Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    15 years and counting
    Your reporting is broken. Still no ON TIME reports. It's Friday and it has been going on for ONE full week, now!

Do you need our real names to give us an answer?

HOW LONG are we going to wait? I'm fed up of your "I'm going to ask my technical team" Are you really worth the 30% you are taking from our hard work and for all the stolen commissions.

We don't pay you for doing press releases about your parasites friends, stupid Awards and 'Holiday dash for cash' but for traking our sales and providing stats. DO YOU Understand you are not doing it?

I'm still not seing a word of excuse on your frontpage. Without ABW, your affiliates are in the dark.

Mr. Messer, are you still in charge?

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    At least you got a reply.

There was no response to an inquiry as to why my near 2000 click-thrus in the last 3 months have resulted in ZERO sales (including a recent test purchase!). My LinkShare links are coming down!
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

I made a test purchase with my site (28/10). This sale was never reported. LS, is it normal ?

15 years and counting
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> CheeseHead - My near 2000 click-thrus in the last 3 months have resulted in ZERO sales <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    That's awful, my average earning at LinkShare for 2000 click-thrus is $200.00. That's not great but it's still worth my time, my average with indies is twice, $400.00, much more for some, $308.00 with CJ, I'm going up to $2312.00 for one merchant at Shareasale. That's not on the last few sales, that's my average on my last 1 million click-thrus at LS.

8888mi, Sales from 28/10 are not showing yet and don't forget, at LS, sales are reported after shipment by the merchant.

ABW Ambassador
    Are the reports up to date yet? Pretty slow week, kind of scary.

15 years and counting
    No, they are not updated, still a lot of discrepancies for 10/26/2004 and 10/27/2004.
    No sales reported for 10/28/2004 but impressions and Click-Throughs are.

Something worse, their automatic reporting doesn't work anymore, they are uploading things manually. IT MEANS, we're not going to see anything this week-end.
    I've to call my merchants to know where I stand. It's not going to last for ever.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Zeus:
    my average earning at LinkShare for 2000 click-thrus is $200.00. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's $10EPC - I would settle for that any day! Actually, even $50 would be barely accceptable ($2.50EPC). I used to get at least some sales, but all of a sudden they stopped this summer. Linkshare doesn't want to look into it so I will go elsewhere.
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Mr. Messer, are you still in charge? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Maybe, they all got together and told him his services are no longer needed. Could they be interviewing for his replacement who will get it going once they clean out desk space for him/her?
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

15 years and counting
    I don't know the merchants you are promoting but I learned a long time ago to avoid all merchants listed on Mr. Messer favorite websites, ie all BHO's for sure but also award finalists and most coupon sites.

LinkShare's Stephen Messer Cited as One of the Top 10 Business Leaders in New York

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/041022/nyf027_1.html

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Hawaii5:
    LinkShare's Stephen Messer Cited as One of the Top 10 Business Leaders in New York <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Dont worry, when they find out about all the fraud in the Linkshare network, they'll be sure to revoke the award and give it to someone else.

15 years and counting
    Messer said, "I accept this award on behalf of the dedicated, hard-working team at LinkShare, who continue to innovate and improve the online commerce experience for our merchant partners, affiliates and consumers.

Messer, just come here to hear us about our online commerce experience with LinkShare. Don't you want to listen first hand to your affiliates?
    Just look who wrote this PR release: Source: LinkShare Corporation, Friday October 22, 8:03 am ET

You can't spend your time bullshitting the media like he's doing and run a company.

How can a business continue to run like this? I just found LinkShare earlier this month... Surely this is not an indication of how the normally run business is it?

I still have ZIP, ZERO, ZILCH for impressions, clicks and sales for 10/26!!!!!!! When is this finally going to be fixed?

15 years and counting
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Joey - Dont worry, when they find out about all the fraud in the Linkshare network, they'll be sure to revoke the award and give it to someone else. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not everybody read ABW everyday but we can recruit a few new members and help them to avoid their colleagues "distinguished media impresarios" to laugh at them.
    How to Nominate a Business Leader

Like I said in another thread, I think we need to contact every new merchant that signs up with Linkshare and direct them to all these posts. After spending the big bucks to join LS and pay the monthly fees you know they can't up and leave, BUT, it will but them on the defensive and if they are aware of all the internal problems with LS they might be more apt to ride LS hard. Sadly, most of the long term merchants at LS have become complacent or left. We need these new merchants aware of what is going on so they can put the heat on LS to get their act together. Anyone agree with this approach?

Oh, I've finally had one sale show up for Oct. 26th. No click through or impressions yet, so something is really broken on the back end.

You know, I would not be this frustrated if LS was being upfront about what is going on and keeping us better informed. Thankfully CJ has learned that and is doing 120% better than LS is.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

CORRECTION on my earlier figure:

Since May 27, 2 commissions for a total of $3.59 and 1,914 CLICK-THRUS.

NO commissions or sales since August 6 and 1,210 CLICK-THRUS.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Oh, I've finally had one sale show up for Oct. 26th. No click through or impressions yet, so something is really broken on the back end. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

October 26th is all zeros for me too.

I've had 10,530 imp but only 211 click throughs in the month since I've been there.

I don't know if that's normal or what, but it seems strange not to have generated a sale.
    Never argue with an idiot.
    The person watching, may not be able to tell the difference!

:female: :star: :envelope: [url="http://www.bridalbasics.ca/"]:weddingca[/url]

ABW Ambassador
    I've seen a lot of companies in my day (all over the world) both on and off the Internet.
    Without a doubt, LinkShare is one of the worst managed companies I have ever seen. Customer Service is non-existent, they have no idea who their customers are, and through their inaction on the parasite issue they willingly allow theft.

Hello all - new member here, I've been following the forums for a while (they're incredibly helpful!) and finally just had to post about this reporting fiasco. I'm wondering if anyone's tried calling Linkshare about this, and if so, what kind of response you got...and does anyone have a phone # for them so I can give them a ring myself? (It would sure be nice if they posted here, but I'm getting tired of waiting around for it.)

Hopefully they'll get this sorted out soon. I know it's almost Halloween, but this is a little too scary for my tastes.

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    You guys might want to think about swapping out links before the holiday season gets into full swing.

I have a feeling LS is collapsing in on itself.

15 years and counting
    Antonov, first welcome at ABW

To experience their Customer Support service

LinkShare Corporation
    215 Park Ave. South, 8th Floor
    New York, NY 10003

e-mail: contact@linkshare.com
    Telephone: 646 654 6000

I don't want to be negative, may be they don't like me, I wonder why, but their most common answer is, I've to check with my supervisor.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I have a feeling LS is collapsing in on itself <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Rhea: As much as many of us like to complain, I don't that's really the case. Look at their roster of merchants, then consider their basic rate card. Don't know how they justify it, but they certainly demand a pretty penny, and are apparently getting it.

The roaring silence coming from Stinksnare tells you how valuable the "average" affiliate is to them. They don't need us small-timers (meaning phillyBurbs; can't speak for anyone else, of course) to make a mint.

As for Mr. MynetworkisaMess(er), don't expect to hear from him anytime soon. And if you do, don't expect any apology, reasonable explanation or believable promise to improve our situation.

Does that sound as bitter as it looks?

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    Karl, I should have been more specific. I think their infrastructure is what's collapsing. It never seemed to me that the company was very well organized or had good internal communications or a healthy hierarchy with well-defined roles and relationships. My sense has been lately that those problems have grown significantly worse. The usual game of "pass the buck" doesn't even seem to work anymore.

I expect nothing from LS. I'm almost all the way out the door. Just two toes left to go!

Yeah, I only have two toes there too, but one is the big toe and it's kind of stuck in the door.

My hope is the merchants for these two move somewhere else and I just tag along with them.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast