15 years and counting
    FYI,
    "As an important partner, we want to keep you updated regarding upcoming program changes. Beginning on June 16th, the Music123 Affiliate Program will be re-launching with another provider"
    I was not happy with their huge reversal rate and 1 day cookie but I think they're doing a mistake by leaving CJ. (and I'll have dead links if I don't do something)
    The problem is with their Affiliate management. The network as nothing to do with their pbs.

It's not the big that eat the small... it's the fast that eat the slow. Jennings & Haughton

Their program seems to have gone from bad to worse since they appointed a the new affiliate manager recently. I used to complain about reversals but since early this year the sales haven't been there to reverse. Good riddance to them.

Yeah, talk about a worthless program!

Buh-buh, seeyalater, don't let the door hit you in the butt on the way out...

Andy

"If you were born to be shot, you'll never be hung." -Unknown

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Bye, Reversals123, and good F'n luck getting anybody to sign up for that program at a no-consolidated-checks, maybe-pay network!

Beginning on June 16th, I will no longer have to wonder "will it stick?" so much as I send those pages to the Great Beyond!

~Revenue is King

I like traffic lights
    Southern hemisphere - away from Fukushima
    I dumped 'em a while back. So long, good riddance.

Jimmy James Inc. fan club membership # 3312

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Thanks ABWers. Some just deserve to be tarred and feathered and run out of town.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

Doh! Maybe this will give me incentive to work on a few sites and change their links with someone elses. Still receiving about $300 to $500 a month from them. Always wonder how much more it would be if they had a decent cookie duration.

Logan Thompson, Managing Director
    HostingMusicians.com | Hosting Scouts Affiliate Program
    "Web Hosting For Musicians"

C'mon, with them it's a physical limitation...if they increased their cookie duration their reversal button finger would turn into a bloody stub!

~Revenue is King

Hey, I had a big sale today with music123. I wonder what the chances of it sticking are?

They suck!

Hi!
    Our goal in making this change is to improve earnings for our affiliates as well as for our company. We sincerely regret any inconvenience to our CJ affiliates, and encourage all to continue working with us at LinkShare.
    In a market where our no hassle returns, 45 day price guaranty and satisfaction guaranty are neccessary in order to be competitive, and manufacturer's back-orders are common, there will always be some post-sale cancellations and returns.
    The differences in the structure of the programs will create fewer reversals as well as generating greater revenues for our affiliates.
    As the General Manager of our company, I am now personally overseeing our Affiliate Program. I welcome your questions at affiliates@music123.com.
    Thanks for reading this response.
    Jeff Cravetz

ABW Ambassador
    Hey Jeff . . . what's with all the CANNED responses in every thread about M123? Can't you address the situations with human responses?

I mentioned in another thread about creating our own links. In THIS thread I'm asking why your commission structure is all over the board, from 1% to 8%, and your cookie is a MEASELY 7 days??????????????

Why not keep a commission that can be CALCULATABLE? At least the 5% straight across the board at CJ, as puny as that is, was seeable. This 1 to 8% is just more garbage tactics in my eyes.

Brian
    aka Cyclone

Get while the getting's good

"Fool me once, shame on you... fool me twice, shame on me."

"You may fool all the people some of the time; you can even fool some of the people all the time; but you can't fool all of the people all the time."
    Abraham Lincoln

dropped these people long time ago . . . .

heisje

Tell me what the 8% stuff is I might promote that but sure no way will I promote anything else

Take care
    YouTrek.com

Just go to their site and see what's out of stock. That'll be the "over 1%" stuff.

~Revenue is King

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    Just go to their site and see what's out of stock. That'll be the "over 1%" stuff.
    Leader, do you have a sister?

Brian
    aka Cyclone

ABW Ambassador
    They are leaving alright, and sticking it to me as they go out the door. a sale for over $1,000.00 was reversed (about 70 something in commissions) for an invalid credit card(?). The problem I am having is two things: (1) The timing (as they leave), and (2) The link, or item the person searched for and click through on just doesnt match what I see as the profile of a person commiting fraud. The person clicked through on a englehart (classical instrument). I could see someone trying to buy a fender guitar, or the likes, with a bad cc, but not the person who would go looking for a classical instrument. Yes... I know it could happen, but it just doesnt jive!

-----------------------------
    Big Chuck
    Famous Last Words
    "Hold my beer, and watch this"
    "What does this do?"
    "You're married?!"
    "I think I made a wrong turn"
    "Say! This stuff tastes nasty!"
    "No. I am not from around here. Why do you ask?"

I'm still ticked off that they dropped me a few days before they moved from CJ without any explanation.

Ron - 7 Days A Week Marketing

quote:
    Originally posted by Cyclone:
    quote:
    Leader, do you have a sister?

Brian
    aka Cyclone

A sister?!

No sibs here. I'm an "Only".

~Revenue is King

19. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread