Affiliate Network Rep
    Dear ABW'ers

I just wanted to wish you all a very happy and healthy holiday season. It has been an honor (as always) to work with you this year and I look forward to making some long awaited announcements to you next year. For now have a great holiday and I hope that your stockings are filled with LinkShare commissions.

Best regards,
    Stephen

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Thanks for the Holiday cheers and the years Stephen. My Christmas Crystal ball tells me only Overstock, Internet Florist and Sierra Trading Post will be paying for Christmas drinks and toys for the grand kids. PromGirl might have theirs out in time for New Years Eve dresses. The rest should at least send their active affiliates a Christmas card.

Y-2005 will definitely be a challenge for Linkshare as the days of mass advertising moves from an Eyeball and Cookie War into a more refined era of those who have shopper friendly web pages....merchants and affiliates alike. My advice to the Messers for 2005 is to suck up to the power base at Overstock and keep the fleas and parasites out of their program. They are your keystone merchant and most likely one to force the others to emulate, to maintain your affiliate base.

Novel idea...Figure out a way to distribute the LS commission check totals over a much wider group of affiliates. The amounts going to coupon/deal sites (home base for cookie stuffers and SE spammers) plus the B-a-Ho-Ho-HO's cut of the pie, should never ever exceed 50%. LS's grounded asset value for buy-out evaluation is based upon active domain bound affiliate production. The rest falls under the .com bomb era of creative bookeeping waiting for the dual hammer fall of consumer and affiliate wrath.

Your a survivor Stephen and I hope you have it in you to take Linkshare beyond 2005. No bailouts available from the likes of DoubleClick or ValueClick, since the typical consumer/stock buyers have turned a thumbs down on the liberal media Advertising industry. Brighter note is you know the true conversion ratio of your merchant's sites. Pushing AM's to make sure their links perform at, or better then, this ratio would double Linkshare sales next year.

So Merry Christmas to you Stephen and your family and Staff. Feed and water the mailroom Gerbil and don't listen to the liberals. You can have a Christmas Tree in the lobby...all my Jewish merchant clients do!
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

http and a telephoto
    Happy Holidays Mr. Messer! I have FINALLY found a Linkshare merchant that converts on my site, the parasite free Sierra Trading Post, and am looking forward to adding the merchandiser feeds for other parasite free merchants to my site as well.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

4. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread