Internet Cowboy
    I dumped Linkshare months ago. But I must say that I visit this forum from time to time just to get a laugh.
    It seems that nobody gets paid, reports don't work, many of their merchants continually screw affiliates, non commissionable sales are on the rise, some want to file a class action suit and merchants are dropping like flies.

I figure that some of you must be making an incredible amount of money to put up with this.

--Edited to add that the CEO goes on network TV during all of this to tell everyone how wonderful this network is.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by scohaz:
    I figure that some of you must be making an incredible amount of money to put up with this. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Sad, but true.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

http and a telephoto
    There are clean merchants in the network, just like any of the other networks. I promote merchants, I don't promote networks.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> There are clean merchants in the network, just like any of the other networks. I promote merchants, I don't promote networks. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Which is the intelligent approach
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

That's true, but most of those issues are NETWORK problems, not merchant problems.

Linkshare makes it harder to work with merchants than any of the other major networks. Checks get delayed. Reporting is frequently on the fritz. Tracking problems are rampant (which is partly a merchant problem, but seems more prevalent with Linkshare merchants). Stats can't be consolidated together with other networks due to additional login security. There's no direct deposit or consolidated payments. Datafeeds are inconsistent and more difficult to automate due to "enhancements". The president of the network promotes parasites and cookie-stealing affiliates.

These are all extra issues that affiliates have to face if they want to work with the quality merchants that chose Linkshare as their network. Some merchants are worth the extra hassle. All other things being equal, I look elsewhere for merchants first.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Internet Cowboy
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Which is the intelligent approach <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Let's see,
    Above the fold on this page is:

"Trying to get paid from Linkshare -- GOOD LUCK"

"Payments NOT A PRIORITY for Linkshare Page 1 2 3 "

"Target Awaiting Merchant Payment" (from November)

"Sharper Image Non-Commissionable Sales RISE"

Hmmm not getting paid, tracking problems, no reporting.....intelligent? There are so many other choices out there.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Let's see,
    Above the fold on this page is:

"Trying to get paid from Linkshare -- GOOD LUCK"

"Payments NOT A PRIORITY for Linkshare Page 1 2 3 "

"Target Awaiting Merchant Payment" (from November)

"Sharper Image Non-Commissionable Sales RISE"

Hmmm not getting paid, tracking problems, no reporting.....intelligent? There are so many other choices out there. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Hmmm...kinda makes you wonder what LS IS doing, doesn't it???

Although I guess running to the bank to cash all those checks from commissions the parasites bring in to the network takes quite a bit of time...

Andy

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    Well, the way I look at it is, there are plenty of other fish in the sea and I don't have nearly enough time to get around to them all. Therefore, LS being the weakest link (sorry) is simply not worth my time. I don't care who LS's merchants are, there are comparable ones on other networks.

I read this forum from time to time to reassure myself that I did the right thing, dumping my LS merchants. I have one who wishes I wouldn't leave and I'm tempted to stay but haven't yet decided. If they *really* loved me they'd switch networks, right?

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread