Before the changes, eBay registrations would appear as accepted (active) or extended the morning after the transaction date. Now, eBay registrations show as $0.00. I would like to know when do active registrations show up on CJ? I believe I have them, but they haven't shown up yet...

I've never seen one change. But the next day a new one will appear, called active, showing as $6.00 with an event date from the previous day.

But I had a couple of $0 ones 2 days ago that I still haven't seen the active ones for, and I'm 99% positive they were activated right away.

It's so very easy to cheat us, and there's so little we can do about it.

Yes, I know that they don't change... a new one should appear the next day, but it seems it's not working the last few days. I also know that some of my registrations were activated because there are bids associated with those registrations in CJ.

Maybe it's just me, but I'm seeing a MUCH higher "nonactivation rate" now that reporting has changed, compared to the "reversal rate" prior to the switchover.

Methinks more has changed than just the manner of reporting. NOT happy.

-Dan

I received an e-mail from ebay a couple weeks ago saying that they were changing how active registrations are recorded.

Basically, you don't get the commission until the first bid is placed. But you get notified that there has been a new sign up.

I've only been an ebay affiliate for a couple months but it's a definite change from getting the commission immediately upon sign up.

Jeremy

quote:
    Originally posted by Danimal:
    Maybe it's just me, but I'm seeing a MUCH higher "nonactivation rate" now that reporting has changed, compared to the "reversal rate" prior to the switchover.

Methinks more has changed than just the manner of reporting. NOT happy.

-Dan

I concur. Here's my activity for last few months:

March - 91 Registrations - 12 extended - 8 reversed
    April - 136 Registrations - 23 extended - 18 reversed
    May - 118 Registrations - 27 extended - 23 reversed
    June - 119 Registrations - 26 extended - waiting on reversals

So far this month, I've had 94 Total Registrations. Only 37 have been activated. On the old system I would be looking at 57 extended and the month is only just half complete.

Where I used to have around a 20% non-activation rate, I'm now looking at 40%. Something sure is fishy with this.

Just to add to the confusion, I received two bonus postings this month from ebay. The first was obviously a Performance Bonus for Buy It Now bids. Then I received a $47 bonus. I have absolutely no idea what that was for. I wrote to ebay two days ago asking them if it was an error, and still haven't received a response. Well, at least so far they haven't reversed it.

---
    Judge your success by the degree that you're enjoying peace, health, and love.

I think I finally figured this one out. I was assuming that when the $0.00 Registration became an active registration that the same transaction was being corrected. But, instead, a second transaction is being added. So it looked like I had more registrations.

For instance, today it says I have a total of 149 month to date. I also have 65 active registrations. At first glance, it looks like I had 84 registrations not go active. But in reality, I've had 149 - (65x2) = 19 not go active. This is more in line with the history.

I sure wish they had made this more clear. I wouldn't have fumed over nothing. They still haven't answered my email about the bonus they gave me. I still think it had to be an error.

---

This is a good question.

I have days and days of the .05 earned but where is the amount higher that they show?

The .05 is for a bid. That amount does not change.

The $0.00 Registration and the $6.00 Activate Registration is for Registrations. When somebody registers, you don't get the $6.00 until they activate their account by placing a bid.

I have never been clear on whether or not you also get the .05 for the bid.

---

Maybe it will be the opposite of how it used to be. It used to be that the 10th of the month was reversal day for ebay. Maybe on Aug 10 we will see all those $6 registrations added to our accounts, instead of reversed. This depends on whether the actives are real time or whether we have to wait out the 30 day period before we get credit.

I think they are real time because some of mine are becoming active two or three days later.

Actually, I like this method better. Before there was always that let down when the reversals started hitting. Now you know you get to keep all the ones that have been activated. Sure makes keeping track of what you really have earned a lot easier.

---

I figured it all out by getting a report on all the transactions for ebay for a week, then sorting by transaction date.

The $6.00 comes at the same time as a nickel comes, but the reporting date can be several days after the transaction date.

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread