New Terms of Service
    Dear Commission Junction,

Please be advised that our terms of use will be changing as of July 14, 2003: Any robot that we deem chargable for data mining of any of our web sites, will be charged $10,000.00 per visitation.

Should you wish not to participate in our data mining fee for data service, please cease visitation of any or all of your robot visitations.

Currently Prior to July 14, 2003, your robot CJNetworkQuality; http: has visited us 24 times.

Your Account Balance Prior to July 14, 2003: $0.00
    Your Fee Assessment per robot visitation after July 14, 2003: 10,000 USD payable within 7 days.

Thank you for your co-operation.

Glenn Bradley
    Owner and Propreitor of Ye Olde Garage Sale Company and its divisions.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    quote:
    please cease visitation of any or all of your robot visitations.

The first instance of the word "visitation" should be deleted. (It's hard to read when words are repeated so soon. Plus, the robot isn't visiting a visitation.) It ought to say,

"Please cease all robot visitations." Or perhaps, "please cease all visits from your robot."

Good luck getting either the $10k or the cessation of visits with that notice, though, no matter how you word it...

~Revenue is King

ABW Ambassador
    Glenn, I thought they already disabled your account for non-performance?

Thanks Leader,

Always good to have a second pair of eyes. Will fix as soon as 60 minute time limit is up.

Glenn

Glenn,

You only have 60 minutes to edit.

Haiko

The secret of success is constancy of purpose. ~ Disraeli

New Terms of Service
    Dear Commission Junction,

Please be advised that our terms of use will be changing as of July 14, 2003: Any robot that we deem chargable for data mining of any of our web sites, will be charged $10,000.00 per visitation.

Should you wish not to participate in our data mining fee for data service, please cease visitation of any or all of your robots.

Currently Prior to July 14, 2003, your robot CJNetworkQuality; http: has visited us 24 times.

Your Account Balance Prior to July 14, 2003: $0.00
    Your Fee Assessment per robot visitation after July 14, 2003: 10,000 USD payable within 7 days.

Thank you for your co-operation.

Glenn Bradley
    Owner and Propreitor of Ye Olde Garage Sale Company and its divisions.

ABW Ambassador
    Glenn, this is just silly. A - there is no legal standing to send someone a contract that they do not agree to and make it binding. B - if the robot gets your panties in such a bunch, you have the power to block it through htaccess files or banning ips. I can't see a court thinking it harmed you $10,000, yet you couldn't spend 15 minutes blocking it.

There are valid issues and problems with CJ. While I don't know anyone who likes the spider, this isn't going to do anything except show another ineffective protest by affiliates that do not understand the legal issues at play.

Chet

quote:
    Originally posted by Chez Noir:
    There are valid issues and problems with CJ. .... this isn't going to do anything except show another ineffective protest by affiliates that do not understand the legal issues at play.

Agreed 100%

Haiko

The secret of success is constancy of purpose. ~ Disraeli

Chez, whoever you are, its a joke.

However, since you have decided to poke your nose into how I conduct business on my web sites. (Note the word my, as in owned by me) I could charge them a million dollars per visitation, and bill them everytime they visit me after the 14th. So get over it.

Lastly, what is silly is Commission Junction sending its spybot over to a non affiliated website. What is the purpose of that spybot?

Suggest you check Connie's posting before you decide what is silly and what isnt.

Lastly in regards to Terms of Use, check the legal standing, just dropping by a website in some case, constitutes your agreement to the contract.

So what happens if you send them a bill and they fail to pay? Can you report them to a credit bureau like they would you?

The Wolf Credo: Respect the elders. Teach the young. Cooperate with the pack. Play when you can. Hunt when you must. Rest in between. Share your affections. Voice your feelings. Leave your mark.

I guess if I was very serious about this whole thing, (it being a parody on Commission Junction's daily changing of its affiliate agreement), I would assume you can, naturally they could in return dispute the debt, but none the less, its a valid service that I can start up as of today. You want to mine my website for whatever tickles you, you pay. You dont want to pay, dont come and visit me with your robot. Right?

ABW Ambassador
    I responded - poking my nose in - because you posted it here. If you didn't want comments, why post it? You posted it in the CJ forums, not the Midnight Café where jokes are normally posted.

I could only imagine after following your last series of posts on another forum attacking CJ, that you were being serious here. Were you just joking there?

Chet

Chet-

attacking?

Im going off topic here to follow your thought process.

Let's see you feel that you should happy as an affiliate with commission junction, to be ok with merchants, super affiliates, spammers, who affiliate themselves with predatory advertising, underreport sales, leads, and click throughs.

Lastly, the joke has a serious side to it, why the spybot? As you recall, I think it has another purpose than just checking to see if someone's link is performing properly, especially when it visits non commission junction websites.

I know I said lastly, but one more thing, did you hear about the three affiliate managers in the everglades of Florida?

Nevermind- dont want the Club Mom Guru after me.

ABW Ambassador
    Glenn, you came up with some insane conspiracy theory, kept yelling about it. Then tried to draw some big conclusion with everyone else - that is what I am talking about. And you know it. You also know you were dropped for non-performance from CJ. Do you really blame that non-performance on scumware? CJ has many merchants, as an affiliate, you can pick and choose who you promote or don't promote.

And you didn't reply - why post this here if you didn't want feedback?

Chet

Chet,

To clarify the "non perfomance" issue that you seem so bent on shouting out to the world:

quote:
    Glenn,

I looked up your account and saw a request form you to delete the account.
    Posted: 2001-07-17 19:52:48.0
    Organization: Glen Bradley

Subject: Please Cancel Our Account.

I also saw that the account was deleted due to non-performance. This means the account did not generate a commission in the past 6 months.

Todd

Now Chet, I havent used that account in over 2 years, then I decided that since they didnt kill the account and that it was still active, I decided what the heck Ill put up a lot of banners, just before the publishing and all the work that I had done, Commission Junction comes out with the 10.00 non performance fee, and starts killing accounts.

The conspiracy theory: Commission Junction is allied with GAIN- on the other board, I stand by that 100 %, and as I had promised, before I publish my findings, I want all my ducks in a row, but they have been linked via Idealabs, and just today Yahoo has bought Overture. So Im not sure as to the impact that may or may not have on the "conspiracy therory"- but an article from CNN Money states that Yahoo has already been utilizing Overture. Overture Stock by the way shot from 2 bucks to 20 today.

Gee Chet, the scumbag predators are really making some money here, arent they? oops no its a conspiracy theory.

ABW Ambassador
    Can I make a wild jump here, because I am not getting it.

Because overture was bought by yahoo, you decided to post here about the CJ robot, because the stock market was going to like the move, and you needed to punish scumware which is CJ? And when you posted it here, you really didn't want comments, you just wanted to post it?

And because I am making money, I am scumware because only they can make money? And there is a gun at your head forcing you to use all merchants at CJ because they have the secret mind control gun, and a duck is holding the gun?

Chet

The entertainment value of this thread is remarkable but there is another thread around here titled.... "This is a disgrace". Perhaps this thread needs to be moved in there?

------------------------------
    What does the COC stand for? Crooks Overwriting Commissions.
    ------------------------------
    Love Life to the fullest. we only get ONE chance! :-) !

Chet,

Where do I begin with that last post?

A.) I posted the spybot issue- PRIOR TO the news about Yahoo buying Overture.

B.) I already explained the reason I posted the "joke" about charging Commission Junction for every time they sent their spy bot. Please read thread again, maybe it will sink in this time.

C.) I really cant comment on how you make money with CJ, I really think that its great that as an affiliate-publisher, you are making money. The fact that you do not utilize predatory advertising, scumware, or spamming methods makes you the model affiliate. Furthermore, I understand why you don't show us your work, i.e. website, because of all the crooked types who will see how well you are doing they might copy it, or steal your domain name. I would never think of you as a predatory, scumware, spamming individual. No I think its great that you are making money on the up and up. Your my hero.

D) Uhmmm, in that other forum, somebody other than me asked Todd to provide a list of merchants utilizing scumware, predatory advertising, and the like, you seem to have the list according to your post, care to share that info with us?

Gee Glenn, I would love to confirm all your conspiracies but we are real busy buying the rest of the internet and I can't disclose anything until all the deals are finalized.

BTW, how much for that site of yours that didn't earn anything over the last two years?

Todd Crawford
    Commission Junction

Todd,

quote:
    Gee Glenn, I would love to confirm all your conspiracies but we are real busy buying the rest of the internet and I can't disclose anything until all the deals are finalized.

Thats interesting, I thought Yahoo was buying Overture. Seems like a hurry up and dump to me.

quote:
    BTW, how much for that site of yours that didn't earn anything over the last two years?

Send that robot over here again, and I'll come up with a figure for you. Since repointing the domain to another entity, I have made more money in two weeks than in two years with your predatory infected company. Go check it out, the stats are emblazoned on the site. Don't hesitate to look through the Business Books, If I may recommend the book "hit and run" I think its a perfect fit for you.

Thanks for chatting with me.

Much Respect to you Todd

Glenn:
    My advice - switch to decaf.

Karl Smith
    phillyBurbs - Your Internet Starts Here

22. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread