ABW Ambassador
    i sent thousands and thousands of targeted clicks to macy's this past holiday and all they can show for is a $1 commish. the other LS merchants did really well even with lesser clickthrus. anybody here experiencing the same thing?

My Macy's conversation rate is way to low as compare to other merchants.

Asif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by waytogo:
    i sent thousands and thousands of targeted clicks to macy's this past holiday and all they can show for is a $1 commish. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Targeted clicks or real people? I find Macy's to be a reasonably good performer -- not the best but definately not the worst.
    Mike Allen | <a href="https://twitter.com/mta1">@mta1</a>
    <a href="http://www.businesswright.com">Businesswright Consulting</a> | <a href="http://www.shopping-bargains.com">Shopping-Bargains</a>

I was just about to make a post about this. My Macy's conversions were pretty poor last month but just today I noticed a transaction titled "Missing Transaction" for a total of $13k. Boy was I surprised to see my commission total after that. I thought they were just slow to report all my sales, but this seems a little fishy to me. Does anybody else see this?

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by OZZ:
    Are you folks aware that LS, daily, makes errors in its calculations of your commissions? In one 10 day period of time LS had made errors of over $400.00 of commission calculations..

You folks should check daily to see that the calculations are correct. Could be worth a substantial increase in your gross commissions. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ozz:

If you could give a step sby step process for newbies on how to check that Linkshare's daily calculations are correct, it would be very helpful.

Thanks

driverx11

Log on to your LS account…

Click the “Run Reports” tab…

Set both of the “Report Dates” to the date you want to check i.e., “1 January 2005”…

Set the “Report Type” to “Product Success Report”…

Click “Go:” button…

In a short time your sales report for that day will appear…

This report can be downloaded to your computer as a comma or tab separated file, or you can just go line by line of the report…

Some of the merchant’s commissions are different for different types of merchandise i.e.
    Media items (DVD’s, Music, Books, etc.) might have a commission rate of 3%, while all other items may have a commission of 7%.

If you are going line by line in the above report, just read the “Product Name” description, determine what category the particular item fits in and apply the proper commission % to it…

If the commissions you calculate match what LS has posted under the “Commissions” item in the report, all is well…

If they don’t match, make a list of the sales items that are not correct. Be sure to have the “Product ID”; “Product Name”; “Merchant Name”; “Sales($)” (price); and the “Commission”; as well as the corrected commission and the difference between the two in a single line by line report.

Summarize this information and submit a letter requesting payment of the corrected amounts to both the Merchant and LS…

Hope this helps one and all…

I know what you mean OZZ. I've been doing this for months. It's sad because the AM's have to deal with all of this and I feel bad bugging them all the time, but when it's a matter of hundreds of dollars I just can't let it slide. As it stands now I'm waiting for several hundred to appear in my merchant adjustments, but nothing has shown up since September. I've got 5 pending adjustments and nothing is happening. Linkshare is seriously pissing me off these past couple months.

- Scott

Thanks for your post OZZ.

A note that I got from Linkshare seems to show that was a tech issue with their uploads on Friday, that shifted the total amount by 2 decimal points. Please disregard what you are seeing in the Sales report for the moment until they have it cleared up. I appreciate the phone calls you have been making to clear this up.

Mike

Aww bummer, seemed like it was too good to be true. I'd have never made that kind of sales volume with the number of clicks I sent.

Thanks for the heads up,
    - Scott

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread