Wow - I just found out Domestications denied all of my October commissions, because I posted an "unapproved" coupon on my site. They emailed me about it and I removed it right away.

Seems pretty harsh to deny $200+ in commissions! I heard they were really making it difficult for affiliates, but I had no idea they could do that.

http and a telephoto
    Where did you get the coupon? It is nice to hear about someone breaking the rules and getting a just punishment for doing so. Sorry, you get kudos for removing the coupon, but you did bad by putting it on your site in the first place. You broke the TOS and they have the right to deny commissions because of that.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

One of our customers sent in the coupon and it was erroneaously posted - maybe for a day tops.

Why not just deny commissions for that day? or on any sales which used that coupon for a discount?

I'm sure there are many ways to fairly adjust my commissions w/o an "all or nothing" strategy.

It was an oversight. I work extremely hard to earn these commissions and it seems the merchants have ALL of the leverage.

Sorry you lost that money, but you should know their rules and that is why you don't copy any coupons or offers that you see or given to you that is not from the merchant or network!

You follow the rules you will get rewarded, brake them and you lose, that is a sad thing and I am sorry to hear that you lose that commission.

Like they always say "Crimes does Pay" and it pays big!

Learn from it and don't do it again.

What COC stand for? Crooks Overwriting Commission
    Don't worry tracking is Infected

Live life to the fullest, You only get 1 chance. Enjoy it while you can... Nothing last forever!

The lessons hardest learned leave the longest impressions.

Or something like that ...

I know scrappy made a mistake but how easy it is for merchants to do that. One mistake and all the commish lost. On the other hand honest affiliates cant do anything when sales not tracked, commissions are not paid, merchants supporting parasites/cookie stuffers. Max we can do is drop the merchant. Come to ABW and whine a little and thats it.
    <DT>[size=1][color=navy]"The best measure of a man's honesty isn't his income tax return.[/color][/size]<DT>[size=1][color=navy]It's the zero adjust on his bathroom scale." Arthur C. Clark[/color][/size]</DT>

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread