This has been going on for a long time. For some merchants, such as Wal-Mart, when you search for any product typically it will just time out or you have to wait 15 minutes per product! Some merchants have the make your own links option which I use because it's faster! But, Wal-Mart does not have this option. Linkshare, how abou Product Creation Showcase, or fix this problem. I can't belive the merchants let you get away with this. Making it difficult to get links is not smart. Time is money!!!!!!!!

Tami

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Merchants with huge corrputed and OOS product databases like WalMart and Overstock are useless for making individual product creatives. OS said the LS sustem contains over 2 million obsolete items slowing it to a crawl. Both merchants would better server domain affiliates by purchasing the Product Showcase Creator (PSC from Akiva) and tie it into a streamlined database for making nifty mini-showcases.

Overstock has employees running their program and Walmart uses hired guns perplexed by computer technology. Easier for Walmart to either shut off the cart after December and just throw coupons at the BHO and SE cookie setting spammers.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

ABW Ambassador
    I believe you can use one Walmart product link and insert a different sku yourself. At least that is what I started doing - haven't had many sales since then so i don't know if they track.

Linkshare is a joke. It takes about 5 minutes for the homepage to come up. That is after it asks me to create a question in case I forget my password (I've remembered it on my own for 5 years already).

Product links take a minimum of 15 minutes.

Affiliate marketing is all about cookie stuffing, copupons, datafeeds, and parasites nowadays. They don't need product links - it is considered old fashioned even though they convert better than other link types.

Maybe they could have found a legit Titanium Award winner if they supported the legit affiliates a little better.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jimbo2002:
    I believe you can use one Walmart product link and insert a different sku yourself. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

i've been doing that for many months because of how slow linkshare is. it works great especially with new products that are not in the linkshare system yet. and yes, you do get the sales

nick
    <font size="2">Get Your <a href="http://www.psp4.us" target="_blank">Sony PSP</a> Now!</font>

Jimbo & Nick,

Thanks for the useful info!

Tami

Thanks!!!

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread