Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    Is it just me, or is this no direct deposit at Linkshare thing getting to be pretty rediculous?

Numerous linkshare checks got mailed to the wrong people (when envelopes stuck together). The envelopes aren't sealed.

I found at least 3 linkshare checks that didn't get to me (took me hours comparing my receipts to the linkshare payment report).

I know its tough to complain about getting checks, but, really, when is linkshare going to get off their butts and do something about this?

Offer direct deposit already. Anybody with me?

Mike Jacobs

--------------------------------------
    WebMogul - Online Marketing that Works
    www.webmogul.com

Just found this on an older thread, BTW...

This was posted by Stephen Messer on April 15, 2002 at 01:43 PM.

quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi everyone,

Consolidated payments is a major project here at LinkShare. Over the past few months we have listened to what it is you have been asking for and have put a lot of effort towards getting you new tools and technologies to make your life easier. We hope to be able to launch this new payment system soon, but at the same time I want to make sure it addresses all your concerns. Hope when it launches you will all be happy.

Stephen

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Didn't Steve say they were doing this TWO YEARS AGO???!??

Mike Jacobs

www.webmogul.com

http://abw.infopop.cc/6/ubb.x?a=tpc&...9&m=7356028065

Mike Jacobs

www.webmogul.com

I couldn't agree more.

Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

And I thought they already had consolidated payments... Geeze with so many merchants approving the TopMoxie crowd, I would venture to say they have consolidated the "commissions" into fewer checks.

I look for the day, when every affiliate from every nation can climb to the mountain top and yell,
    'Free again, Free Again."

Today is a national day of parasite free shopping.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Yeah, get with it LS!

Even little ha-ha indy merchants have electronic payment (usually PayPal). That a "big network" can't beat that is just pathetic.

~Cheapskate merchants need not apply

So much for trying to be an "industry leader".

This is something that affiliates have been yelling for for YEARS. And linkshare is the LAST to do it? What's with that?

Seriously, I'm actually moving certain traffic to other programs simply because they offer direct deposit. One linkshare program lost 6 digits in revenue this month because of linkshare's slowness on this issue.

Seriously, what we need to do is make it clear to the merchants that we will support those that offer better payment options. If they know that going with linkshare and the inferior payment system (and some incidents of misdirected checks) will lose them affiliates, perhaps they'll put the pressure on.

I'm about to tell the 6 figure losing merchant that... maybe they'll make it clear.

Anybody with me?

Mike Jacobs

www.webmogul.com

I'm still waiting for my December Linkshare payment. Checked my mail box today and it is empty.

This is motivating me to send my traffic elsewhere.

Steve

"Bueller...? Bueller...?"

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    I got 2 Linkshare checks today Pfaezer Bros and Sierra Trading. They were mailed on the 3rd & 4th. I'm still waiting on my Overstock Check which reports show was mailed on the 26th of jan. Mailroom Gerbel must have eaten that one and customer service says they can't even check their bank records or start a stop payment re-issue for 6 more weeks...

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>This is motivating me to send my traffic elsewhere.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, let's start doin' it. I've already moved some.

The key is to MAKE SURE LINKSHARE KNOWS.

Tell linkshare, and tell the merchant you're pulling traffic from.

Mike Jacobs

www.webmogul.com

I'm still waiting on 3 LinkShare checks. 2 show in Merchant Reports as LinkShare receiving 1-30-04. Go to Merchant Payment Report and LinkShare still shows "Awaiting Merchant Payment."

Looks like a pretty clear case of LinkShare sitting on our hard earned $ to earn extra interest.

I've emailed customer service 3x over the past 4 days---never a reply.

2 years of waiting on consolidated payments and direct deposit. Consolidated payments is a tough one for LS, changes the model a lot of their merchants favor, but direct deposit is so elementary and straight forward that LinkShare clearly can't be considered the leader when they've dragged their feet for 2 1/2 years on the 'we're working on it' line.

At least a few $k in checks never made it to me. Not sure if that was in the "check stick incident", but, either way, it makes a pretty strong case for Linkshare doing SOMETHING.

Mike Jacobs

www.webmogul.com

ABW Ambassador
    The check stick issue is bound to happen once in a while, however it is apparent that quite a large number of affiliates on this board alone are experiencing it...which leads me to believe that it is much more widespread than what would be acceptable.

Further, I agree, direct depost has been on the table for over 2+ years so so far I keep hoping that at one of the summits it is going to be announced...We now have direct deposit. But no.

I do think that linkshare could save themselves a huge some of money by implementing direct deposit. It would also save many affiliates money and time on the other end of things. There would be no check sticking, less (if none at all) re-issuing lost checks, less manual labor in processing and stuff, no postage, no runs to the post office, and reduced paper costs.

I just read an article about going to ACH over paper checks and it can save around 25% and up to $7 per check...Linkshare, why wouldn't you do this?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Survey Man:
    The check stick issue is bound to happen once in a while, <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Really, I haven't seen or heard it happen with anyone else.

Perhaps its because Linkshare DOESN'T SEAL THEIR ENVELOPES?

Its kind of a joke that Linkshare, which will be the last to offer anything other than checks, is probably the worst check-cutter in the business.

Maybe they're smarter than we think... who gets the $ is you don't cash the check? (i don't think its the merchant... those checks are from linkshare's account)

Mike Jacobs

www.webmogul.com

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mikeyjake:
    Really, I haven't seen or heard it happen with anyone else.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>I've had it happen three times (where I received my check plus someone else's stuck below mine). It's not just Linkshare. I think just one of the three times that it happened with me was Linkshare.

Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

I never received my December Overstock payment over 300.00 mailed on 01/26/2004. Anyone here get that one?? I got stonewalled at Linksahre phone support saying they can't even begin a STOP PAYMENT re-issue procedure till after 6 more weeks. Dumb gal didn't even know what the procedure steps were ..just told me to call back in 6 more weeks.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

Well, I can promise that I've never gotten someone else's Direct Deposit stuck to mine. ;-)

Mike Jacobs

www.webmogul.com

ABW Ambassador
    I have had other affiliates check stuck to ours about 2-3 times in 4 months, all were Linkshare. In fact, personally we have never had a check stick from any other partner...ever.

Although it is not just linkshare, Linkshare is by far the worst and most reported by affiliates across the board, undeniably.

ABW Ambassador
    ROFL, one of my points exactly

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mikeyjake:
    Well, I can promise that I've never gotten someone else's Direct Deposit stuck to mine. ;-)

Mike Jacobs

http://www.webmogul.com
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Although it is not just linkshare, Linkshare is by far the worst and most reported by affiliates across the board, undeniably.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have ONLY had such problems with Linkshare checks.

The sad part is that Linkshare is the one who profits from these "mistakes". Is this their disincentive to fix this?

Mike Jacobs

www.webmogul.com

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    I'm gonna post 2 - they're both related - but differnt!

In July (months ago), I got someone else's commission checks (and assume someone else got ours)

Tried every means to contact LS - no response.
    Had the affectd merchants (Big name powerful companies) contact LS - no response.

Finally wrote the BBB. Yesterday (7 months later!) finally got a response:

1. Checks will be reissued
    2. Linkshare's responsibility ENDS at mailing the checks. Whether or not they are received (or sent to the wrong affilliate???)

Geez!

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    and my 2nd story...

Had a bunch of checks from my biggest merchant keep getting lost.

Linkshare denies theres a problem.

This merchant tells me he has other affiliates with the same problem and he just mails them their checks himself.

1. I'll actually receive the check and
    2. It would get there about 3 weeks sooner than regular LS checks.

I say great! A solution has been found!

Linkshare actually mailed him and said that would be the wrong thing to do!!

Linkshare can't seem to get me my checks. A merchant offers an obvious solution. And they say don't do it??

Anyway, I've been getting my checks from this merchant for over a year direct from them without ever a problem or delay.

Now, when a merchant approaches me and asks to be added to our website, I immediately ask that ONLY if you guarantee you'll send the checks if I run into problems with LS.

Yeah, I've approached several of my Linkshare merchants about sending me checks directly. Some are concerned that their contract with Linkshare prohibits that.

Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

Well whoever got my $319.00 Overstock check and was unwilling to look at the check, see the address and mail it to me sure, isn't my buddy. If they stamped or signed it and deposited the check in their account here comes some law problems for the cost of a postage stamp.

I finally got to someone at LS who realized I wasn't buying their wait six more weeks before taking any action crap. Reminded them of banking laws permitting the payee to demand immediate stop payment for cause. Within 1 day the bank has to honor the stop payment request and the responsibility for re-issuing the check falls back on Linkshare.

Mike & Charlie ...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MichaelColey:
    Yeah, I've approached several of my Linkshare merchants about sending me checks directly. Some are concerned that their contract with Linkshare prohibits that.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, Linkshare also prohibits taking affiliates outside the network. but merchants are doing that too.

Linkshare can try and punish the folks that end-run, or they can make their system work in teh first place.

Mike Jacobs

www.webmogul.com

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast