If anyone is using the Merchant data feed offered through LS would you give some input as to how well it helped, if any your conversions.

I also heard there is a one time setup fee of $250.00.. is that correct…??

It seems to me that is far to much, and I base my comment on the fact we are working the same direction. We as the publishers are offering our traffic, and our expense in programming the user interface.

LS is already charging the Merchants and receiving a percentage of the profits generated from sales on our site(s). Sounds like a double dip, maybe a triple dip.

Input is appreciated… if I sound like a grouchy old man it is because I have been around this business to long. I don’t mind being used but I would like a kiss and a call the next day.

Kind Regards

I've had some bad times with the almighty G recently, but prior to that I've done well with the Merchandizer feeds

I recommend finding a merchant that will pay the fee for you

Animal Lover
    Some merchants at LS will give you the feed for free - you need to look around and ask nicely.

Mondera is one and most of the sites offered by AMWSO.

Oscar
    My DataFeed Scripts - php datafeed scripts for your site
    Shareasale datafeed scripts - to display Shareasale datafeeds
    Linkshare datafeed scripts - for multiple Linkshare merchants

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    Hi DirtyDawg

It's $250 to get access to ALL Merchant feeds, one time accees to everything for ever.

Drop me a mail/PM regarding that little tid bit Super vet Oscar posted.

Cheers

Chris
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

Chris,

Thanks I need all the help I can get in this area. It appears to have good potential compared to just sending traffic to a landing page.

We have our own search engine that could be modified to give both keyword results (websites), and a "are you looking for area" that would be good for the datafeed from the Merchants.

Then we have a couple of other areas like "gift shop" and "special offers" that are linked through a network of sites.

We have considered the "special offers" area for Merchants that use DRM and give them a catagory for their updates.. mostly special promotions, and clearance items.. this has been moving slowly. Only a few Merchants use DRM like Hickory Farms, Bare Necessities, and a few others.

I sent out a email to Merchants that we have a relationship with and so far had a couple of positive responses in reference to datafeeds..

This is a good forum, and I really appreciate the input from the Merchants and other Publishers willing to share their experience.. I need all the help I can get.

I would like take you up on your offer and contact you direct, but I don't know how to find your email address on this forum yet.. the cruse of being a Newbie.. LOL

Kind Regards

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> don't know how to <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

not necessary to do email; click on a name of a person who made a post and see the options that appear, including add to internal PM buddy list, invite to private whatever, etc . . .

Thanks I am starting to learn a little about how to use the functions of the forum.

It does take me a little longer.. I am a heck of a lot dumber than I look. The past few days I have learned how much I am behind, and I really need to get caught up.

The ability to take data feeds from the Merchants appear to be the way to go, and now I am learning what it takes in the way of programming.

I am hopeful a few that are using the method of database feeds will offer up their experience as to conversions vs the old traditional links. I have never been happy with sending traffic away from my site(s), and not getting paid… or when I get paid it has been very small.

I look forward to additional forum input, and how is a publisher suppose to learn how to use the feeds through LS.. do we go to the Merchant or contact LS..??

Thanks Again

ABW Ambassador
    If you have trouble downloading the feeds, try my script here.

http://abw.infopop.cc/eve/ubb.x?a=tp...1&m=2321088501

The component has a 30 day trial so you can see if you like it. (i am not affiliated in any way with the component, i just has a copy laying around when i wrote the script)

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread