Hello, DentalPlans.com has decided to offer a $200 cash bonus to August's top producer and $50 to each of the 4 runner-ups! This is only available to our CJ publishers. We will starting a new contest in September as well.

Let me know if you have any question or need keyword lists, new creative, or anything else.

Thank you for your time,
    Evan Weber, Director of Marketing
    954-583-9186
    evan@dentalplans.com

Evan Weber

ABW Ambassador
    Hi evan, I have some feedback, unfortunatelly is negative but fortunatelly I hope it help you:

I do not understand this type of contests, what good is a $200 bonus for someone earning a top position that means for example $3000 in commission per month? What is the incetive? 7% extra for the winner? if that is not the case and the Top publisher only makes $400 a month, then the program is not very succesful, so I find it contradictory, also you don't call the big and most wanted affiliates earning $5000+ / month with the bonus amount.

Also a prize for the winner is not an incentive for small and mid-size publishers, because they have no chance to win, and as a plus nobody can know what they sould achieve and nobody can see how are they are doing compared to competitors for the prize, so it seems the incentive is not an incentive for anyone.

Fer

Hey Fer, thanks for the feeback. This is our first 'contest' so I appreciate the comments. Our biggest publishers in CJ are not large publisher organizations, so it is somewhat of a grass-roots contest. Thats why we also made bonuses for the first 4 runner-ups, so the small to mid-size pubs can compete as well.

However, I would appreciate ideas for our August contest from the affiliate community.

Thank you,
    Evan - Dentalplans.com

Evan Weber

ABW Ambassador
    Come on Fer ...doesn't 200 bucks convert nicely to Argentina dollars?

Should they offer free dental work? A root canal or crown and bridge work?

But yes, some merchants must see it as "pulling teeth" to get affiliates motivated.

Hey, I sell chocolate goodies and such. I don't want my visitors to think about the dental work they'll need after they eat the stuff.

Oh, I don't like dentists or surgeons

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Linda - 5starAffiliatePrograms's Avatar
    Fer,

Bonuses are viewed differently by each affiliate. MANY affiliates appreciate the recognition and pat on the back - regardless of the amount! I think offering $200 for a 1st contest is very generous and it's the thought that counts. A lot of merchants don't offer one thin dime or even a thank you for the effort!

My 1st sales contest for Irvs Luggage was just several measley $20 gift certificates. You know what??? I still had affiliates thank me and the winners tell me the recognition made them want to try even harder. It's not the amount - it's the thought that counts.

One thing I did and I will recommend it to Evan - is I also had a "most improved" winner, so even a newbie could win. I awarded it to the person who had made the least sales the previous month and the most in the current month. So it could have been someone that went from 3 sales to 10 or 0 to 8. Turns out it went to a newbie who had just joined the month of the contest. But I think that award helped to level the playing field and give less successful or new affiliates a chance at being recognized.

FYI - Evan lots of affiliates do not want their identity revealed so when you announce the winners dont reveal their name or their URL. I use an abbreviation or a code name based on the publisher name. Just enough to let the winner know that have won and give them recognition - but not enough info for anyone else to know who they are.

Linda Buquet ~ Affiliate Management Consultant ~ Catalyst eMarketing.com
    Representing High Paying 5 Star Affiliate Programs ~ Visit our NEW ABW Forum
    Irv's Luggage ~ Executive Essentials ~ DentalPlans ~ IntellicontactPro ~ zZounds ~ Roadloans ~ MORE!

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    Come on Fer ...doesn't 200 bucks convert nicely to Argentina dollars? - kelly626

Hehehe you are up to date with foreign currencies, $200 is the average monthly salary here. But although I spend like an Argentinian I earn like an American (this is totally great) so I compare earnings within the US market.
    I have been earning performance bonus for $2500 last months, based on commission % increase, so this time $200 is not a eye-catching number for me, may be later, when I get less succesful

Fer

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread