I was just checking the "deactivated list" and found out that tackle direct was deactivated.

It has been deactivated since Aug 13, with status "Advertiser Expired".

Does that mean that Tackle Direct has left CJ ? If so, why didn't they give some sort of notification to all its publishers ?

Hi Redsands,

I received notification via CJ's Deactivated email about a week ago. Maybe you have to enable received CJ email in your account profile.

Happy earning$!

Les
    Webman Studios
    Home of the Official Australian Affiliate Forum
    http://www.webman.com.au

hmm maybe that's why. but i was notified when music123 left cj few months ago.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    They probably got tired of never reaching their monthly minimum payout and having to pay CJ a flat 500.00 fee.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

Affiliate/AM Moonlighter dflsports's Avatar
    I did not receive any notification from Tackledirect.com. I happen to see some small red text while looking at a report "expires aug 13" I called them and they are moving their program "in house". An email would have been nice

Send them a baggie of earth worms with a best of luck memo.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

ABW Ambassador
    They obviously aren't taking their affiliate program too seriously. Didn't receive a de-activation email and their affiliate program info on their site still lists CJ as the place for it.

Mike's idea of some worms in the mail sounds like a good one!

Jim

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    They had been doing well for my mother until a couple of months ago, when they mysteriously stopped converting well.

As for their deactivation, not only did they not give any advance warning about leaving CJ, they reversed all the last month's transactions, and to add insult to injury, changed the status in her account to "advertiser terminated"--as if THEY (Tackle) had dumped her!

It wasn't until she wrote CJ that the truth came out--Tackle was no longer with the network. The last-minute reversals from Tackle and the attempt to fudge the reason for them no longer being in my mother's account get me to retract anything good I said about these losers--whatever they had going for them is obviously as gone as their program.

So much for them--another deadbeat leaves in the middle of the night in a matte black speedboat with nothing to show for their presence but a wake of Ugly Red Figures and lame cover-attempts. NEXT!

It is a beautiful thing, to do nothing, and then rest afterwards.~Spanish Proverb

[This message was edited by Leader on August 20, 2003 at 04:16 PM.]

Leader sure drowned their worm. Anyone have any luck with BigFish&tackle ?? Seems like Walleye Warrior would go for that one.

Mike & Charlie ...

ABW Ambassador
    BigFishTackle?

That's a no win program if there ever was one. Not sure how it works now, but before, what happened is that you sent them traffic. They then sent that traffic to their co-branded Bass Pro Shops store. Bass Pro Shops converts very poorly for me as it stands - can't imagine it converting any better when going through Big Fish's store.

BigFishTackle no longer has that co-branded store, so not sure what they pay affiliates on anymore.

ABW Ambassador
    Seems there are some good tackle merchants out there:

http://www.iflyshop.com/
    http://www.fishusa.com
    http://tyeetackle.com/

just a few i found

I work in lounge pants

They sure haven't paid me a dime in 2 years. Just filler bait for my sporting goods section. Maybe gutting the owners and using them for sharkbait might help. OH an EPC of 0.82 ...they must have bought some of their own stuff.

Mike & Charlie ...

ABW Ambassador
    Winterpeg, the Mosquito Capital of Canada
    No Mike they never converted for my site either.
    I see e angler is new at CJ, but since I am working in the business, I think their site is a cookie cut business version that is being advertised in the trade magazine I get. I may be wrong, I just haven't taken the time to look, only because more time is being spent on sites actually making more money than the sport site. I see Riverwire is Temp offline at SAS, so my tackle guys are all falling by the wayside. Bass Pro, I for some reason decided to put some gift products on a site again. Someone should slap me upside the head for taking the time on that one. I should have learned the first time I can't get them to convert.
    I am going to look at Trusts findings, and probably push more Back Country stuff, seems they are only ones who has the odd sale showing in the commission reports that stick.

WW

Make a difference! Support your local Cancer Care providers.

Well WW ...send them a un-iced walleye with a canadian nickel glued to it's mouth with a note telling them to buy some CPC Ads.

Mike & Charlie ...

ABW Ambassador
    Who wants to be the one to clue http://www.floridafishing.com in that the tackledirect banner is expired?

Gone fishin ...instead of just a wishin

16. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread