Sorry if this is a dumb question; I haven’t tried the Editor kit yet.
    For those of you who have used it.
    Since the editor kit is javascript, do any of you get good rankings for keywords on pages that only contain ebay items?
    For example if you had a page that was displaying all of the auctions for bicycles and this is the only thing on the page, the only thing a search engine spider would see is the javascript. If you were trying to get good rankings for the keyword “bicycles” I would think it would be difficult to do since there is only javascript.
    Has anyone had good results with only displaying the editor kit javascript for a particular number of items and actually made money this way?
    Or
    Does everyone use the editor kit javascript on pages that also contain content?
    And then it’s the content you count on for bringing in the traffic?

Thanks for any comments.

It’s my understanding that the SE’s don’t read JavaScript, so you would need to have some other text on the page to draw good (or any rankings). Also, if I visited a page with nothing but the listings from the editors kit, I would probably hit my back button pretty fast.

Jason
    “I get on my knees and pray, we don’t get fooled again!” – Who said that? I said that!

I have good results with a combination here. I can't imagine putting ONLY the script on a page, just a paragraph with general search links would help. Sometimes the script hasn't showed up on my page, too, so I have to have alternatives.

"The things that come to those that wait may be the things left by those who got there first."

quote:
    if I visited a page with nothing but the listings from the editors kit, I would probably hit my back button pretty fast.

That's what you and I would do all right, but not Joe Surfer! Sites out there are making a killing doing just what you say.

BTW. The javascript results are indeed read like an image - no value at all to engines. As has been suggested, you need to include some optimized text on your page. If you don't, and have dozens of editor kit pages on your site, I would include META NAME="robots" CONTENT="NoIndex" so you are not punished by google for spam.

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread