ABW Ambassador
    Hi All,

Heidi M. plugged blue nile, buy.com, hickory farms, overstock, and nordstrom. Does she get a cut if folks bypass us?

Then she plugged onlycoupons.com, flamingoworld.com, and ahugedeal.com.

LS folks continue to irritate me no end. Do a few sites contribute that much more than everyone else combined. That advertising against us is wise?

Despite what their reps say here, their actions, interviews, and awards say otherwise.

Lily

I am glad they gave Connie a plug. It is nice to see an honest affiliate get a nice mention. In such a quick segment, I am not sure how she could have plugged many more people, seemed she was talking as fast as she could to give as many people some PR as possible. They also only asked her initially about the top five merchants online... how could she have said, "Well we have Overstock but go through site A first so they can get a commission." She answered the questions of supplying top merchants then gave a plug to a few affiliates.
    I think Heidi did a great job in the time she had. You should write Heidi with the name of your site, maybe she will mention you next time.

ABW Ambassador
    AHugeDeal is on Ben Edelman's list of cookie stuffing affiliates.

http://www.benedelman.org/cookiestuffing/

Good point, Snowman. So Heidi is only one for three at promoting cookie-stuffers (the other mentioned affiliates not being known cookie-stuffers, to the best of my knowledge). That's somewhat below Stephen's 2/3. And Heidi's 1/3 is also bellow the proportion of Titanium Awards initially granted to folks who turned out to be rule-breakers, I suppose.

But "one out of of three" is a dubious honor nonetheless!

ABW Ambassador
    Although she only picked three sites, it is still amazing that she got two non cookie-stuffers.

Still, they should have given a plug to the big boys with the fancy schemes and downloads like eBates. Why be ashamed? They drive the money there.

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread