Does anyone know of other stores that are using pop up live help offering free gifts to BLOCK affiliate sales? I would like to know so I can make sure I remove them all. For those who have not seen the other threads, both sites have windows that crawl across the screen a few moments after you arrive offering a free gift if you click, which leads to a pop up window, where the live person takes your payment info in the window and you never use the cart, and the pop up person gets your commission. I am not sure about everyone else, but I think I can live without that, especially with the holiday season coming. I have written both limoges and improvements.. improvements said they would remove it but they haven't.

ABW Ambassador
    Well I can't say in present tense but Palm Beach was doing it shortly after they migrated to Linkshare.

My usual routine in ditching a merchant is to simply quit actively promoting them, and just remove their links as I go along, whenever I happen to be updating pages where their links may have been present. On this one I went the extra mile though; I don't like the taste of weasel water. In 3+ years, only two merchants have ticked me off to that degree.

As a member of the affiliate team with Limoges Jewelry, I'd like to take this opportunity to let you know it is NOT our intentions to detract from our affiliates' commissions. We only recently realized the affects of this service and since then are working with our provider to rectify the situation. In fact, we are currently working on a program which will not allow the chat service to come up if a visitor is coming from an affiliates site.

Our affiliate program and its participating affiliates are very important to Limoges Jewelry. We would never intentionally do something to jeopardize such relationships.

That said, we're working on this situation and your concern has certainly been addressed. I expect this matter to be resolved asap and will definitely keep you all posted.

Lastly, it's also helpful to know that all sales where a customer chats with a chat rep and still goes ahead to purchase on their own using the shopping cart...still get tracked via LinkShare and affiliates DO receive commissions. In fact, this service has helped convert these visitors into shoppers leading to higher sales AND commissions for our affiliates.

Thanks,
    Nazish Faruqi
    Limoges Jewelry
    affiliates@limogesjewelry.com

As a member of the Limoges Jewelry's Affiliate Team, I'd like to take a moment to address your concerns. It is NOT our intentions to detract from our affiliates' commissions. We only recently became aware of this service's affects upon affiliate commissions and since then have been working to rectify this matter with our provider. In fact, we are currently working on a program which will not allow the chat service to come up if a visitor is coming from an affiliates site.

Our Affiliate Program and its affiliates are very important to Limoges Jewelry. We realize what a driving forces our affiliates sites can be, therefore we would NOT intentionally participate in something that would jeopardize such relationships.

That said, we're working on this situation and your concerns have certainly been addressed. I expect this matter to be resolved asap and will definitely keep you all posted.

Lastly, it's also helpful to know that all sales where a customer chats with a chat rep and still goes ahead to purchase on their own using the shopping cart...still get tracked via LinkShare and affiliates DO receive commissions. In fact, this service has helped convert these visitors into shoppers leading to higher sales AND commissions for our affiliates.

Thanks for your fast response!! It is much appreciated!!! Unfortunately my customers can't pass up that freebie the pop up is offering!! Please do fix this asap, I love Limoges and so do my customers!

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> In fact, we are currently working on a program which will not allow the chat service to come up if a visitor is coming from an affiliates site. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

So, have you considered how it works with the ReturnDays and cookies? Affiliates should get credit for 30 days acording to the Limoges terms. If you are popping a chat window on the return visit then you going to basicly overwrite the affiliate cookie.

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread