Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    For every $5 I've made with CJ this month (for the 1/20th of stores that actually report),
    $10 has been reversed.

I'm canning every CJ merchant if this isn't straightened out in the next 3 days.

And if you're a store considering joining CJ -- I'd seriously reconsider.

With my best,

Liz
    http://Styleforfree.com

I don't blame ya for being PO'D Liz. Its starting to seem like more reversals are coming in than sales. Of course why wouldn't merchants reverse, there is almost no way to judge their reversal rates now.

I just checked my stats and see that Baby Age just reversed a couple of sales from back in May. I wonder why those sales weren't locked on the 10th. Do the merchants get as long as they want now to reverse sales. The reason given was other for both. Looks like another good place to put an adsense add. CJ is just shooting themselves in the foot with whatever the hell is happening there. Hmmm, Lex's vacation must be almost up isn't it? He should get back to CJ. JMO of course.

Merchant Coincidences, One of the Wonders of the World

Coincidence Me baby!

quote:
    there is almost no way to judge their reversal rates now

Absolutely!
    And there's almost no reason to choose CJ merchants over the other networks now that this info has been hidden.

Precisely DaPackster! It's incredibly annoying you can't judge why
    the cha-chings are going backwards with the reports. The only way
    I was able to see ~everything~ was to run an "all transactions" dated
    report from 7/01 on. And the BabyAge reversals really stunned me...
    haven't they been off of CJ for at least a month now?

We've been Punk'D!!!

With my best,

Liz

ABW Ambassador
    Winterpeg, the Mosquito Capital of Canada
    I just had my only 2 baby age sales reversed. What ever network they may run to I won't be following.
    My pitiful July CJ sales amount earned went down today GRRRRRRR

WW

Make a difference! Support your local Cancer Care providers.

I, too, had a reversal from BabyAge. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't CJ supposed to collect advance money from each merchant in order to protect our commissions? I just spent 20 minutes reading FAQ's and support area at CJ and I can't find anything. Anyone know?

Ron - 7 Days A Week Marketing

Um....

I just found this at CJU:
    quote:
    Advertisers have until the 10th of the month following the month that you earned a commission to review and possibly reverse any transaction. A feature on the transaction report shows the status of that review.

If that is true, how come we are getting reversals for BabyAge after the 10th of the month for sales from May we got paid for in June.

Am I not understanding this or did this get reversed incorrectly?

ABW Ambassador
    "Of course why wouldn't merchants reverse, there is almost no way to judge their reversal rates now."

Since you know your individual reversal rates for BabyAge, why keep their links up if your sales turn up nothing but revearsals? If you leave their links up (in the wake of high reversals) then you tend to show that CJ is right about how useful reversal data is.

Many merchants will size you up...if you haven't noticed. If you don't take their links down (for at least a time out in the wake of high reversals), then they're just going to keep ripping you off, or whatever the case may be.

I've seen this again and again with various merchants.

Never set up your sites in a way it takes forever to replace merchant links. Many unethical merchants count on such affiliates flooding their sites with their links in such a way that taking them all down would be a major job.

What happens when you think..I'll take them all down? You check your account soon after and see more sales (then many of those sales get reversed as well by the 10th of the following month)..but it keeps you playing along.

If it is true that BabyAge is reversing sales outside the time frame they are alotted by CJ contract, then it may well be that they have an issue with CJ and may be leaving soon.

I had one merchant that deactivated and I got every single transaction reversed spanning more than several months.

There's one thing in this business which is sure, and that is change. Never be afraid to make your own.

ABW Ambassador
    Thier links and page down quite a while ago and were replaced with a diff merchant

WW

Walleye,

Based on my experience - if a CJ merchant moves to another network, reversals rarely occur at the 2nd network. This is true with eBay, BabyAge. And surprisingly, I'm seeing sales at NetMagazines that I NEVER saw at CJ

It pays to switch

With my best,

Liz

ABW Ambassador
    Yes babyage reverses a lot, too bad they are one of the better converting baby merchants. They are now at BF

"Nothing focuses the mind better than the constant sight of a competitor who wants to wipe you off the map."
    --Wayne Calloway

I think the question still is why were they allowed to reverse past the so called allowed time frame. The sales from May should of been locked on July 10th at the latest, yet the sales were reversed on the 14th. Should I start worrying about last Decembers sales

If it was CJ that did the reversing because of lack of payment from Babyage then it should of said compliance shouldn't it of instead of other? I also thought that in July of 2001 when CJ made the big changes that they required the merchant to keep a bank acnt on file or an escrow acnt with CJ in order to avoid the problem of collecting payments. Maybe Todd will pop in and clear things up.

If the reason was a payment issue from Babyage then Linkshare should boot them. I've said it before and I'll say it again. The trusted 3rd parties need to keep in contact with each other about taking on a merchant that owes affiliates money. If one trusted 3rd party is owed money then the other should decline them into their program until they pay up. That will stop a merchant from bouncing from program to program. This may not be the reason however for the reversals. JMO of course

Coincidence Me baby!

ABW Ambassador
    I'm not about to join any more baby sites. Will try to develop what ones are on my site now at better rates.
    The running away from commissions if this is what occurred and same as the LS merchants who get away with not paying when they leave certainly leaves a bad taste in my mouth and doesn't give me a whole lot of confidence to move with them to a new network if monies are outstanding or have been reversed on their leaving.

WW

thanks for the tip about babyage, seems they are over at befree under the category of computers????

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    It should be easy to see if they paid up, just look at the "reversed due to nonpayment" report under the Get Reports tab...

I never was a BabyAge affiliate, so that status wouldn't come up in my reports even if they didn't pay. It only shows for the affs. of the program.

~Revenue is King

So, does BeFree protect us advertisers better that CJ from companies like BabyAge that drop out of programs without paying their affiliates?

Leader,
    quote:
    It should be easy to see if they paid up, just look at the "reversed due to nonpayment" report under the Get Reports tab...

Good point! I just looked and they are not showing up in the non-payment report. However when I check my invalid links reports they are still showing that they are active. Their sign up page with all their info , epc and so on is also showing active. Must be a CJ bug. Although if I look for them in get links or join new merchants they aren't showing up. Beats me

Coincidence Me baby!

Packy,

I looked in the Reversed Due to Nonpayment feature (middle right of main reports page) and they did come up for me.

But your observations about them still showing active is interesting.

Ron,

quote:
    But your observations about them still showing active is interesting.

Yup, it is interesting but only in certain parts of Cj are they showing active. A pretty big mess is happening right now if you ask me. I'm reading about sales going elsewhere, mrechants showing sales but their not in our reports and so on. I sure hope whatever problems are straightened out soon.

Well I'm off for a swim and my aquatic routine to drop a few pounds for the summer

Coincidence Me baby!

Transactions can still get corrected if they were extended. Example: Sale for $100 occurs on May 25. Advertisers extends txn on June 9. On July 5 advertiser determines txn was not shipped, etc. and reverses it.

Txns can only be extended once. The advertiser must reverse, correct or pay the txn - they cannot extend it again.

Publishers are "protected" due to advertiser account balances. In rare circumstances, some of the commissions owed become outstanding and may get reversed due to non-payment. Should the advertiser pay off their balance, these txns are "unreversed" and the publisher is paid in the next payment cycle.

Todd Crawford
    Commission Junction

Todd,

Thanks for the feedback. I'm just curious how many months a merchant can wait to reverse a transaction? So what your saying is this merchant could of reversed the sale in Sept if they wanted to wait that long? Thanks!

Coincidence Me baby!

June txns must be paid, corrected or reversed by the 10th of July. If they are extended, they must be paid, corrected or reversed by Aug 10th.

So any txn that occurred in June could get paid in August's check, if it were extended and were corrected or left as is.

Todd Crawford
    Commission Junction

Todd, you are speaking in broad terms when most of this is in regards to BabyAge who has left CJ for BeFree.

I contacted AAQ to get a direct answer regarding my May sales which should not have been reversed after July 10th (acording to your formula above). They addressed your statement above...

Todd Crawford:
    quote:
    Publishers are "protected" due to advertiser account balances. In rare circumstances, some of the commissions owed become outstanding and may get reversed due to non-payment. Should the advertiser pay off their balance, these txns are "unreversed" and the publisher is paid in the next payment cycle.

Basically this is one of those "rare circumstances" where we are not being paid due to non-payment. CJ was able to pay some publishers I was told, sales before my May 11 sale I guess, and those of us afterwards won't get paid as the BabyAges account ran out of money before my date.

I'm guessing it is a whole lot of money if already we have heard from several people here in the same boat as me. With BabyAge moving to BeFree, can you tell us, Todd, just what are the chances of you collecting all that money so we can get paid our just commissions?

By the way, thank you AAQ for answering my question quickly and directly and not speaking in general terms like Todd does here so often.

[This message was edited by 7-days on July 15, 2003 at 05:00 PM.]

Edited by Me

Sorry Ron, I didn't read all the way through your post! Also I see BabyAge in my deactivated for Non-Payment Report now.

Coincidence Me baby!

[This message was edited by DaPackster on July 15, 2003 at 07:29 PM.]

[This message was edited by DaPackster on July 15, 2003 at 07:30 PM.]

I bet that BabyAge settles their debt at CJ and you end up getting paid for the txns extended due to non-payment. It probably worked out that during the migration, they slipped up and payment was late.

Todd Crawford
    Commission Junction

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast