ABW Ambassador
    Nunya, Business
    Got an email with a merchant i do well with and like about technical issues with the Commission Junction tracking system on July 17,18 and a nice bonus was added to cover these 2 days. I know nothing about technical issues and was just wondering how a merchant has technical issues with the CJ tracking system. I guess this post is for CJ merchants or Todd. Is this something a merchant sets up, something they might have made a mistake with for this technical issue? Or who handles the tech stuff with tracking?

"Nothing focuses the mind better than the constant sight of a competitor who wants to wipe you off the map."
    --Wayne Calloway

Merchants with real-time reporting put a hidden image call (1x1 pixel) to CJ that reads the qksrv cookie upon completion of the sale. It's generally added to the "Thank-you" order confirmation page. The qksrv cookie is the one that is set when an affiliate link is clicked to send the visitor to the merchant's site.

Sounds like they may have messed up the code or done something accidental during a page update.

From your post, it sounds like they tried to compensate you for the error rather than hide it. Must have a decent AM

Scott Marino

CJ ~ 12% commission / 60 day cookies / unlimited actions / parasite free

3. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread