Is it usual for Dell to be this far behind in paying Linkshare?
    According to linkshare they are still waiting on the June 2004 check!!
    I only started promoting them in June and since then have clocked up four figures in sales and am starting to think I won't see my commission.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Dell lied to you Hamish. They have never ever paid on time even when they started with quarterly payouts. They are the Diversion King of all affiliate programs so your to be congratulates for getting past their minimums as 95% of Dell affiliates in 65 years never stick around thta long.

They say they pay monthly and cut checks every 120 days at best.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

ABW Ambassador
    Damn, Dell has been around for 65 years

Hamish, you'll see your money eventually. Not the most timely merchant but they do pay.

Change that to 5 or 6 years as I refuse to go research when they came out with their 3 sizes of banners at LS all saying JUST Dell.com ...truthfully! Pure-D free traffic branding with 100.00 minimum and quarterly payouts and Zero cookie days.

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

ABW Ambassador
    Mike, the difference between Dell and you is they actually pay money owed.

And i see you've posted more lies against merchants again. They have lots more than 3 size banners. They even have coupon creative that updates on its own since i know you don't like to update stuff. Overstock does to, try it out sometime and hopefully you can get some sales and pay off your debts.

100.00 minimum - nope $25
    quarterly payouts - nope monthly
    Zero cookie days - nope 1 day

So you don't have to look above Trustno1....

I said "Change that to 5 or 6 years as I refuse to go research when they came out with their 3 sizes of banners at LS all saying JUST Dell.com ..."

I was one of their very first affiliates and at THAT TIME (for the brain dead) they only had 3 sizes of banners all saying just Dell.com. Nothing more or less ...small,medium and large. Oh they did have one "click here for Dell.com" text link. Real vintage 1998 crap.

I love how you cannot bid on "Dell" until you have consistently reached $200,000 in sales each month. Oh and I like how they let you accumulate $20,000+ in sales and then tell you... I have just about dropped Dell as I see no possible way to reach $200,000 a month for 3 or 4 months without using keyword Dell. Any ideas?

Thanks for the replys everyone!

My payments come on time every month for the past 5 months.

"My payments come on time every month for the past 5 months."

We were talking about Dell.com payments

We will see how long it takes to receive my October payments.

Are you seriously that bitter at Dell EcomCity?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by djohnson:
    I love how you cannot bid on "Dell" until you have consistently reached $200,000 in sales each month. Oh and I like how they let you accumulate $20,000+ in sales and then tell you... I have just about dropped Dell as I see no possible way to reach $200,000 a month for 3 or 4 months without using keyword Dell. Any ideas? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It depends on what kind of site you're building. Using their name as a keyword isn't always necessary to generate big numbers with them.

You have to remember that they're working with some truly huge affiliates. How big? There are affiliates that do over $2 million in sales in a single day for them, and still not be one of their top partners.

Selling their products is easy, as is earning large commissions, but doing some sales and expecting them to bend over backwards for you is not going to happen. There are definite pluses and minuses to working with these kind of programs. You have to decide what is important to you and the site you plan on building. Is it lots of money, or is it on time payment? Is it hand holding & colorful banners, or high sales numbers? Pick your priorities, and find matching programs.

ABW Ambassador
    June Payment, received 9/25. Payment sent 10/5/04
    July Payment, received 11/2. Payment sent 11/4/04

and yes, they are generally that far behind, but they do pay.

NOVEMBER payments still haven't been made to Linkshare?

Dell is notoriously and consistently late, but this is ridiculous.

What's up, Dell?

LOL...at all my detractors drinking the Cool Aid. You are correct Mickeyjake.

You gotta love Dell's keyword policy:

"Absolutely no way can anybody bid on 'Dell', but 'Dell computer' is OK. Please tell us if you see other affs bidding on 'Dell' and we'll boot them - no questions asked."

When you do:
    "Thanks for telling us about this. Dell does allow some affiliates to bid on 'Dell' because of the volume of sales they drive. But do please tell us if you see other affiliates doing this becuase Dell really will boot them. Oh, and don't you dare do it yourself, small-fry."

Oh, and don't even think about using a Dell domain as display URL on Adwords .... well, unless you're one of the select few who can drive huge sales volumes"

Eh? If I could bid on 'Dell' and send traffic direct to a dell domain then maybe I could drive huge volumes too!

So let's see if I have this straight: you're saying that if I can whup the competition with my hands tied, all the while hopping on one leg, then I can play on your level playing field?

OK, I get it - of course that's not a barrier to entry or anything like that.
    Damn, sometimes I'm dumb!

Still haven't gotten *March* Dell payments.

I didn't realize this was old hat.

They're always my last merchant to pay.

19. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread