look at it like a 24 hours cookie that sounds better eh? or even a 1440 minutes cookie now that sounds really good eh? but what about a full 86400 seconds cookie? now that sounds out of this world, hell I'll even join up myself for this.
    One day parasites and their ilk will be made illegal, I bet a few Lawyers will be pissed off when the day comes.
    Mr. Spitzer is fetching it nearer

YouTrek

Having a video game site I used to use them. Problem was my SEO was a little too good for them since I beat all of their other sites out of Google except their main one. They whined about it, wanted me to "tone down" my site then they dropped me. Only thing they accomplished was having another site replace mine in Google and my game sales went to their competitors-smart move EB!
    Greg Rice Affiliate Program Management
    www.gocmc.com info(AT)gocmc.com | 330-259-1223

Join us! - MiNeeds.com | DiscountCandleShop/CheeseSupply | Feng Shui Plaza

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Xandman:
    Having a video game site I used to use them. Problem was my SEO was a little too good for them since I beat all of their other sites out of Google except their main one. They whined about it, wanted me to "tone down" my site then they dropped me. Only thing they accomplished was having another site replace mine in Google and my game sales went to their competitors-smart move EB! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think you posted this in another discussion, it's still baffling how they can be such boneheads. You aren't even to blame for ranking higher, it's entirely in Google's hands where you rank. I'll be sure to steer clear of them.

- Scott

Really, the first and only time I was punished for doing too good. Unreal.
    Greg Rice Affiliate Program Management
    www.gocmc.com info(AT)gocmc.com | 330-259-1223

Join us! - MiNeeds.com | DiscountCandleShop/CheeseSupply | Feng Shui Plaza

I been getting sick and tired of affiliates lately so I am starting my own webstore with a drop shipper. DandH.com which offers a service called rite2u.com

basically after you sign up for DandH and are approved you can sign up for rite2u.com and get a site like mines. http://hardwaregeeks.rite2u.com (as you can see there is a game section) I like to it from my main site and I basically get comissions from 2.40 to 18 bucks per sale even if the sale is only 10 dollars I have gotten atleast 20% of that.

But to get into DandH you have to be a reseller so you need a TaxID from your state etc.

Action Jackson - King of the World
    Gamestop sucks for me. I did get my first Video game Deals sale already tho and it's been up less than two weeks

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread