ABW Ambassador
    I just found out that each month Ebags is extending 100% of sales, which effectively means you are not paid for about 60 days on each sale or you are a floating 2 months behind.

This is not acceptable to us and none of our other partners run their programs like this.

My suggestion is we all contact Ebags AM on this so it can be changed!

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Linda - 5starAffiliatePrograms's Avatar
    SurveyMan,

I would like to invite you to join Irvs Luggage Warehouse. We are 100% parasite-free! We don't extend transactions, we offer our partners longer cookies (120 days) and have a free datafeed outside of CJ.

Linda Buquet :: Affiliate Management Consultant :: Catalyst eMarketing.com
    5 Star Affiliate Programs :: Top Paying/High-Integrity Merchants :: Visit ABW Forum
    EveryTicket Sports/Concert Tickets :: Irv's Luggage Warehouse :: Executive Essentials Office & Gifts:
    DentalPlans :: HealthPlans :: Avid Hosting :: IntellicontactPro :: zZounds Music :: Roadloans :: MORE!

ABW Ambassador
    I'll back Linda up that Irv's is a quality program with integrity that produces and pays.

Buttheads like ebags "pun intended to those that get it", are just another pp merchant with poo poo policies.

===============================
    PeePee merchants with PooPoo policies allow our earnings to be flushed down the crapper.

Why give parasites unlimited cookie durations and credit for sales where they divert our users and overwrite our cookies. PP merchants directly support what many consider unfair trade practices and thievery!

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Funny how the perps running programs like eBags think that moving to a less costly network will ramp up their program. Face it until eBags decides to play by all the ABW pro-affiliate rules they will never recover from their miserable 3 year performance. Two of those was spent courting all the prized BHO parasites that completely destroyed their affiliate base.

Basically until they devise a way to actually show they can convert normal affiliate traffic they are still losers even with consolidated payments. Their 1st step was to devise a way to float payments to CJ circumventing consolidated payments. You shaft loyal eBags Befree affiliates and then jump networks expecting to start the cycle over again. It doesn't work that way unless you immediately duplicate every single policy shown by Essential Apparel and JC Whitney.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

Thanks Poon! It's a commitment to affiliates like you that keeps us honest. Why on earth would anyone want to work with parasites and sacrifice all the strong relationshsips you can have with real affiliate partners?

5 Star Affiliate Programs :: Top Paying/High-Integrity Merchants :: Visit ABW Forum
    EveryTicket Sports/Concert Tickets :: Irv's Luggage Warehouse :: Executive Essentials Office & Gifts:
    DentalPlans :: HealthPlans :: Avid Hosting :: IntellicontactPro :: zZounds Music :: Roadloans :: MORE!

quote:
    Originally posted by EcomCity.com:
    Funny how the perps running programs like eBags think that moving to a less costly network will ramp up their program.

Whooo EcomCity,

I have bugged Jeff for 3 years to move to CJ, when he leaves then they move.

Do not write it as if they moved because of a cheaper program, they still maintain there Befree account. You are WAY out of line there.

As for eBags extending their transactions, so what, Sea Eagles extended there transactions and I love getting $50.00 a pop for each boat I sell. Who cares it takes an extra 30 days to cover their 30-day money back guarantee.
    Hummm let me see,

Joann extends some of there’s,
    ABT extends all of there’s,
    BackCountry extends there’s also.

Why because they offer there customers a 30 day money back guarantee. I believe we should still get paid, as we did our job, we sold the item its up to the merchant to keep the sale. But that’s not how it works in AM, so live with it.

I love IRVS also, but I cannot get the conversion I get with eBags. The big problem I have with IRV's is they do not auto redirect bad links to their home page or a close category. You get a BLANK BLACK page. It drives me crazy.

But I do love IRV’s One of these days I would like to get soem sales for them!

EcomCity.com – Miserable 3 year performance? eBags.com has one of the highest converting programs around and we have paid out over $1 million in commissions since my first day back in June of 1999. Over 200 affiliates receive checks on a monthly basis and I'm sure many other ABW members can attest to that. I recently resigned from eBags.com six weeks back – but had to chime regarding the negative comments.

Sandra is right - our program with Be Free will always remain in place. It has performed exceptionally well over the years. We launched the second program with CJ to complement our existing program. If you prefer to work with CJ, please feel free to sign up - both programs will have the same payout (9-11% standard commissions and 20% on a handful of brands) and 45 return (cookie) days.

Jeffrey

Sandra

I'm glad you love Irvs and I would like to try to help you convert more sales.

quote:
    The big problem I have with IRV's is they do not auto redirect bad links to their home page or a close category. You get a BLANK BLACK page. It drives me crazy.

I can't correct problems I don't know about. Wish you had told me sooner and I would have had that fixed. I am sending this issue to the programmer right away. Thanks for making me aware of it!

Catalyst,

Thank you for looking into the bad link issue. When I first signed with IRVS I explained concern about the BLACK BALNK page with only the footer showing, but received no reply. You have to admit after a days worth of craziness the mind moves on to other things.

There was a time when I believed eBags and Irvs were in direct competition, but if you look over the product line, a site can maintain both without much trouble.

Also the categories are wonderful in making sure a site can carry both.

Example: Back Packs

eBags Category; Luggage
    Irvs Category; Sports

As an affiliate I am only interested in sales, and the affilaite with the most sales wins

Come on now Sandra any dedicated affiliate can even take the Branded eBags.com offerings and showcase them today. Back in 1999 and y-2000 not even you could scalp a sale from them with 4 sizes of banners shouting eBags.com with zero cookie days, full retail prices and a huge minimum.

I'm just tired of seeing their BHO popups everywhere and the fact they refused to post on any forum trying to hide from their affiliate flock. If you had the sway, and certainly Jeffery knows how to lurk at ABW, how come no decision to have a successful forum at ABW for eBags.

Lets here it from all you women. Why shouldn't eBags have a forum at ABW??? They certainly can afford it and show their support for their 200 monthly pay check earners. Where else can they get exposure to 60,000 active affiliates.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

Sandra,

I am fairly new with Irvs and did not get anything about this or would have replied. The programmer said it's the 1st he's heard of this and can't duplicate the problem. Would you do us (and you) a big favor and PM me a link that does this so we can do some research.

All bad links and 404 errors redirect to the homepage. If there is a link that doesn't we need to check so we can find out where the problem is.

TIA for anything you can PM me, that would help us help YOU make more sales.

I would much rather have the sales extended than have a bunch of reversals.
    eBags has always done ok for me, and I have never had any problems getting paid by them.
    Maybe Zappos could extend their sales a little longer and avoid all those reversals!

Connie Berg
    http://www.flamingoworld.com

Linda take a poll. How much exposure does a handbag, dufflebag, luggage merchant have from returns. I've never met a woman in my life that returned a handbag within 30 days of purchase. After 3 wives and with 4 sisters I can testify some might exchange them at the mall for the more expensive model. Online ....I doubt it! The extension policy sucks of greedy management wanting zero exposure on a money back guarantee.

I'll up eBags one more. Since 1996 with a no questions asked 30 day money back guarantee and lifetime warranty www.suspenders.com has only had 6 requests for refunds on over 1 million pair sold. Lame reason for two of the six ....wrong size .....LOL.

Mike & Charlie ...

ABW Ambassador
    SandraR - I have to correct you on the 30 day return policy as just about EVERY merchant has a 30 day return policy but only a very small number of merchants extend transactions on CJ. Ebags is the only one we have ever seen do this, so by far this is no reason or excuse.

Further more, a returns are extremely low w/ ebags and returns can always be posted against current months sales and netted out of the total ebags pays monthly for distribution by CJ to ebags partners. Simply put, there is no solid reason for extending 100% of sales monthly. None.

I suggest those ebags partners that are interested in changing this email Jeff (AM) at ebags to see if he would be able to change it...as we already have.

Connie, I agree ebags does always pay but that is not what I am saying. Merely, it would be nice to have it shore up the terms. Also just because a merchant hides it returns in its "extended" sales numbers does not mean they don't have returns so there is no difference there. I would prefer seeing the returns so I know what is going on and how to estimate for them monthly. My 2 cents.

I'd rather wait to get paid from an auto-extending merchant that CONVERTS, than squander that same traffic to a merchant who does not.

I recently put up a luggage and bags section on a new site, with a pretty much 50/50 representation of both eBags and Irvs on eahch page. Getting eBags sales daily, but have yet to see so much as a nickel from Irvs. Heck I even caught a few sales sideways from other merchants with just a banner off to the side on those pages.

eBags rocks :P

There are plenty of other merchants who auto-extend too. Once again, I would rather have the automatically-extended commission (the ol' A.E.C.) than the automatically-not-converted-precious-click-away-from-my-site (that dreaded A.N.C.P.C.A.F.M.S. that we all loathe)

Linda it's nice that you promote your program aggressively; you're a real go-getter.

But I have lost what respect (a good bit of it, too) that I had for you when you came jumping into a thread about eBags like a Superhero trying to save the day. If your program is good, or better than others, it should stand on it's own merits, with no need for pouncing on the competition like a rabid badger.

What if the Zappos guy jumped in like that in the thread where somebody lamented the fact that their Shoes.com sales have been slow lately? Doesn't look good, does it?

quote:
    Originally posted by Catalyst:
    Sandra,

I am fairly new with Irvs and did not get anything about this or would have replied. The programmer said it's the 1st he's heard of this and can't duplicate the problem. Would you do us (and you) a big favor and PM me a link that does this so we can do some research.

Linda,

When I catch one of those pesky bad links doing it again I promise you will be the first to get the information.

Thank you again for your willingness to assist in ensuring sales are a priority.

quote:
    Originally posted by Survey Man:
    SandraR - I have to correct you on the 30 day return policy as just about EVERY merchant has a 30 day return policy but only a very small number of merchants extend transactions on CJ. Ebags is the only one we have ever seen do this, so by far this is no reason or excuse.

I can not recall a return of product from eBags, yet I do not have heartburn waiting an extra 30 days to be assured the sale does not get returned.

I’ve noticed people who have heartburn concerning immediate pay versus a 30-day extension seriously need the money. Not to say needing the money is a bad thing, but this is a business and if you do not have the revenue to tide yourself over then you’re doing this business with an hourly wage mentality.

Am is SALES, Marketing and Advertising – No hourly wages here! If you have a bricks and mortars as I do, you know there is nothing wrong with a 30 day grace period for your best customers to pay their bills. (credit cards) It’s a business mentality you are lacking, stop with the hand to mouth and you will become a success.

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    But I have lost what respect (a good bit of it, too) that I had for you when you came jumping into a thread about eBags like a Superhero trying to save the day. If your program is good, or better than others, it should stand on it's own merits, with no need for pouncing on the competition like a rabid badger.

I disagree with this all together. This is an open forum and Linda is as much a part of this community as you are and has the same rights. If Ebags had their own forum and the topic was opened their and Linda jumped "into their forum" I would agree with you.

Ebags has no interest in communicating with this community or they would already be here - Sandra R even volunteered her commisions for them to open the forum a couple of weeks back and well.......

I think Linda has every right to promote herself in open forums "more so than others" since afterall she is a a paying member that helps financially support this board!

I say shame on you and I've lost a tad of respect on you as well. Tit for Tat!

PeePee merchants with PooPoo policies allow our earnings to be flushed down the crapper.

Why give parasites unlimited cookie durations and credit for sales where they divert our users and overwrite our cookies. PP merchants directly support what many consider unfair trade practices and thievery!

ABW Ambassador
    Nowires, why is it that you assume Ebags (or any other affiliate program) has no room to improve it's program? Would it really be a problem if Ebags did not extend monthly transactions... I suspect not, which is why I am bringing this out.

I wrote this in hopes we could collectively express our interest, as partners, in pushing their program one more step. And further, no one said Ebags doesn't convert, etc. That was never mentioned and no one complained either so perhaps a little less defensiveness might help us all out a bit

NoWires,

I'm sorry you don't know me well and thought I was
    quote:
    pouncing on the competition like a rabid badger.

Although I realize it may have seemed self promotional, people like Poon who know me well, realize that I will always jump on a thread to help affiliates when I can.

If someone had complained they were getting too many reversals or extensons for a jewely program I would "pounce on it like a rabid badger" promoting the benefits and strong repution of Mondera. Even though I have nothing to gain from that. Chris is is high-integrity and affiliate-centered and I always support him, sincerely respect him and would never get in his way.

I also pounced on a thread on another forum where someone was looking for an honest auto merchant and promoted Rick from JcWhitney and Patrice from Eastwood. I don't work with either of those programs.

I share whatever options I think are helpful or an alternative resource, whether I have anything to do with the program or not. I support and recommend what I think will help affiliates.

If someone complained that their sales were down I would jump in, as I often do to offer tips about pop-up blockers that could be blocking affiliate links that open in new windows or whatever...

Poon is sooooooo right, if eBags had a forum here AND was parasite-free, I would never, ever have even made a comment. And you can bet I would have jumped in to support them.

But since I stand for the affiliate community just as much as any affiliate here - I deserve to state my opinion on options that are clean!

I have said it before and I'll say it again. I don't work for Irvs Luggage - I work for YOU!

[This message was edited by Catalyst on August 22, 2003 at 12:26 AM.]

Linda,

Don't worry, Be happy!

------------------------------
    What does the COC stand for? Crooks Overwriting Commissions.
    Don't worry! Tracking is infected!
    ------------------------------
    Love Life to the fullest. we only get ONE chance! :-) !

23. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread