Hi there everyone!!!! Just wondering if any one has recived target.com commissions or payments? Thank you very much.

I have 1 dollar total comission from them. I have had them as a merchant for 2 months.

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    I may be wrong, but I don't see how anybody can offer anything more than the actual brick and morter Target, Walmart, K-marts, etc that are on practically every street corner of the world!

My philosophy is that if one of these stores sells it, it won't be on my site. I stick to specialty items or high-end versions of the x-mart item - I think there is a growing need for higher quality as the x-marts squeeze out more and more small shops.

Exception would be coupon sites but there are a ton of them out there and you would have to work pretty hard to compete.
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

Marito,

Perfect scenario for the Wal-Mart, Target, Kmart, etc. I have them on my sites so I can look real quick to see if the store carries the item I’m interested, before I get in my car and drive to the store! Its hard as heck to get sales out of those stores unless its form yourself.

I have yet to see any sales from target either even though I send them many "targeted" (pardon the pun) clicks.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    The above senerio is absolutely correct as you'll never see a brand name brick-n-mortar AM come here and post. They all are run by Adwhore ad agency or network AM's who first sign up every known BHO and cookie stuffer on day of launch.

Wal-Mark only turns on their shopping cart affiliate tracking, from my stats, beginning in November and shuts it off December 10th the last 3 years.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> you'll never see a brand name brick-n-mortar AM come here and post <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

oh, I dunno . . . thought I saw them making an announcement here somewhere recently.

anyway, my only Target sale came by accident via Amazon.com a few months ago.

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    I don't promote big box store affiliate programs for the simple reason that most people live within a half hour drive of them. Rather than pay shipping I can imagine a buyer thinking, "I'll just pick it up next time I'm in the area."

There are some products that are carried on Target's site that can't be found in the store, as I learned last year when hubby wanted a shoe polisher. The problem is...how can you possibly know which products those are?

Not worth my time, IMHO.

One key element we need to consider here is branding. When you co-brand your site with names like this, it gives people a sense of recognition that will bring them back again in the future.
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    Below is taken from the Walmart Aff Agreement:

3. Prohibitions

You understand and acknowledge that this Agreement is made between you and Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC and is solely for the purpose of allowing you to link to the Walmart.com website.

You may not use the name Wal-Mart, or any variation thereof, in any manner not expressly authorized by this Agreement. You may not use the Walmart.com name, or any variation thereof, in any manner not expressly authorized by this Agreement. In particular, you may NOT use Walmart.com’s name, or any variation thereof, in metatags; you may NOT use Walmart.com’s name, or any variation thereof, in hidden text or source code; you may NOT use Walmart.com’s name, or any variation thereof, in your domain name or any other part of your Universal Record Locator (URL); you may NOT engineer your site in such a manner that pulls Internet traffic away from Walmart.com.

If your site is accepted to the Program and donates, directs or transfers any portion of its referral fees to any school or other education-related foundation, charitable organization or program, you may not state or imply that Walmart.com endorses such activities or is responsible in any way for the inclusion and donation of funds to any of the schools, foundations or charities associated with your site.
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

I got lucky with Target and have one product that you can't find in the stores that sells through organic searches on one of my sites, and they've always paid me...

although my sales tanked last month
    Suz~~GearGirl~~

I averaged 30 to 35 cents a click with Walmart last month. It just depends on how you promote them.

Internet Cowboy
    I sell one item at Target and it does OK. Low volume but it is something I can't find anywhere else.

ABW Ambassador
    Target does pretty good for me. I've been pushing WalMart a little more after seeing more sales show up in my reports. Their program has gotten better over the years. Around the holidays, i've found people will pay a little shipping just so they don't have to stand in those neverending lines. Mike is right when he says "you'll never see a brand name brick-n-mortar AM come here and post."

Why would they? The sales big brick and mortars get from affiliates is just a drop. 2% of all retail sales are via online sales and out of that 2% probably just a trickle from affiliates. Still get sales from them tho.

ABW Ambassador
    No problems whatsoever with getting payment from Target.

I've received a check for them for each month year to date.. so they do pay and will convert with the right traffic

Hello everyone,

I wanted to take a moment to introduce myself and respond to this thread. My name is John Hobson and I am the Online Advertising Manger at Target.com. Normally Joseph Adolph our Affiliate Manager would respond, but he is out of the office this week.

I appreciate the comments regarding Target and wanted to address how Target.com compliments our physical stores. Target.com has the same value proposition and brand promise as our physical locations, but we vary greatly in our product selection. Target.com is able to carry a wide variety of items that are not available in store and vice versa. Our crossover is limited, but our value pricing is the same – Expect More, Pay Less. We continue to expand our product selection online and will continue to promote this expanded assortment in our advertising. Hopefully you are able find products in our assortment that fit with your customers.

Also, I wanted to make everyone aware of our Holiday Promotion. We are offering 10% commissions through December 31, 2004. So if you haven’t opted in to the offer, make sure to sign up today. We are trying to bring some extra holiday cheer to our affiliates this year!

If you have any questions feel free to email Joseph or me.

Thanks,

John
    john.hobson@target.com
    or
    affiliates@target.com

welcome to abestweb, John; I wish more of the larger stores would communicate with us here.

ABW Ambassador
    I use Target to take care of some product searches that fall through the cracks. This month I have sent 1200 visitors resuling in 18 sales and $91 commish. They are converting at 1 in 65 for me - far better than my 1 in 100 cutoff. Hope this helps...

I just sold another item on Target. Its the same one I sold previously. A spanish/english electronic dictionary.

Sorry for the delay every body, I was updating my site and could'nt log to the forum, I remember when target had other merchants in store, I think it was coldwater creek and another one, I personaly thought it was useless to join the same merchants that target was advertising on their site. Any way, Thank you for your replys.

22. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread