Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ABW Ambassador
    Every day I get a msg from a user that says something like "your link to buy does not work", then I ask if kazaa lite is installed and the answer is usually positive, I loose time and sales, Merchants loose sales, CJ loose commission. I have researched and I realized that at least 1% of my CJ traffic is being blocked by kazza lite.

Todd, I have just sent a msg with topic "kazaa-lite block-host issue" into CJ support interface, and I have suggested a very good way to avoid kazaa blocks that is easy and backward compatible, I really do not understand why you haven't handled this issue before, but I think that CJ has very weak point here, having the way to fix it and not doing it, please show some honor by answering us why you are not solving this issue. I'm very dissapointed with this issue...

Fer

ABW Ambassador
    This really is the biggest mystery for me with CJ. The reason I moved most of my stuff off CJ.

Our release in June will address this problem.

Todd Crawford
    Commission Junction

Will address it or fix it?

Ron - 7 Days A Week Marketing
    Every day is a chance to learn something new and an opportunity to teach others.

ABW Ambassador
    Hello problem - nice to meet you!

Todd, since it is June - when in June? This will be a welcome change, until then I have found it useless with my demographics to try and promote cj programs.

Chet

When we address the problem, it should fix it.

The June release in scheduled but I cannot disclose the exact date yet. We will notify you all prior to the release via the members area.

Todd Crawford
    Commission Junction

quote:
    Originally posted by ToddCrawford, CJ.com:
    When we address the problem, it should fix it.

The June release in scheduled but I cannot disclose the exact date yet. We will notify you all prior to the release via the members area.

Todd Crawford
    Commission Junction

Hurray!!!
    Hurray!!!
    Hurray!!!

We have communication!!!!! That's exactly the kind of posts I like to read from CJ!

THANKS, TODD.

(Now, about my question from May 2)

Ron - 7 Days A Week Marketing
    Every day is a chance to learn something new and an opportunity to teach others.

ABW Ambassador
    OK!
    Looking forward to this
    Cazzie

Will it involve using a wildcard dns and tracking code in the subdomain level like http://click-PID-AID.qksrv.net

Todd, will you be sharing the technical details? (Mostly because the more geeky affiliates would like to know)

________
    All your commission are belong to us.
    Check out the latest Homeland Security press releases.

ABW Ambassador
    Hi Todd. The best thing cj.com can do is to provide us with a script to rename that silly host-file on the users PC. This file is totally useless.

carneol

New tracking code will generate random subdomains each time you get code.

asdfasdf@qksrv.net....
    1234asdf.qksrv.net...
    7Dk4SwXz.qksrv.net...

Get it?

Todd Crawford
    Commission Junction

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    quote:
    The June release in scheduled but I cannot disclose the exact date yet.~Todd

My guess is on or very near the 16th or the 17th of June. I'll just say I think I heard a Clue Train go by in another thread (not from Todd, though).

We bet on the day of the Google Dance, might as well bet on this, too!

~Revenue is King

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Then we can assume to get the random subdomain codes we will need to replace current CJ merchant links. If this is the case then I'll study the YTD stats and see which ones qualify for this time consuming effort. OK CJ merchants now is the time to start padding my sales records.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

Well, If that is the case, good time to replace CJ merchants with better choices.

The Wolf Credo: Respect the elders. Teach the young. Cooperate with the pack. Play when you can. Hunt when you must. Rest in between. Share your affections. Voice your feelings. Leave your mark.

How will this method affect datafeeds?

Will each Publisher's feed also get different numbers (I hope)?

-- Mike

Todd,

My first thought was the same as Mike.
    What about previously made links?
    Will I have to go through and redo hundreds of links?
    CJ needs to come up with some way to protect the thousands of links that have already been made.

ABW Ambassador
    Random subdomains will make the host file so big that once the capacity of reserved hard disc space is full. And what will happen then with the clients machine? The best way is to rename or delete this file. No one will miss it ever.

carneol

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    I ask if kazaa lite is installed and the answer is usually positive, I loose time and sales, Merchants loose sales, CJ loose commission.
    CJ looses NOTHING~! Or do YOU think that anytime a sale is made that they correlate it to make sure YOU get your cut . . . what . . . are you freakin BLIND?

You are gullible aren't you . . .

Brian
    aka Cyclone

Get while the getting's good

Cyclone,

Kazaa lite blocks current CJ links completely, so that the customer can't get to the merchant.
    (Only way is for the customer to type the merchant url directly)

Can you explain how you figure out that CJ looses nothing on this?

I think you should get your facts straight before calling people blind and gullible.

quote:
    Well, If that is the case, good time to replace CJ merchants with better choices. ~Ssanf

CJ's actually trying to HELP, finally, and your response is to fire their merchants?? You WANT to use networks that are still blocked by KazaaLite? It'd be no harder to put up new UNBLOCKED CJ links, than to switch over to BLOCKED other-network links!

If this anti-block works, the other networks will be falling over themselves to implement similar anyway. They'd all like to block the ad-blockers!

Personally I don't want to have to change all the links in a hurry! Ideally, I'd change them to the new unblocked style as an ongoing (but steady) process.

~Revenue is King

For example, in this case if customer from affiliate site goes to a merchant site directly by typing merchant's domain in address bar, affiliate loses commission, but neither CJ (merchant pays a flat fee to CJ) nor merchant lose anything.

[Removed by popular demand]

Remember. CJ also charges a 30% transaction fee, not just the network access fee! That transaction fee is lost by CJ, when KazaaLite blocks trackable clicks from happening. In order to get that 30% fee, they have to be able to show a transaction happened for *someone*!

And if the viewer doesn't go ahead and type the merchant name into the browser when the links don't work--the merchant also loses the transaction!

*This* issue does affect all sides of the equation.

~Revenue is King

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Conspiracy theory #214. WhenU and TopMoxie teamed up with CJ to donate 3rd world programmer/hacker's time to make the KaZZaaLite version in order to get 100% of the type-in browser traffic commissions. Notice all the parasite friendly merchants put their URL in the creatives. Charlie and I call it dual purpose branding for those willing to pay for our BHO consulting fees and expertise.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

ABW Ambassador
    carneol, I do not think you understand how the host file works, search on host file on these forums, it has been detailed numerous times.

I agree with leader, which is why it stumped me why they were taking so long to fix the issue. But from what they are doing, it seems they created a flexible solution to handle any future issues as well.

Now I am debating ebay. I miss the realtimish stats, but hate the reversals - but love seeing what did get more people to register even if they didn't bid (and the reversals at the end of the month just balance out the system, not take anythign away - but they are depressing to watch)

Chet

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast