ABW Ambassador
    Saw some 6-7 hour delays yesterday, sales for Monday showing right after midnite. Today i don't see anything after 4:30AM CJ time. Anybody have anything showing?

"Nothing focuses the mind better than the constant sight of a competitor who wants to wipe you off the map."
    --Wayne Calloway

18 trxns between then and now.

ABW Ambassador
    nevermind, 1 just showed up

"Nothing focuses the mind better than the constant sight of a competitor who wants to wipe you off the map."
    --Wayne Calloway

From another post related to new, faster servers:

quote:
    We are upgrading our database servers. They will be much faster (faster, more efficient processors; more ram; faster memory access; etc.)...only change you will experience is faster reporting - not that our reporting is slow but this new hardware is top of the line equipment....

Todd Crawford
    Commission Junction

Um, the recent 5 hour delays in reporting don't instill much confidence in your new faster reporting servers.

Ron - 7 Days A Week Marketing

This is where they find out the problem wasn't with the hardware.

Definately slow the past couple days for me, but I think that's google related.

Delays yesterday big time. Lots of transactions posted after midnight.

I'm just glad they did post!

Andy

Seems a wee bit of prolemo today, too - not as bad as yesterday but still behind.

Abigail

I just did a Web Site Performance report and sales are at least nine hours behind there.

Don't just love it when this is going on and CJ acts like nothing is happening?

ABW Ambassador

It is rather nauseating wouldn't you say ?

Yesterday was extremely delayed too, but this is pathetic .

I guess we can look forward to yet another BS "upgrade" or "maintainence period" coming soon .

ABW Ambassador
    Okay.. It's morning now CJ , and if you call those reports "caught up" for yesterday, you are only kidding yourself .

Please hear me out .
    I'm not the enemy here, and despite all the
    b!tching , I'm really on your side, and it is in both of our best interests for me to even attempt to publicly make this un-educated guess based only on common sense observation which may offer a clue as to what I think the problem is here.

If your tech guys are any bit as good at what they do as a truly great mechanic that can pinpoint what a cars problem is simply by someone telling them that their car goes "Ting -Tat" when making a left turn, then I'm here to tell you that "my car" goes "Ting tat" when making a left !

Please ...have your tech people look at your database set-up and design for advertiser reversals a little bit closer - a lot closer .

Ive noticed that whenever a reversal comes in , it's like the kiss of death - sales reporting is affected, or totally dead in the water.

I'm not ashamed to admit that I really don't know squat about this tech stuff , but a few things I ran across sound like they could apply to you :

synchronizing objects or tasks access

read / write locks

Take it for whatever it's worth , and do with it whatever you will.

Is reporting still screwed up? Some ebay nickles came through during the day, but my last reported sale was Noon yesterday which is really unusual.

Okay, all you dozens of people at CJ who Todd says read our posts every day. What's up with the very, very slow reporting?

Reporting is experiencing some intermittent delays during the day when txn loads are higher. We are working to optimize some processes to reduce the delays between event dates and posting dates. Some improvements have already been made this week.

Todd Crawford
    Commission Junction

ABW Ambassador
    I thought these delays would be handled by the last hardware deployment: "The only change you will experience is faster reporting"

"We are upgrading our database servers. They will be much faster (faster, more efficient processors; more ram; faster memory access; etc.). It is a small downtime (a few hours). The only change you will experience is faster reporting - not that our reporting is slow but this new hardware is top of the line equipment. Everyone replaces hardware periodically as more, better, faster (and less expensive) stuff becomes available.

Wait and see, there should be no problems associated with the upgrade."

--Wayne Calloway

quote:
    I thought these delays would be handled by the last hardware deployment?

And so did we. Although the hardware is vastly superior, there are other tweeks that needed to be made to gain maximum performance. We have made most of these improvements and the delays should be minimal now.

I checked the backlog graphs and they are non existent.

Todd Crawford
    Commission Junction

ABW Ambassador
    Cool, thanks Todd, may be a little delayed but last couple of weeks have been great.

--Wayne Calloway

Todd,

I had a sale from backcountry yesterday that wasn't added in to my total. Today I have 2 sales and the first one is in (ie in my performance report). Shouldn't that mean that the sale from back country should also be in my performance report too since it was yesterday? Or are some of yesterday's sales still not in the performance report? It's fine if it's added in today but it's odd that it's not added in yet.

Thanks.

I am not sure about this one. I suggest you use Ask a Questio to find out for sure.

Todd Crawford
    Commission Junction

18. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread