Here we go again, strategies to divert traffic from affiliates. While testing a link from AbridsWorld, BIG HUGE…

Send link to a friend. I have never seen one that big before, its bigger than the add to cart button.

Upon Referring to friend

1. No Affiliate code.
    2. Auto redirect back to the front page with no affiliate cookie reference after you send the email to a friend.
    3. Email received goes without the actual reference page (reference should have come with our affiliate code).

The email:
    I visited a web site that I thought you might find interesting. The URL is http://www.abirdsworld.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?

In particular, this product link I'm emailing you is something I thought you would like. Click on it and it will take you to the product picture and description. If you find anything that you think I might like as well fell free to email it back to me. Talk to you soon.

Garden Path - Appreciation http://www.abirdsworld.com/Merchant2...t_Code=775Ps89

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Looks like one of the many full retail priced specialty gifting companies who scanned a gifting catalog. Diversion tactics galore -Live help button to 3rd party -800# and the non commissionable tell-a-friend feature. A affiliate sales force is just what this company needs to complete the picture.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

ABW Ambassador
    If you can plainly see that the feature is there - just like the 1-800 number and the live help button as well it seems you would just avoid them.

I'd be perfectly fine with you saying they have a crappy program due to the above issues but to call them a thief because an aff id was not placed in a "tell a friend" link thats forwarded to a friend seems a bit strong even to me.

BTW: I did get their cookie put on my machine but I sure wont be buying anything with it.... Wait a minute, here comes cookie monster...... Poof!

===============================
    PeePee merchants with PooPoo policies allow our earnings to be flushed down the crapper.

Why give parasites unlimited cookie durations and credit for sales where they divert our users and overwrite our cookies. PP merchants directly support what many consider unfair trade practices and thievery!
    ===============================

quote:
    Originally posted by happypoon:
    I'd be perfectly fine with you saying they have a crappy program due to the above issues but to call them a thief because an aff id was not placed in a "tell a friend" link thats forwarded to a friend seems a bit strong even to me.

My miss speaking I ment TRAFFIC THEIF, and that is accurate. Well Outdoordecor is giong to get all that traffic now!

ABW Ambassador
    Another maggot? Show me . . . more

Brian
    aka Cyclone

Get while the getting's good

ABW Ambassador
    This is the time of year when we start getting those maggot merchant e-mails like:

"We have noticed that you have signed up to our program in the CJ network, but we are unable to find our sh*t listed on your site."

Dear maggot merchant,

We had a bad fly infestation this summer and are waiting till after the holidays to consider any more maggot listings.

Best Regards,

Kelly626

Kelly626 ... LMAO!!!!

Ray Thomas
    DesignerWiz.com CEO
    Development Resource & Javascript Public Archive Center
    http://DesignerWiz.com

Sample of an accurate and honest message from a maggot merchant:

Dear Affiliate,

We noticed that you joined our program through CJ, yet aren't currently running any ads for us on your site. We realize that in the past you've given us 1,768,432 impressions which resulted in 7,600 clicks and no sales, but we want to make sure you understand how much that exposure means to our bottom line.

Without publishers running our ads, we miss out on branding which is so important to our company. We realize you haven't been paid for any of the sales you sent us, because we have lots of diversions to delete any cookies that might have been set. If any somehow get by, we extend them and reverse them later, with a reason of "other".

We can't afford to PAY for advertising, so we have a program at CJ. We know our ads suck, we know we don't pay you anything, even if you sent the customer to us and they bought something, but we want you to run ads for us anyway, because we're really nice people and we respond to all publisher E-mails within 5 or 6 months.

Here's to a long and productive relationship, where we make lots of money and you get to feature a great merchant on your site for your visitors to buy from.

Regards,
    MaggotMerchant. com

Sometimes the truth hurts, doesn't it?

Andy

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Haw haw!

It is a beautiful thing, to do nothing, and then rest afterwards.~Spanish Proverb

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    Dear Affiliate,

We noticed that you joined our program through CJ, yet . . .
    I think I'll frame this.

Brian
    aka Cyclone

Get while the getting's good

Nice one Andy

Don't forget to help me win the car
    BTW is this post 200,000?
    Take care
    YouTrek.com

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    Auto redirect back to the front page with no affiliate cookie reference after you send the email to a friend
    Even though you do not see the cookie reference in the address bar, doesn't mean the cookie is not there. Once a visitor clicks on the link, and goes to the advertisers site, the cookie is dropped, and will remain until the end of the duration it was set for, it is overwritten, or the user deletes their cookies. This is as it was explained to me via telephone conversation with a CJ rep, back before they came up with their help feature.

-----------------------------
    Big Chuck
    www.webproconnect.com

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread