Hi all,

I'm trying to sign up for Linkshare but then I come across this portion of the membership agreement:

IN ADDITION, YOU MAY USE ANY LINKSHARE NETWORK ONLY FOR A BUSINESS PURPOSE AND NOT FOR A PERSONAL, HOUSEHOLD OR FAMILY PURPOSE; THE BUSINESS THAT YOU CONDUCT THROUGH ANY LINKSHARE NETWORK MUST BE YOUR PRIMARY BUSINESS OR AN INTEGRAL PART OF YOUR PRIMARY BUSINESS; AND YOUR USE OF ANY LINKSHARE NETWORK MUST BE INTEGRALLY RELATED TO SUCH BUSINESS.

Can anyone help decipher? In particular, what is meant by "business that you conduct through linkshare"?? Any help is appreciated.

-A

I think they just mean that you can't sign up just to get a discount (in the form of your commission) from the merchants. You have to actually promote the merchants and bring in customers.

Think of it like a restaurant. Most restaurants will let employees get free or discounted meals. But they would never let you sign up as an employee JUST to get free meals. You have to work.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Thanks Michael. Based on the wording, it seemed to me like they might be saying that utlizing the Linkshare service has to be the the primary job of the affiliate, which would rule out anyone who has a different regular job. That, of course, would be absurd...but you never know!

in other words, you're there to sell, sell, sell!

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread