I don't get it. How can a merchant suddenly - in one day, reverse out half the leads for a month... all with the reason "Duplicate Order"....?

Yet of course, this simply can't be true or else all the other merchants I promote would all have similar stats?

Whats my come back? Another unanswered email? Or should I just drop them like a stone.....

There seems to be no real accountability if a merchant can hide behind an email..... I know of one network that called me up by telephone (from the other side of the world) to apologise for a bad merchant..... Whats the deal CJ?

That is a crappy merchant if they reverse all of them. I would drop them right away if they did that to me.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    quote:
    Yet of course, this simply can't be true or else all the other merchants I promote would all have similar stats?

Not technically true--there *could* be something wrong with their shopping cart which causes it to either double-submit or slows it down so much the person punches Submit again in a few minutes. This would explain it only happening at one merchant.

The reason I say the above is because I have a merchant that DID have a messed-up cart (slower than molasses), and about 1/2 the time the people would re-submit the order. It wasn't the merchant who told me this--I could SEE the duplications banging out in my stats. Whenever I'd see the 2 orders, one right after another, for the same price--I knew it was a real duplication. Normally orders from the place in question come in varying amounts, so the dups are rather obvious...

quote:
    Whats my come back? Another unanswered email? Or should I just drop them like a stone.....

That depends if your reports show the signs of there being actual duplications or not. Real dups either come in one right after another (like twins), or with a delay of just a few minutes (caused by the customer re-filling out the form and *then* resubmitting it).

If you see real duplications, then I'd say keep the merchant and hope they fix whatever's causing them. On the other hand, if you DON'T see the claimed duplications--drop 'em like a stone.

~Revenue is King

quote:
    Real dups either come in one right after another (like twins), or with a delay of just a few minutes (caused by the customer re-filling out the form and *then* resubmitting it).

If you call leads separated by 24 hours duplicates... well.... Nah this is strange, everything between a set of dates has been reversed. No reply yet from the merchant and I don't expect one.

I fully accept that reversals and refunds are a standard part of sales. And if a merchant is having technical problems with shopping carts etc, then all it takes is an email to their 'loyal' affiliates explaining the situation. I mean, I'm sure most of us are reasonable and negotiable people?

Another merchant that doesn't understand AFFILIATE MARKETING.

But the bad news is, there are just too many of them.

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread