Hi I do not know how many figures can you guys earn from your LS affiliate programs. I am now selling more than 18 merchants products and only 10 of them generate sales. This's not the main problem, the main problem is the common commission rates of LS merchants are too low. For example, I sold a $179 product today but I can only get $12 from cooking.com. For a $249 product of Sierra Trading Post, I can only get $12.5 (but STP is one of my best selling merchant btw). A $29.95 pproduct, I get $1.50 only. In another affiliate network (clickbank), I can earn more than $100 by just selling 5 * $30 products. It's too hard to earn more than $1000 per month at LS...Any suggestion?

move to a different network....
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    that's my2cents, 'cuz I'm a legend in my own mind....

ABW Ambassador
    The commissions you report seem average to me, not low.

As to more than $100 commission on $150 in sales, come on now. What kind of product is that?

Agreed, I think the commissions are just right. BTW, where is this fabled $100 commission on a $150 product?

Those are solid commission percentages. One of my favorite LS merchants start at a 1% commission rate, with a 1 day cookie. To just look at that commission rate and cookie term is a bit shortsighted. You want to maximize your total revenue given your total resources (web real estate + time & effort).

http and a telephoto
    You know the program terms and agree to them when you sign up to promote a program. If they change the terms you can gripe, otherwise, promote them or don't, it's your choice. Negotiate with the merchant if you think you deserve more. The network certainly doesn't set the commission rates.

Many kinds of digital products offer 50% and up to 100% payouts but you generally have to go to other networks or check out indie programs to find them. Personals, software, ebooks, informational products, ringtones (sometimes)and related things. ClickBank is all digital stuff so the payouts there can be 10X what most merchants payout.

Cheer up. Remember when amazon.com didn't pay fees to us from sales of third party merchandise.

Not that that lasted very long.

Ok now I know the commissions of LS are normal. But I still feel disappointed. Today I sold a $137.00 product from Fujitsu and I earned only $2.74. In another network (not CB), I just sold a $30 product and earned $12. I don't think I should ignore LS because it is one of the most popular networks. My object is earning 4 figures per month at LS, which can be realized at CB easyly and can be realized at one of my favorite network within few days. What is your strategy to promote LS products? What am I doing wrong?

ClickBank pays you 50% commisions etc. Linkshare merchants only pay 4 to 20% do the math.

But why LS is one of the top 3 affiliate networks while CB isn't? I want to know the average earning of LS affiliates and how many percent of affiliates can earn 4 figures per month and how many percent can earn 5 figures per month.

ABW Ambassador
    Personally, I think the commission structure is backwards. They are too low for a company with organic traffic to survive...however people who get the coveted top spots in the search engines can do well. The commission rates you cite are reasonable for SEO affiliates.

If you have a top spot in a search engine, your view of the trade off between lower price to cinch the sale and a higher commission for profit is different than if you are sending organic traffic.

The ones that get me are programs like Thrifty that pay a 94 cent commission on a 94 dollar purchase. The only way for the truly low commission merchants to even have a place in the system is with consolidated payments.

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread