Dear eBay:

I'm glad that you've made changes to your program recently, along with the help of CJ, to minimize your reversals for the reason of "Unqualified Lead."

I'm glad that the commission for generating a new customer won't be applied to my balance until that customer is - indeed - qualified. This is a major improvement over previous procedure. However, it is not good enough.

What I want to know is:

Why are these unqualified Leads?

They've registered at eBay, they've provided you with their legitimate, verifiable ISP-based E-Mail address, or they've provided you with a credit card number so you can verify who they are. They've responded to your welcome E-mail that you sent out to verify the E-mail addy.

That sounds pretty qualified to me.

Why is the placing of a single bid of such importance? It doesn't even have to win the auction. I don't understand it. Why does this one action make the Lead qualified???

I strongly believe you should reconsider the terms of your program, and the fact that you still retain this Lead as a customer, long past the 30 day window given your Publishers. Eventually, they will likely bid on something. Yet I, as a Publisher, am left with nothing for bringing them to you. They were not qualified.

I am still seeing a lot of Registrations generated that never turn into Leads. I find it hard to believe that someone would go to all this trouble to sign up, yet not place a bid. I also think your Publishers should be paid for the Lead when you have verified the accuracy of the information they've provided.

Thank you for your consideration.

Andy

While eBay is reading your question, perhaps they can read mine too.

If a user from Canada comes to my site, and clicks on my "join eBay.com" link, registers, and bids, why don't I get credited with a lead?

Yes, I know it's because in the middle of the registration process, that user gets redirected to eBay.ca's site, but if I'm providing a lead to either eBay.com or eBay.ca, why is it that I am paid $0 for this service?

And why isn't this loophole explained in the program rules?

http://www.hockeydb.com

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    Ralph, you've been asking this question for a year, and I don't believe anyone from either company has ever bothered to respond to it.

A page a day keeps the creditors away.....

ABW Ambassador
    They do this so someone won't spend all day signing up with different email addressess, making $6 each time they do so. In theory you could still do this and bid on something you know you will be outbidded on, but thats a hassle and most won't do it. I like the way they have it set up now.

"Nothing focuses the mind better than the constant sight of a competitor who wants to wipe you off the map."
    --Wayne Calloway

I think eBay has done a lot to improve the program and stop the roller-coaster of changes that made me go get a real job now and then.

Andy,

The unqualified leads suck. But, they could go back to $4 per lead and not pay for bids. I think it comes close to coming out in the wash.

Well, I'd like to know why, after this much-touted change, I got THREE reversals from eBay today. Reason given: "unqualified lead."

Hello, I thought the new system was supposed to end all of these reversals, because we weren't supposed to be getting the commission until AFTER the lead was qualified?!?

Ugh.

They were probably from June, the new system started July 1.

quote:
    Originally posted by ToughTurkey™:
    They were probably from June, the new system started July 1.

Yep, you're absolutely right, they were from June and I should have noticed that. D'oh!

What if someone registers for eBay through my site, then puts an item up for sale (rather than placing a bid)? It seems to me that I have still sent eBay business, and should be rewarded, but don't think I am?

Ebay has plenty of sellers. What they are paying us to do is drive buyers to their site.

---
    Judge your success by the degree that you're enjoying peace, health, and love.

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread