Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Everyone should check their Non-Commissionable Sales Report.

I have "non-commissionable" sales showing up because they "exceeded 4 return days" The problem is, these Merchants have either 30 or 45 Return Days!

Looks like this Additional problem with L/S reporting started in October!

On another Note -- Most of my L/S Merchants are Still showing "Awaiting for Payment" for October Commissions -- Most of my Merchants pay their commissions by this time. Anyone else seeing this with their L/S merchants.

Things are just get worse and worse!

ABW Ambassador
    It is "(4) Return Days Exceeded". Reason code is 4. 4 has nothing to do with "days".

ABW Ambassador
    The fact that thses sales are tracked by LS at all, regardless of cookie duration, leaves little question as to who referred the customer to the merchant.

I challenged Sierra Trading Post to come clean on this matter and and all we got was BULLSHIT double-talk.

"Trusted Merchant"? Give us a break.

I always wonder about this too!

If the cookie is expired then the sales shouldn't even record.

I don't see the use of that function except telling the affiliate they don't get NADA for their effort!

What COC stand for? Crooks Overwriting Commission
    Don't worry tracking is Infected

Live life to the fullest, You only get 1 chance. Enjoy it while you can... Nothing last forever!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> It is "(4) Return Days Exceeded". Reason code is 4. 4 has nothing to do with "days". <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Duh!

ABW Ambassador
    I'll speculate that the merchant doesn't know if the cookie has expired or not and that linkshare resolves this in their reporting of data submitted to them.

It's good info to know from an affiliate standpoint but I feel certain that if merchants had their say-so, they would rather these sales not show at all - Ask Andy at STP he he likes addressing posts like the one above . Other networks could provide this info as well - they don't why?

ABW Ambassador
    Linkshare did a great job on the noncommissionable sales report.

First, there is enough problems with timezones and misconfigured computers that Linkshare would have been remiss if they set the cookie expiration date to the commission expiration date.

Using long duration cookies means that merchants can change their policies retroactively. Long duration cookies provide more information on research and buying habits.

I commend Linkshare for including this report...even despite the fact that it leads to little more than angry yapping and complaints.

ABW Ambassador
    "even despite the fact that it leads to little more than angry yapping and complaints."

And more exposure for their competitors from their own affiliates.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by yintercept:
    I commend Linkshare for including this report... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Ditto. I don't like to have stuff in the report, but I do like HAVING the report.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

ABW Ambassador
    I commend Linkshare for providing the info as well. What other Network would be so bold as to show you where you aren't getting paid for the efforts you have provided that resulted in merchant gain and zilch, zippo, nada for the affiliate that referred the customer.

You gotta love this business! I can't help but wonder if linkshare stil gets a piece of these sales and is less immune from the cookie duration as an affiliate is. Why else track it?
    Itat least does say that all internet users aren;t using cookie washers but I don;t see much more use for it excpet to say - well I just got screwed again.

Networks always say "they have an interest in ensuring sales track" but I've never heard a single time where the networks encouraged a merchant to increase their cookie durations. Likewise look at TigerDirect.... they undercut a cookie at almost every turn and the networks still allow them to operate within the same guidelines as everyone else.

Hmmmmm - If networks were so interested in increasing sales for merchants and affiliates and saw where they would gain like affiliates from longer cookie durations, it would seem that the fees charged to merchnts could actually be based on "a longer cookie" - "a lower fee", "a shorter cookie" - a higher fee. Anyone evcer heard a network mention this? Absolutely not! They want their monthly fees more than anything else and rely on the parasites to mostly cover 0 day and session based cookies. The deck is stacked in their favor and as such do little to address these kinds of issues for affiliates. Not getting paid for work performed is the best description of an affiliate I can think of.

If things were "really different", you'd see exactly as I suggest if the interest was real. At least IMO .

I contacted one merchant about "non-commissionable" sales - and they were nice enough to credit me for the sale.

So, maybe if you ask nicely, your merchants might do the same for you. It doesn't hurt to ask!
    Ebudae

ABW Ambassador
    "One merchant"

Why not all of them?... Wait....
    Hey Linkshare, instead of me asking all these merchants in my report for money on these sales, would you be kind enough to pay me for my work since you got your cut? Please..... Pretty Please LOL.

I did the work I was supposed to and only got stiffed. Are we partners? Or... are you trusted third parties ensuring we get our money from merchants who don't even write out cookies much less report sales on what I didn't make on them? Wait a minute.....

I guess I better lett the Mrs handle this - she's the sweet one - perhaps being sweet is all it takes to not get screwed but wait

Nah it don't work that way at all. .

About 11% of my sales show up in non comm status. I hate that report.....

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I can't help but wonder if linkshare stil gets a piece of these sales and is less immune from the cookie duration as an affiliate is. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No they don't, I've seen enough invoices for enough merchants to verify this.

Cheers

Chris
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    I posted here at ABW that Merchant A had page after page after page of NoPays - more NoPays than pays. To their credit, they upped their return days from 10 to 15 for all affiliates (then told me that MY customers take about 78 days, so my report should look the same!!)

I posted here that Merchant B had the same problem. I emailed her about it - and within minutes she upped the return days from 10 to 15 for just me (via a Private Offer). Then she started using LivePerson to offer visitors free gifts, so any gain in return days was voided.

Now Fredericks of Hollywood moved to LS. While they were at CJ, I always wondered why the zillions of visitors didn't convert well. I suspected it was their 5 day cookie. Now that they're on LS - I reminded DAILY via the NoPay report where the money goes!! To someone other than myself!!

ABW Ambassador
    I got one word.... DELL

.... ARGH...

I never check my non commiss.. LOL! The shock and horror is too much for me to bear.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Hey Poon and Anne....it sucks to be us... having to rely upon cookies. The BHO's set theirs on every popup or followup popup. LS lies through their teeth if they say they don't profit doubly by pushing BHO's on all their merchants as they pocket their cut from non-commissionable sales. Add in the cookie stuffers playing the incent game and half the damn expired cookie sales don't even show up in that report.

If LS was honest, they come out and tell domain bound affiliates not employing tricks for clicks, spam tools and cookie stuffing to take a hike. Legit value add marketers are a waste of bandwidth in the network grand scheme of things.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by chrisk:
    I got one word.... _DELL_

.... ARGH... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

ABW Ambassador
    just ran my report for November, non-commissionable sales amounted to 45% of my total

the problem with walmart is not that they only turn on tracking during the holidays - it is the 0.167 return days - during the holidays people tend to buy within 0.167 days - the rest of the year they take a few extra minutes to mull it over

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by happypoon:
    "One merchant"

Why not all of them?... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

lol, because I only had "one merchant" with non-commish sales. But you bet - if I had more more, I would write them too!!
    Ebudae

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Hey Linkshare, instead of me asking all these merchants in my report for money on these sales, would you be kind enough to pay me for my work since you got your cut? Please..... Pretty Please LOL. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You know what would be a cool feature - but as with all cool features - it ain't gonna' happen...

If LS would let us bulk-mail merchants.

Instead of sending the same email individually to 20 different merchants (time consuming) - if they had a button that said

"Click here to vent to ALL your merchant partners at the same time"

ABW Ambassador
    .167 cookie days - hey thats great compared to this new merchant I saw in CJ "Escape Home".

Check these terms:

Become an affiliate of EscapeHomes.com, and starting earning money. Tap into the growing demand for second home real estate (recreation, investment and retirement). This is the fastest growing segment of the residential real estate boom. 80 million baby boomers are entering this market and when you link from your site, it is easy to cash in. We pay for simple, one screen, lead form completion. People search for properties, agents, or assistance. When they fill out the form in less than ten seconds, you earn $3.

Come on now, how many people get to a page, read it and fill out a form in less than 10 seconds? If yall haven't signed up yet you sure better hurry LOL. A .167 cookie duration (4 hours the way I figure) is a piece of crap but 10 seconds....

Networks should never allow this kind of crap in their networks and if the terms are mis-stated - they sure should have caught it if they were providing any decent kind of service at all IMO! Allowing affiliates to get ripped off so they can get their monthly fees is just to common and this is just another example.

@Ebudea - I should of known but it read kinda funny.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    The CJ management should refund that wanks deposit and setup fees and boot them into the 3rd world network ranks. Bet Walmart is run by the idiots employed by the inhouse LS professional management firm. Where do they find these Adwhore interns...
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

I was wondering why my WM sales were on the non-com report. I emailed last week, but they never got back to me.

BTW their sales are way down

http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems...1/s1253198.htm

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast