ABW Ambassador
    just get email that they will change network in october !!!

time to dump their links

Hard Work and ... Sell Sell Sell

Bad move. Too easy to replace with another cj link than risk a network hopper.

- - - - -
    42. Yup, the answer to life, the universe, and everything.

ABW Ambassador
    I wish they would stay at CJ, but i will follow wherever they go, they convert pretty good for me.

I work in lounge pants

yupe, they convert OK..but i can't stand their extension.

ABW Ambassador
    OK Homevision give 15% ... reconsider switch to them and no more extended crap anymore

Hard Work and ... Sell Sell Sell

Sure with Homevision you might not get extended, you'll just get reversed...

I think i will follow surefit too. They convert quite nice.

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it."

Well, since CJ changed some policies, a lot of merchants are unhappy. When you say "network hopper", what does that mean?

How many times do they have to change before that lable applies?

If they change networks all the time, you are certainly right. But, if a network changes its terms, prices and benefits, what is a merchant supposed to do, just lump it?

I would think a good affiliate would follow once. Twice, I might think about since they should do their homework before changing.

It is also up to the networks to be stable and not get merchants in under one set of conditions and terms then change them.

The Wolf Credo: Respect the elders. Teach the young. Cooperate with the pack. Play when you can. Hunt when you must. Rest in between. Share your affections. Voice your feelings. Leave your mark.

seems like a lot of merchants are leaving cj. why is that?

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Ssanf--to me it only takes one hop.

To heck with that "good affiliate" stuff--I've NEVER had a merchant who changed networks end up being worth the bother of following them (changing the links). It is unbright to do what has continually given poor results.

They can get their good little affiliates elsewhere. They hop networks, they hop off my site.

quote:
    what is a merchant supposed to do, just lump it?

Pbbt, they're just using that as an excuse IMO--the other networks don't seem to be offering anything *better*--except for the ability to not report sales easier!

You can bet your buns that SureFit isn't going to appear at SaS where they have to pay into an escrow account. Sure, SF was a good converter. But they were also a reversal maniac (up to 50%!) and an extension maniac, whose reversals had finally gotten so bad that their competition had been outperforming them.

Perhaps more telling, they also emailed me and let me know they were starting a "natural search campaign!" You can see the handwriting on the wall of that one--soon, they wouldn't want affiliates appearing in the SEs (I don't just mean for their TM, but for other keywords as well)! They actually wanted me to redesign my site--in such a way that would destroy the SEO (SEO for non-TM'd keywords). I told them that if they insisted, the only thing changing on that site would be the MERCHANT!!!

More reversals than normal + extensions + "we now want to compete with you" = terminal program rot. Good riddance and I'm not staying on their train until the inevitable crash! When they leave CJ, I'll hit Delete on their section and then in 2 months or so I'll laugh at the posts which will almost certainly appear dissing their performance at the new place.

As for what they're supposed to do, if they had been doing what they were supposed to, they wouldn't have worn out their usefulness at CJ. Namely, NOT reverse half the stuff and NOT extend the rest!

I really hate places that use up the goodwill of so many affiliates at one network that it's no longer profitable for them to stay, and then expect people to follow them when they go to strip-mine at another.

quote:
    Sure with Homevision you might not get extended, you'll just get reversed...~Terrymc

I've found the opposite to be the case. I looked at my reports for the year, and HV was outperforming SF--because of all the reversals that come from SF! SF seems to convert great, but once all their reversals are accounted for, it turns out to be less lucrative than HV. And since the report I was looking at covers all of 2003 (up til now, that is), I know this is a long-term phenomenon.

It is a beautiful thing, to do nothing, and then rest afterwards.~Spanish Proverb

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread