<LI> I see this symbol beside a few merchants. Does this mean we've been dropped or what?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Charles French:
    + I see this symbol beside a few merchants. Does this mean we've been dropped or what? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It posted as a quote. Anyway the symbol is * with quote around it for lack of better description.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Those are the LS merchnats who have either gone bankrupt -discontinued their programs or you or they have terminated the relationship. Basically "*" means you'll never see a penny from any of them.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

ABW Ambassador
    All affiliate relations come to an end.

You need to have an exit strategy for each affiliate relation when the links start going to that big IP address in the sky.

BTW: The star is called the Business Darwin Award.

I wish the merchants that drop you, but stay active would have a symbol before them in the program controls. That way I don't have to look at their "terms" when looking to see if any of my merchants have updated offers.<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Note: Your relationship with this merchant is no longer valid. This merchant may have removed your account from their program, or no longer have an active program in the LinkShare Network. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Scott
    If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, then baffle them with bulls#!t
    Don't tell me that you'll do it... SHOW ME.
    Just because everyone else is drinking it is no reason for me to drink the KOOL-AID.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Treat it as a good omen. Take down their links and keep the presell spin and content on those indexed pages. Then put up some Adwords displays. Heck I removed all Office Products retailers and Hobby & RC kit suppliers and still get a ton on traffic to those pages. I'm sure I'd make more with Adwords clicks then those parasite infested losers could rean me.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread