Affiliate Marketing Consultant Linda - 5starAffiliatePrograms's Avatar
    http://abw.infopop.cc/6/ubb.x?a=tpc&...9&m=4966014483

Sorry, sent you a PM but wanted to get your attention right away. Thanks!

Linda Buquet ~ Affiliate Management Consultant ~ Catalyst eMarketing.com
    Representing www.5StarAffiliatePrograms.com: DentalPlans|Irv's Luggage|Executive Essentials|IntellicontactPro|zZounds|Roadloans

ABW Ambassador
    Please review my topic in midnightcafe " what is that. I was very quick and found the source code of that site with all the information in it. I also noticed that there are some other sites in google which do the same. I found them when I used rankdummy to find my listings. This software also shows the results of webpages which are in lower positions on SE than my sites and obviousely it shows the real ips and not the cloaked or redirected ips.

I posted it but got no attention on that. Perhaps this affiliate was on the board and closed it.

carneol

ABW Ambassador
    I reported several sites and got a message stating that meta refreshes are ok as long as the Merchant and the Publisher have an agreement.

That really sucks.

Meta refresh is one thing. Stealing someones copyright protected code and using it to scam the search engines and overwrite someones cookies is another matter all together. I think there are laws against conversion.

The Wolf Credo: Respect the elders. Teach the young. Cooperate with the pack. Play when you can. Hunt when you must. Rest in between. Share your affections. Voice your feelings. Leave your mark.

Network Quality has addressed this issue. Thank you all for reporting this behavior.

We do not anticipate this behavior continuing and are now monitoring for others that may try this in the future.

Todd Crawford
    Commission Junction

ABW Ambassador
    Good job guys. Here are a few more clues who this guy exactly is.

The guy responsible for this is connected with a huge news/publications organization that (among other things) packages content from multiple content providers.

His first name is an old testament biblical name, and his ancestors were said to be part of the illuminati, and known for wealth.

This person is stationed between 7th and 8th aves. in Manhattan and has frequented a vegetarian restaurant at that location.

He prides himself on being kosher (ironically), and is educated beyond his intelligence.

ABW Ambassador
    Kelly, if you know such a lot of this person, why don't you for us foreign affiliates post his name? Or pm it to me?

carneol

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    Todd,

Thanks for the swift action. This kind of stuff is complete bs...I don't care who the offender is.

Have to give credit when credit is due.

It's Your Money. You earned it. What are you going to do to make sure you get to keep it?

ABW Ambassador
    Carneol all the info is posted in Suspicious Activity forum ,guys name, sites etc.

"Nothing focuses the mind better than the constant sight of a competitor who wants to wipe you off the map."
    --Wayne Calloway

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Linda - 5starAffiliatePrograms's Avatar
    Trust,

I doubt that the guys name is really listed over there and I doubt he has been caught. Anyone smart enough to do this would have fake whois info, probably fake CJ publisher info going to a hidden bank account and everything else IMHO. CJ just deleted his publisher account - which was great that they acted so quickly. But am not aware that anyone has caught the real person or put a stop to future antics like this.

This person has made too much money and gotten away with this for too long to just give up now unless someone finds him and takes legal action. I don't have any more time for this. I need to go get some work done. If I am wrong or missed a thread and he has indeed been caught let me know.

Linda Buquet ~ Affiliate Management Consultant ~ Catalyst eMarketing.com
    Representing www.5StarAffiliatePrograms.com: DentalPlans|Irv's Luggage|Executive Essentials|IntellicontactPro|zZounds|Roadloans

ABW Ambassador
    True might not be his actual name but CJ deleted his account and others have his BF and LS,ids. And the networks know who they cut checks too, they have to be deposited somewhere, there is always a trail. Now people know what to look for, there will be more eyes on this sort of thing.

"Nothing focuses the mind better than the constant sight of a competitor who wants to wipe you off the map."
    --Wayne Calloway

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread