Hi guys,

I'm new to this board and Linkshare. Anyway, I was so excited about Lighting Showplace because they have nice merchandise. Well, I began to use their Kichler Lamp sale banners, and then lo and behold, I surf their site a little more, and I then see an ad "MEGA SALE! PHONE ORDERS ONLY! For a limited time, take 10% off your entire order when you purchase $249 worth of Kichler product. MUST CALL FOR DISCOUNT!" (See my screen grab attachment) I'm pissed and I'm dropping them. How can they do a special promotional banner for LS, and then completely do their own phone in sale?

LightingShowplace is running Increased Commissions (10%) through December 31 on selected Kichler lighting products. Affiliates were instructed to join the special offer through the create links section of the Linkshare admin. Text and image links were created with url's linking to specific product pages or category pages that do not include the Kichler Phone Sale on them. Specific SKU's were provided so affiliates could pull individual product links and images which also link to specific product pages, not to the phone order special page.

There was no deception intended. Links were purposely created to avoid affiliate visitors going to the phone only sale page.

ABW Ambassador
    It makes no difference if the intent was to send visitors from affiliate sites to pages without this promo. The fact is, the affiliate sent the visitor to your site, and once there, he's going to navigate to other pages. If he phones in his order, the affiliate gets nothing. There is no reason to require that the person call for a discount. Just put up a discount code on your site.

You're paying your telephone rep a salary but doing absolutely nothing for the affiliate who sent you the customer in the first place.

And of course, any other items that visitor chooses to purchase are going to be included in that phone order as well.

IT'S JUST FLAT OUT WRONG AND A LOT OF AFFILIATES RIGHTFULLY BOYCOTT MERCHANTS WHO STEAL FROM THEIR AFFILIATES LIKE THIS!

ABW Ambassador
    "Links were purposely created to avoid affiliate visitors going to the phone only sale page."

um

"Well, I began to use their Kichler Lamp sale banners, and then lo and behold, I surf their site a little more, and I then see an ad "MEGA SALE! PHONE ORDERS ONLY!"

So you have links that affiliates create that doesn't avoid the phone only sale page.
    Edit. Like the home page link i just checked, navigating to the Kichler page:
    http://www.lightingshowplace.com/cgi...toreHome&M=410

Thanks guys! Since I am very new to affiliate marketing, I was really upset when this first happened. Then, I thought I was acting like a big baby. Now I'm glad to know that I wasn't over reacting. =)

Deziner,

You weren't - it's nothing short of commission theft - period!

Shoty merchants like this need to be exposed so that other affiliates don't waste their time with garbage like this.

You'll fit in just right here! WTG and Welcome!
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    Ultimately the best solution is to set up proper phone tracking LSPMerchant, drop me a PM I'll be happy to offer a couple of methods we use.

Cheers

Chris
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

It stinks. It's just another way of getting out of paying commissions.

If they want advertising, they should PAY for it. They should not take advantage of their affiliates using sneaky tactics like this one.

Andy

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread