Hey Gang,
    Any of our Linkshare Affiliates want to go to this? I've got an extra ticket (normally around $600). First come-First served. Just shoot me an email if you're interested.

You don't have to sit with me

Cheers and best Holiday Wishes,
    Alex

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    I've been wanting to post this for a month - but I was waiting for a Sumitt thread - but it appears Alex's thread is the only one, so I'll post here.

Got a letter from Linkshare saying one of my merchants is comping me to the summitt.

I email the special email address (events-at-linkshare.com) 3 times asking which merchant so I can thank them - and get the usual Linkshare response - NONE.

While we know no one responds to problem emails at contact-at, but this is a HAPPY email address - you would think someone would respond.

So I register for the Summit.

Linkshare sends me WRITTEN confirmation:

Hi B,

This message is to confirm your registration for the LinkShare Executive Marketing Summit to be held at The Westin New York on Tuesday, January 18, 2005. The following members of your team are registered to attend the event:

B Knoblach

Your company will be charged for the registration fee of $0.00

Cancellations must be sent to events-at-linkshare.com and received by LinkShare no later than Tuesday, January 4, 2005. Timely cancellations will result in a full refund. No refunds will be made for cancellations received after Tuesday, January 4, 2005.

If you are unable to attend the event, your registration is transferable to another employee of your company. We cannot permit transfers of registration to non-employees without our approval. Requests for a transfer or substitution must be sent to events-at-linkshare.com and received by LinkShare no later than Tuesday, January 4, 2005.

Hotel Accommodations
    LinkShare has reserved rooms at The Westin New York exclusively for Summit attendees for a special discounted rate of $209 a night. To take advantage of this special rate, you must book your reservation with The Westin New York by Monday, December 27, 2004. The Westin will only accept reservations at this special rate after December 27 on a space available basis. Book your room online through our LinkShare Westin Website: [deleted website url]

We look forward to seeing you at the LinkShare Executive Marketing Summit. For more information about the event, visit http://www.linkshare.com/summit/. For specific inquiries, please contact us at 646.654.6000 x298 or events-at-linkshare.com

Thank you,
    The LinkShare Team

Doesn't the above written confirmation look like a done deal. Confirmed. You're going to a summit confirmation?

The Summit starts on a Monday.

I make flight reservations for Sunday afternoon.

We go to San Diego/Legoland.

Get back to Vegas on Sunday morning and there's a 2-day old message on my answering machine:

Because the Summit is sold out and there are still people who want to attend, you need to call this special number today (Friday) and DOUBLE confirm - or we're giving your tickets to someone else.
    What the h-e-double-hockey-sticks kind of company does this??

I had WRITTEN confirmation. I had cash outlays. I had plans.

This wasn't a day-trip to Mesquite. This was cross country. This was as complicated as making plans for Disney World.

But these people operate so far outside the "norm" - it's unfathomable!!

My usual Linkshare comment: AARGH!

ABW Ambassador
    I'm sorry that you had so many problems with the Summit - that's annoying!

http and a telephoto
    Sooo, what happened? Did you go or what? If not, did you get your plane tickets cancelled or usable in the future?
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread