A while back (June 11th) I contacted Chris @ Blair.com about their product links in the datafeed all pointing to the home page.
    A couple of emails later and I still havent heard anything back about this except that he had forwarded it to their "Outside Resource" that designed the feed and they were researching it.
    Well, it's getting close to a month later, I keep checking when the feed updates and their links keep doing this.
    I haven't heard anything from Chris about this recently so I thought I would see how many, if any are seeing this problem.
    Yes, I am about this.
    And Chris on a side note, if you are not going to ship something to someone, just tell them.
    It's going on 5 weeks since you "Sent them out" and over a week since my last message on your machine, and 4 MONTHS since this whole thing started.
    I hope this isn't how customers get treated.

Game on!!!!

Yes, I contacted Blair about this problem 4 times at both email addresses and not one response! I had another merchant recently whose product links were doing the same thing, all defaulting to their home page, I contacted them and within 1 hour it was fixed. I know Blair can fix this but are choosing not to! Why? Who knows?

Tami

Good Morning, Folks.

In regards to our data feed, as I told Nathan, the folks that coded the feed for us are not able to replicate the problem all the time, so they aren't sure what's triggering it. I can assure you that they are working on the problem. Blair.com has no reason to not fix the problem. When product links land on our homepage, our conversion rate plummets, and neither our partners our Blair.com benefits.

Nathan...

Yes, it's taken an extremely long time to get you your prize, but I would have appreciated it if you would have detailed the problems caused by your residing outside the U.S. (Blair.com only ships to U.S. residents) and that the items you selected were originally out of stock.

I have your box here. It was returned to our distribution center and it took a great deal of time for them to figure out where it had come from. They had to open it to find out that it was me that sent it. I know why the box was returned, but won't post it on a public forum. If you're interested, I can PM the specifics to you. I will mail it from the Warren P.O. today.

When I offered a prize for the contest, I didn't take into consideration that the winner could very likely be from outside the U.S. Had I considered that, I definitely would have come up with a different/better plan.

After reading your post this morning, the different/better plan will be to keep my mouth shut and not offer any more prizes to ABW.

Chris Park
    Affiliate/Partnership Manager
    Blair.com
    cjpark@blair.com
    (814)726-6074

Chris, I had a whole bunch of snide, semi sarcastic comments to make about your post.
    I even had them typed out. That's not how I want to business and after a long time it finally sunk in that this is my business.

That said, let's address this properly.
    1) Datafeed links.
    Obviously I am not alone in suffering from this problem, although it doesn't seem that widespread. It concerns me that it only happens to some people, especially as I am one of the some people. The fact of the matter is, I have your entire feed on part of my site and not one of the links works. I have sent you only a couple of the links and told you where I was using them so you could forward that information. I then attempted following up with you by phone a few times after our last conversation and received no response. Granted I am certain you are quite busy, but as I had mentioned, again in our last conversation, even if you could drop me an email to let me know what was going on I would have appreciated it.

2) As for the prize. When I ordered, I was ordering based on quantities displayed on your website, much like I was a paying customer.
    When I phoned you sometime later and you told me they were not in stock. I went on your site and was looking for other items and again, the original ones were showing in stock status on your site. I phoned to mention this to you and we were all good to go. As for the shipping, you sure have my curiosity up now lol.

I will try phoning you again today.

Game on!!!!

I believe the problem with the Blair.com data feed/product links at CJ has been repaired, and all links should go to the correct landing pages with the update tomorrow morning.

Chris Park
    Blair.com
    cjpark@blair.com
    (814)726-6074

Game on!!!! - The DawgFather

My links still go to the Blair homepage after loading the new datafeed. I was really hoping this would get fixed. Anybody else still having this issue?

Rick

All of my product links from the datafeed are going to the homepage too. Doesn't do much good to put product links on our pages if you can't get the customer to the proper page.

quote:
    After reading your post this morning, the different/better plan will be to keep my mouth shut and not offer any more prizes to ABW.

Ouch!

Sal @ PHATBargains.com

Rick and Linda:

Thanks for letting us know there's still a problem! The feed is fine when we send it, but something happens when it's fed into the CJ system. The problem is being looked into, and I promise to get this taken care of ASAP! I'm tired of it, as I'm sure everyone with Blair.com CJ product links is, too!

Chris Park
    Blair.com
    cjpark@blair.com
    (814)726-6074

Thanks for letting us know it's being worked on, Chris.

I appreciate your attention to this as well. Thanks. Hopefully it will be resolved real soon.

Fran

Chris - Thanks for replying to our concern. We eagerly await a solution!

Rick

Linda, Fran, Rick and All!

I just tried a product link on one of your sites and it appeared to direct to the correct page. Could one or all of you also do a check for me to make sure the problem has been corrected?

Thanks!

Chris

Chris Park
    Blair.com
    cjpark@blair.com
    (814)726-6074

Chris - Sorry for the bad news.....but my links still go to the home page.

I sent you a PM.

Rick

Mine are still going to the home page, too. Sorry, Chris.

Hey Chris,
    Received the package! Thanks very much!

Still waiting on the datafeed links situation, but I know you're working on it.
    Thanks again

Game on!!!! - The DawgFather

Chris,

Over the weekend all your links were down (other than datafeed) and now they're back up...somewhat. They're all still going to the home page however. Can you tell us when you will have this issue resolved and the links will be working correctly?

"Merchant with no cookie get no clicky"

Chris - Its been almost a 1 1/2 weeks since we last heard from you regarding the datafeed issue. My links still go to the home page. When can we expect a fix to this?

Rick

20. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread